Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Axial Wraith Unboxing Video & Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Nice video, by the way!
Its nice to see the measurement, and a video from a hobbyist.
Hoyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Did anyone else notice that even as it's pulled out of the package that the front wheels are leaning in resembling a mid 90s Ford 4wd just like the AX10's and SCX10's... /----\
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #23
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Spam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSPARKS View Post
How is that spam? Im surprised at the ignorance. Im an idividual, not a store.

What a dick thing to say. Shove off.
Your pictures are advertising your logo and website (where you DO sell things). Normally only blue star vendors are allowed to do this. You don't even have a green star. You direct traffic from here to your videos with links to your website, and you don't support RCC at all.

Dez is right.

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

How short sighted. I see. So because I am protecting my photography by identifying my work, I am spamming.

Ive already had my work stollen from forums to be used on Ebay, Magazines, Different sites, etc.

As I was one of the first people in the world to shoot photography of the Wraith, and TAKE THE TIME to share it with you - you want to try to say Im spamming? It's my RIGHT to protect my work.

I have been posting and entertaining viewers here for years, and it has never been an issue. By no means do i have to post here, I do it to give good quality content to a great forum.

Last edited by RCSPARKS; 06-06-2011 at 02:46 PM.
RCSPARKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #25
No idea what I'm doing

Oh how short sided of me too. I pay $100 a year to support RCC. In return I am allowed to advertise what I have to sell.

I guess allowing you to do it for free, is a small price to pay for you to protect your pictures. How rude of me.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Sure bro, everyone has a right to their own opinions. By your methodology if anyone has a logo in their video and own a website, then they have to pay? That doesnt even make sense.

I support the site by putting in 1000's of hours for good content. I have no interests in selling items here, or even have things to sell. Because I have a "fan" site, and they wanted me to have stuff available, doesnt mean I cant protect my work in other forums.

If the moderator wanted to pull my videos down, because my logo is in them, so so be it. But they havent. You are the one drawing attention away from an amazing AXIAL RIG.

That what this post is about, not my logo. Ill remove the pictures if it will make you happy, but I think it would take away from the people who really want to see it.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #27
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
How short sighted. I see. So because I am protecting my photography by identifying my work, I am spamming.

Ive already had my work stollen from forums to be used on Ebay, Magazines, Different sites, etc.

As I was one of the first people in the world to shoot photography of the Wraith, and TAKE THE TIME to share it with you - you want to try to say Im spamming? It's my RIGHT to protect my work.

I have been posting and entertaining viewers here for years, and it has never been an issue. By no means do i have to post here, I do it to give good quality content to a great forum.
Similar to how you used a picture of somebody elses winch in your 3 Racing winch video?

You don't need to have your web site in the pictures to mark them as yours. The guys bring up an interesting point.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #28
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Sure bro, everyone has a right to their own opinions. By your methodology if anyone has a logo in their video and own a website, then they have to pay? That doesnt even make sense.
Being the savvy video producer that you are, I'm sure you are part of YouTube's Partner program, correct? Which means you make money based on hits to your videos, correct? You have to admit that you get quite a bit of traffic by linking your videos here. It's not just about your logo and site.

Quote:
I support the site by putting in 1000's of hours for good content.
You support your site by putting in 1,000's of hours.

Quote:
If the moderator wanted to pull my videos down, because my logo is in them, so so be it. But they havent.
You were registered here before as Medic (or maybe DJMedic). I remember you from a few years back. If there was no problem with how you do things, then why were you banned and now registered as RCSparks?

Quote:
That what this post is about, not my logo. Ill remove the pictures if it will make you happy, but I think it would take away from the people who really want to see it.
This post is about Dezfan calling you out, and you posting that it was a dick thing to say. I've seen your videos for quite awhile and never said a word. I have nothing against you making a buck, but you can't deny that you benefit financially from posting links to your videos here on RCC...a site many of us support, and you don't.

And I'm not your bro.

Last edited by C*H*U*D; 06-07-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Wow... guess you got it all figured out!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #30
No idea what I'm doing

I'd like to start by apologizing to Medic for blowing this up. I normally don't stir pots, but this one just got to me. Like I said, I've seen you on here for quite awhile and I've never said a word.

Everyone knows you as the video guy and that's cool, but many people also know that it's your business. A business that profits by traffic directed to your videos. When other members on here (vendors) pay money for this audience, it rubs them the wrong way that you don't.

Sorry again to Medic and everyone else who had to read this. Just a bad day.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #31
20K Club

Quote:
Wow... guess you got it all figured out!
Bottom line is if you are making money from this site you are supposed to have a vendor star.

Last edited by Harley; 06-06-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

I don't like to stir the pot either! Can I put in my 2 cents?
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Millions of people have ads on their videos ? I do not know why I am being targeted here?

Most of the people here have videos that have been montized by youtube. Does this mean that ANY Person that has an AD on their video has to Pay for a vendors license to post here? is that so?

I have been coming here for years, and the fact his is happening today thats a real shame I think. Completely un-cool. And saying I put thousands of hours in for my website alone - What a thing to say. i only launched 3 months ago - and I have been producing vids for YEARS!

Any money I have ever received for the work I do through Youtube, has always gone right back into making Bigger and Better Videos than before for everyone to enjoy. If it wasnt for YOU GUYS.. I wouldnt even do the show! Why would I ?! I didnt make money Directly form this site.

My videos come on to the site, without me even posting them. Others post them here without me knowing! Thats why we all do videos isnt it? To have fun, and show others what kind of fun they could be having?

I posted up the Axial Wraith videos to help get a cool product out for you to see.

I am a part of 25 forums around the world. Some have dedicated section to the films I do, because of the large impact they have had on an AWESOME hobby.

I come here because I like you guys, and find this to be my home for rock crawling and scale fun. C*H*U*D if you really knew how the partner program works - then you would know that for anyone to make money on "views" that they would have to be getting Tens, if not Hundreds of Thousands of views or "impressions"

Factually, RCCrawler does not give me that. I post here to make the folks smile that want to see some good vids. I post in RCCRAWLER.. so folks dont have to go to my site.

If I didnt post here.. then we already know folks go there. its the internet. I would rather post them here.. so folks go to RCCRawler to see the Rock Crawling series

Truly guys, common here.. it seems like its Me, against all of you.. and really - if thats the case. Then no problem. Mod please delete the threads if they are deemed as spam.

I dont want to upset these folks.

Last edited by RCSPARKS; 06-06-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #34
PapaGriz Yo

The matter has been brought up for discussion with the admins. Everyone should consider the issue closed now.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote