RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Videos! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/videos/)
-   -   CRAWLER VIDEO CONTEST (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/videos/350-crawler-video-contest.html)

skyjacker_rc_club 04-20-2004 01:38 PM

CRAWLER VIDEO CONTEST

i think it would be cool if we had a crawler video contest. It seems like Mudcow is the only one out there making quality videos. I think a little freindly competition might step it up. What do you guys think? :D

Edit by Jason: Videos can be found by clicking here!http://s94251975.onlinehome.us/rccrawler/

TwistedCreations 04-20-2004 01:51 PM

Re: CRAWLER VIDEO CONTEST

well if i was ever smart enough to know how to make a video, sounds cool.

but even if i learned how, i doubt my POS computer would do it :roll: :lol:

MudCow 04-20-2004 04:21 PM

Thanks for the compliments skyjacker. :D

It really is easy to create vids and they can be made with the most basic of equipment and software.

Edit out all the crap and distill what you shoot into an action packed little vid. Throw in some good music and you have it!

If we do this we should limit the size of the vid to say 1min and 2.5Mb file size so that they are manageable for dial-up guys.

Personally I prefer watching a nice punchy 1min vid to 5mins of boring rubbish.

Bring it on!!!

TwistedCreations 04-20-2004 04:35 PM

well JK makes it sound easy enough :lol: :lol:

so what are the basics to making a vid then? what programs do i need? if i video tape it with my camcorder ( vhs-c) how do i then get it from there to on my computer? i believe my camcorder has some types of plugs on it,but my computer don't :roll:

so whats the trick :wink:

Grizzly4x4 04-20-2004 04:40 PM

Let's do it, I have a new digi cam and need an excuse to figure out how to work my editing software.

Should there be prizes like at that other site :wink: or should we do it fir bragging rights. It dont matter to me.

Toyotafourwheeln: If your camera is an analog type (which I believe all vhs-c cameras are) you will need to buy a card and software for your computer to adapt. I have seen this at office supply stores but it is a couple hundred bucks. Borrowing a digital camera would be much cheaper. I cannot give advice on editing, as I have not done this yet. JK mentioned using the editing program that came with Windows XP in another post.

skyjacker_rc_club 04-20-2004 07:55 PM

yah i started work on a video today. i found the editing software that comes with windows xp to be pritty easy to work with. cant wait to see what people come up with. :D

skyjacker_rc_club 04-20-2004 07:58 PM

i like the idea of limiting the size of the video so everyone can watch lets put a max limit of say 1.5 min. good call jk :D

TwistedCreations 04-20-2004 08:01 PM

ahh ok, im still running 98 SE...i have a digi cam but it doesn't take video..owell, i'll do my homework on it and see what i can come up with :wink:

Thanks for the info grizzly

AdamF 04-20-2004 09:24 PM

Jeremy, I have a mini-dv camcorder and all the software to make good videos. Just get that crawler of yours finished and we can make some killer videos!

I have made a few videos, but they are crappy because it's difficult to film yourself doing anything technical. Here's the best I can come up with. It was shot using my digicam, not my mini-dv.

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=27424

Fishmaxx 04-20-2004 10:54 PM

Not bad at all :D

skyjacker_rc_club 04-21-2004 11:29 AM

looks pritty good. could of used a little more editing. You are right it is hard to film yourself. i cant what to see your other videos when you get your new camera set up. sound sick. good job. :D

TwistedCreations 04-21-2004 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamF
Jeremy, I have a mini-dv camcorder and all the software to make good videos. Just get that crawler of yours finished and we can make some killer videos!

cool deal adam, i think you just lit the fire under my ass to get it done now. i was beginning to think it was gonna turn out to be like my 1:1 Yota and just sit there and rust :roll: welp im off this computer and back to work now 8)

btw-pretty decent video.looks like someone needs and exo cage though :lol: :lol:

jason 04-21-2004 12:51 PM

I will host all the video's just email them to me at jason@carnagecrew.com

skyjacker_rc_club 04-21-2004 01:23 PM

cool thanks jason :D

jason 04-21-2004 01:29 PM

Videos can be found here!

http://s94251975.onlinehome.us/rccrawler/

When you want to watch them please right click on them and choose the "save target as" option. This will save the video to your harddrive.

skyjacker_rc_club 04-21-2004 01:44 PM

is this linked to the site or is it a completly new page. it would be cool if people could get to the crawler videos from the main page. i feel a website that has videos always draws more atention. And this would be cool because Mudcow is the onlyone with crawler videos on his webpage. IMO. what do you guys think? :D

TwistedCreations 04-21-2004 01:50 PM

yes, i think that would be a great idea to have a link under the RCcrawler navagation menu. that way we could just go straight to that page from there :wink:

Fishmaxx 04-21-2004 04:08 PM

That means band width................and that costs money!

AdamF 04-21-2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyjacker_rc_club
looks pritty good. could of used a little more editing. You are right it is hard to film yourself. i cant what to see your other videos when you get your new camera set up. sound sick. good job. :D

Thanks! Yea, its needs editing. Problem is, the video output on my digicam is some weird format, and only a few programs will edit it. I mainly use Pinacle Studio DV and after I loaded the videos, edited them, and went to encode the video, it game me some error. The only program that will properly encode the video from my digicam is windows media player, which has VERY limited editing capabilities.

Mini-DV rules. I can't wait to get some crawling footage!

AdamF 04-21-2004 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason
Videos can be found here!

http://s94251975.onlinehome.us/rccrawler/

When you want to watch them please right click on them and choose the "save target as" option. This will save the video to your harddrive.

Cool page! I hope you have tons of bandwith to host the vids. I'll send you more as soon as I make them!