Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Vaterra Twin Hammers Jumping video: want to see what a stock one is capable of?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 02:15 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Vaterra Twin Hammers Jumping video: want to see what a stock one is capable of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Great answer. I have an EXO and love it, but I don't want another one. I see this truck as a perfect "in between" truck that bridges the gap between crawlers, and trucks like the EXO. Someone was really paying attention to the wants of the crawling crowd when they came up with this... (I suspect Rubba)

I can't wait to get one of these...I may have to up the crawler budget for next month
Exactly, great in between truck, im getting one,
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 01:10 AM   #22
RCC Addict

My SV3's came today so expect a 3s running vid with stock motor soon

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Default Re: Vaterra Twin Hammers Jumping video: want to see what a stock one is capable of?

holy cow just checked the views on this thing. over 1000 in 2.5 days! that's crazy considering most of my vids have been on youtube for like a year and have a couple hundred views each lol!

here's another nice still from the vid:

Last edited by heinie_21; 02-16-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
RCC Addict

i got to rip one of these around at my local hobby shop today... the guys asked if we wanted to test it out and we said friggin rights.. im impressed handles bumps and corners well.. the torque twist is a little much but its still a very easy rig to drive..

they have a 2 speed trans low/high gears and a double tap reverse.. my LHS was selling them for $400.00 includes rig,DX3E rx/tx, lipo and charger... if i was gonna get another rc this would be it...
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #25
RCC Addict

good info there ax10wannabe. I read recently that you can put the ESC in "crawler mode" which eliminates the double tap reverse setting to immediate reverse with drag brake. It's a pretty good value if you ask me. $400 for EVERYTHING you need to get up and running. Even batteries for your TX haha! I think it might be replacing my EXO.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #26
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
holy cow just checked the views on this thing. over 1000 in 2.5 days! that's crazy considering most of my vids have been on youtube for like a year and have a couple hundred views each lol!

here's another nice still from the vid:
That pic almost looks photoshopped.

BTW, nice video. But damn, you guys sure have white sand in Utah.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #27
RCC Addict

thanks heinie...

another thing i noticed is that the driveline and stuff has been beefed up from the factory.. its a rig that you could pull out of the box charge up the battery and have fun without breaking stuff right away and having to upgrade... i think it will give the exo a run for its money
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #28
RCC Addict

tentative update:
a opportunity to get a MMP+pro4 3300kv used from a friend has come up. if i can get a good price for it... might have to ditch the brushed stuff!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Funny thing, Just using the sign post in your photo and the large building in the background i was able to find where this was video was shot on google maps. Tell your neighbors to clean up their kids toys....
CaptainSafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #30
RCC Addict

i figured some creeper would look up that street sign! lol!! thanks captain safety i'll tell em!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #31
RCC Addict

thought i'd post this video here as well. since it's a thread about stock twin hammers. this video is all stock but running a 3s compatible esc and 3s lipo

this footage came before my pro4 swap. It's with a cc sv3, stock motor, and 3s lipo. it was a fun setup.

Vaterra Twin Hammers Jumping video: want to see what a stock one is capable of? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vaterra twin hammers has ARRIVED CRAWLER-DAD Arizona 29 03-07-2013 12:50 PM
Pham's Vaterra Twin Hammers - SAY NO TO STOCK ELECTRONICS nissan_driver24 Vaterra Twin Hammers 41 02-19-2013 11:06 PM
Vaterra Twin Hammers In Stock RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 4 02-13-2013 02:55 PM
Vaterra Twin Hammers questions??? jthellfire911 Vaterra Twin Hammers 7 02-03-2013 06:10 PM