Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Newbie here Hi ! First Crawler (Losi Night Crawler) First run on rocks video.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #1

Default Newbie here Hi ! First Crawler (Losi Night Crawler) First run on rocks video.

Hey all , I'm just getting into this and have been really enjoying it ! Basically my rig is stock with the exception of a 15t pinion and some skid plates I threw together , modded tire foam and slightly shaved body . I bought my kids a couple RTR 1/18 scales and we go run together. I would like to know how my model seems to behave for what it is . Glad I found this forum today

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hzdqmTMH2EI
Rearwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2016, 12:11 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Newbie here Hi ! First Crawler (Losi Night Crawler) First run on rocks video.

Rig looks good. Where's the location the video was shot?
Maybe you'll be interested in link below...

Scale comp #2 FOREST FALLS CA.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:49 AM   #3

Default Re: Newbie here Hi ! First Crawler (Losi Night Crawler) First run on rocks video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Rig looks good. Where's the location the video was shot?
Maybe you'll be interested in link below...

Scale comp #2 FOREST FALLS CA.
I shot the vid with my boys off Sherman Pass Road in Tulare County . Thank you for the invite and comment I would love to see the real deal rc crawlers
Old 07-04-2016, 05:55 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Do you have any weight in the tires? I run around 2 1/2 oz in front and 1oz in the rear.If not try it out. Makes a huge difference in its climbing abilities. Tape weights "like you would use on a real car rim" work great and should fit in the center channel of the rims. If you already have done this ignore my post. Just my 2cents.
chevy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy4life View Post
Do you have any weight in the tires? I run around 2 1/2 oz in front and 1oz in the rear.If not try it out. Makes a huge difference in its climbing abilities. Tape weights "like you would use on a real car rim" work great and should fit in the center channel of the rims. If you already have done this ignore my post. Just my 2cents.
I have 5 1/2 oz of motorcycle wheel balancing weights stuck on the inside of the front skid/bumper , it helped big time . I pulled the foam in the tires and was going to ad bb's but thought the stock tires side walls were too thin without the foam so I just modded the foam quite a bit . I made all the skid plates out of stainless steel, I suppose this helps lower the cg also . I was worried about having too much weight on the rig that is wouldn't pull vertical climbs as good and would dig in more on loose stuff ?

Newbie here Hi ! First Crawler (Losi Night Crawler) First run on rocks video. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here! Mad Dawg Team Losi Comp Crawler 355 05-14-2023 06:43 PM
My First Rock Crawler Buildup w/ Losi Night Crawler ravencr Team Losi Comp Crawler 281 07-23-2013 02:08 PM
anyone wanna adopt a newbie? night crawler losi Rock Lobster Newbie General 2 01-04-2011 08:14 PM