Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!
Loading

Notices

Thread: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Black Sea
Posts: 14
Default Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

I've been involved with the RC vehicle hobby for 40 years and always preferred 1:10 scale vehicles. However, recently I saw some pictures of an intriguing looking buggy that caught my attention. It turns out that this buggy was a Partner Racing QX-4. I'd never heard of the company but decided to find out more. I searched online and ordered one from China.

It is a 1:18 scale RTR rock crawler that looks similar in design and concept to the 1:10 Axial Wraith Rock Racer. What I didn't appreciate was how much fun a mini crawler could be! This is a proper "hobby grade" RC product that is made from high quality materials.

Here is a video showing the crawler in detail:

https://youtu.be/mxWLp9rN3SI
BlackSeaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 3,140
Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

These are available again?!? They haven't been for quite a while. Where did you order from?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #3
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: US
Posts: 1,497
Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

Just hope your order doesn't turn out to be a "scam". It wouldn't be the first time...and I'm equally sure, if it is a scam, others will probably get 'caught' in its 'web'.


~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 3,140
Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Just hope your order doesn't turn out to be a "scam". It wouldn't be the first time...and I'm equally sure, if it is a scam, others will probably get 'caught' in its 'web'.


~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Considering these have existed for years and he posted a video review of the one he just purchased I think he's safe..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:34 PM   #5
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: US
Posts: 1,497
Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Considering these have existed for years and he posted a video review of the one he just purchased I think he's safe..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Oops...my bad. I didn't think to check who published the video. Only after you mentioning it do I realize the forum & YouTube listing was the same. Sorry about that.


~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 3,140
Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

No biggie. All I know is I wanted one for years, but hesitated when they were available and haven't seen them for sale since. I'm now looking again lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 05:43 AM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Black Sea
Posts: 14
Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
No biggie. All I know is I wanted one for years, but hesitated when they were available and haven't seen them for sale since. I'm now looking again lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I bought my QX-4 recently online. I saw it in some photos and liked the way it looked. I bought via AliExpress from a model shop in China. AliExpress is trustworthy enough to deal with. Delivery took about a month (would probably be less were it not for the general delays in air freight due to quarantine restrictions).

Link here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32823778138.html

As you probably realise, the Partner Racing brand doesn't seem to exist any more. There still seems to be stock around and whilst doing my research I found various different suppliers with stock of the QX-4. However, finding a hobby store locally with stock is highly unlikely unless you are extremely lucky. Therefore buying online is probably your best option. There are also lots of spare parts available online.

I also discovered that this buggy has been rebranded several times. I give some details in the second part of my video which is due to be published soon. I have also tested the buggy over a rocky trail and that will feature in the video as well. Finally, I give a summary of the good/bad points of the QX-4 for those interested in buying one. As I said, you will be able to see the next video very shortly.

To see some photos of my QX-4 buggy in action I invite you to look at my BlackSeaRC page on Facebook, link here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set?v...45471327211149

You may also be interested in another brand new 1:18 scale crawler that I currently have on order. It is the ROC Hobby Katana and I will be posting a review as soon as I get it. I want to see how this product with a very detailed and scale looking Toyota Land Cruiser hard body compares with the QX-4. If you subscribe to my YouTube channel, BlackSeaRC, you will be notified as soon as the video is published. It would be great to see you there!
BlackSeaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:10 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 3,140
Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

Thanks for the link. I knew they've been rebranded, but don't remember the names and haven't seen any of these for a while. Hopefully now I can finally get one.
As far as the katana I already have one on pre-order and can't wait! It's identical to the HobbyPlus CR-18 (I have 3) other than the hard body, new tires, and wheels.
I also have the Atlas 6x6 on order which looks pretty fun

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:08 AM   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Black Sea
Posts: 14
Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Thanks for the link. I knew they've been rebranded, but don't remember the names and haven't seen any of these for a while. Hopefully now I can finally get one.
As far as the katana I already have one on pre-order and can't wait! It's identical to the HobbyPlus CR-18 (I have 3) other than the hard body, new tires, and wheels.
I also have the Atlas 6x6 on order which looks pretty fun

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Alternatives are the Reely Hiker SFX (sold mainly in Europe) and the FS Racing FS-73501 Free Men. In pictures the FS version has Reely branded electrical items. I have seen the FS Racing version for much lower prices than the QX-4 but I'm not convinced it is exactly the same. To me the plastic moulded parts look much more shiny than those used on the QX-4. Perhaps they have been produced using a slightly different perhaps cheaper?) material? Anyway, I went with the Partner Racing version just to be sure of the quality plus I preferred their colour schemes.

Where did you order your Katana from? I also have mine on pre-order. Did yours get shipping yet? Mine didn't ship yet. Silly question perhaps but if you already have 3 of the CR-18's, why do you want a Katana? Is it the hard body?
BlackSeaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave
 
spoo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South FL
Posts: 3,140
Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSeaRC View Post
Alternatives are the Reely Hiker SFX (sold mainly in Europe) and the FS Racing FS-73501 Free Men. In pictures the FS version has Reely branded electrical items. I have seen the FS Racing version for much lower prices than the QX-4 but I'm not convinced it is exactly the same. To me the plastic moulded parts look much more shiny than those used on the QX-4. Perhaps they have been produced using a slightly different perhaps cheaper?) material? Anyway, I went with the Partner Racing version just to be sure of the quality plus I preferred their colour schemes.



Where did you order your Katana from? I also have mine on pre-order. Did yours get shipping yet? Mine didn't ship yet. Silly question perhaps but if you already have 3 of the CR-18's, why do you want a Katana? Is it the hard body?
I ordered from AsiaTees, unfortunately it hasn't shipped yet. And yes pretty much just for the hardbody. Micro crawlers are an odd obsession and I always seem to end up having one or more of all. I'm only missing the Kyosho Mini Z 4X4 and the Element RC Enduro, but I do have the RGT V2 it was based on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:25 AM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Black Sea
Posts: 14
Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
I ordered from AsiaTees, unfortunately it hasn't shipped yet. And yes pretty much just for the hardbody. Micro crawlers are an odd obsession and I always seem to end up having one or more of all. I'm only missing the Kyosho Mini Z 4X4 and the Element RC Enduro, but I do have the RGT V2 it was based on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
My Katana was ordered through Banggood and I am also awaiting shipment. I was very tempted by the Kyosho a few months back but it is quite pricey and I went with the QX-4 instead. I see there are some nice aftermarket bodies available for it now though...
BlackSeaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:18 AM   #12
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Black Sea
Posts: 14
Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

Here is the second part of the video looking at the Partner Racing QX-4.

In this follow-up video you can see how the QX-4 performs over the rocks.

I also discuss the alternative branded versions of this buggy and the availability of parts.

At the end I give a summary of the good/bad points and my overall verdict for those interested in buying this product.

https://youtu.be/gvQ9U3msvJo

If you have any questions, please add a comment to the video or reply below here.

Best wishes from BlackSeaRC!
BlackSeaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1:18, mini crawler, partner racing, qx-4



Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xtreme Racing Rock Reeper Pickup Crawler Body gatecreeper Paint and Body 8 02-28-2011 10:51 AM
W.E.ROCK Events looking for R/C partner clubs for 2010 season Big Rich Competitions 23 06-04-2010 11:38 AM
AFA Racing iROCK 4x4 Rock Crawler 1/8 RTR by Integy Xtant3150c Chit Chat 75 05-10-2009 09:13 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com