Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #1

Default Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

I've been involved with the RC vehicle hobby for 40 years and always preferred 1:10 scale vehicles. However, recently I saw some pictures of an intriguing looking buggy that caught my attention. It turns out that this buggy was a Partner Racing QX-4. I'd never heard of the company but decided to find out more. I searched online and ordered one from China.

It is a 1:18 scale RTR rock crawler that looks similar in design and concept to the 1:10 Axial Wraith Rock Racer. What I didn't appreciate was how much fun a mini crawler could be! This is a proper "hobby grade" RC product that is made from high quality materials.

Here is a video showing the crawler in detail:

https://youtu.be/mxWLp9rN3SI
BlackSeaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler

These are available again?!? They haven't been for quite a while. Where did you order from?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Just hope your order doesn't turn out to be a "scam". It wouldn't be the first time...and I'm equally sure, if it is a scam, others will probably get 'caught' in its 'web'.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Just hope your order doesn't turn out to be a "scam". It wouldn't be the first time...and I'm equally sure, if it is a scam, others will probably get 'caught' in its 'web'.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Considering these have existed for years and he posted a video review of the one he just purchased I think he's safe..

Old 09-07-2020, 01:34 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Considering these have existed for years and he posted a video review of the one he just purchased I think he's safe..

Oops...my bad. I didn't think to check who published the video. Only after you mentioning it do I realize the forum & YouTube listing was the same. Sorry about that.

Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

No biggie. All I know is I wanted one for years, but hesitated when they were available and haven't seen them for sale since. I'm now looking again lol

Old 09-08-2020, 05:43 AM   #7

Quote:
No biggie. All I know is I wanted one for years, but hesitated when they were available and haven't seen them for sale since. I'm now looking again lol

I bought my QX-4 recently online. I saw it in some photos and liked the way it looked. I bought via AliExpress from a model shop in China. AliExpress is trustworthy enough to deal with. Delivery took about a month (would probably be less were it not for the general delays in air freight due to quarantine restrictions).

Link here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32823778138.html

As you probably realise, the Partner Racing brand doesn't seem to exist any more. There still seems to be stock around and whilst doing my research I found various different suppliers with stock of the QX-4. However, finding a hobby store locally with stock is highly unlikely unless you are extremely lucky. Therefore buying online is probably your best option. There are also lots of spare parts available online.

I also discovered that this buggy has been rebranded several times. I give some details in the second part of my video which is due to be published soon. I have also tested the buggy over a rocky trail and that will feature in the video as well. Finally, I give a summary of the good/bad points of the QX-4 for those interested in buying one. As I said, you will be able to see the next video very shortly.

To see some photos of my QX-4 buggy in action I invite you to look at my BlackSeaRC page on Facebook, link here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set?v...45471327211149

You may also be interested in another brand new 1:18 scale crawler that I currently have on order. It is the ROC Hobby Katana and I will be posting a review as soon as I get it. I want to see how this product with a very detailed and scale looking Toyota Land Cruiser hard body compares with the QX-4. If you subscribe to my YouTube channel, BlackSeaRC, you will be notified as soon as the video is published. It would be great to see you there!
Old 09-08-2020, 06:10 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the link. I knew they've been rebranded, but don't remember the names and haven't seen any of these for a while. Hopefully now I can finally get one.
As far as the katana I already have one on pre-order and can't wait! It's identical to the HobbyPlus CR-18 (I have 3) other than the hard body, new tires, and wheels.
I also have the Atlas 6x6 on order which looks pretty fun

Old 09-10-2020, 10:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I knew they've been rebranded, but don't remember the names and haven't seen any of these for a while. Hopefully now I can finally get one.
As far as the katana I already have one on pre-order and can't wait! It's identical to the HobbyPlus CR-18 (I have 3) other than the hard body, new tires, and wheels.
I also have the Atlas 6x6 on order which looks pretty fun

Alternatives are the Reely Hiker SFX (sold mainly in Europe) and the FS Racing FS-73501 Free Men. In pictures the FS version has Reely branded electrical items. I have seen the FS Racing version for much lower prices than the QX-4 but I'm not convinced it is exactly the same. To me the plastic moulded parts look much more shiny than those used on the QX-4. Perhaps they have been produced using a slightly different perhaps cheaper?) material? Anyway, I went with the Partner Racing version just to be sure of the quality plus I preferred their colour schemes.

Where did you order your Katana from? I also have mine on pre-order. Did yours get shipping yet? Mine didn't ship yet. Silly question perhaps but if you already have 3 of the CR-18's, why do you want a Katana? Is it the hard body?
Old 09-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSeaRC View Post
Alternatives are the Reely Hiker SFX (sold mainly in Europe) and the FS Racing FS-73501 Free Men. In pictures the FS version has Reely branded electrical items. I have seen the FS Racing version for much lower prices than the QX-4 but I'm not convinced it is exactly the same. To me the plastic moulded parts look much more shiny than those used on the QX-4. Perhaps they have been produced using a slightly different perhaps cheaper?) material? Anyway, I went with the Partner Racing version just to be sure of the quality plus I preferred their colour schemes.

Where did you order your Katana from? I also have mine on pre-order. Did yours get shipping yet? Mine didn't ship yet. Silly question perhaps but if you already have 3 of the CR-18's, why do you want a Katana? Is it the hard body?
I ordered from AsiaTees, unfortunately it hasn't shipped yet. And yes pretty much just for the hardbody. Micro crawlers are an odd obsession and I always seem to end up having one or more of all. I'm only missing the Kyosho Mini Z 4X4 and the Element RC Enduro, but I do have the RGT V2 it was based on.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:25 AM   #11

Quote:
I ordered from AsiaTees, unfortunately it hasn't shipped yet. And yes pretty much just for the hardbody. Micro crawlers are an odd obsession and I always seem to end up having one or more of all. I'm only missing the Kyosho Mini Z 4X4 and the Element RC Enduro, but I do have the RGT V2 it was based on.

My Katana was ordered through Banggood and I am also awaiting shipment. I was very tempted by the Kyosho a few months back but it is quite pricey and I went with the QX-4 instead. I see there are some nice aftermarket bodies available for it now though...
Old 09-15-2020, 05:18 AM   #12

Here is the second part of the video looking at the Partner Racing QX-4.

In this follow-up video you can see how the QX-4 performs over the rocks.

I also discuss the alternative branded versions of this buggy and the availability of parts.

At the end I give a summary of the good/bad points and my overall verdict for those interested in buying this product.

https://youtu.be/gvQ9U3msvJo

If you have any questions, please add a comment to the video or reply below here.

Best wishes from BlackSeaRC!
Old 10-01-2020, 06:02 AM   #13

I've been testing my QX-4 over some different obstacles to see how it performs. This time I am using a big pile of logs for some crawling and climbing action. Again, this mini crawler demonstrates its versatility!

https://youtu.be/kgktb9aTiUk

Tags
1:18, mini crawler, partner racing, qx-4

Partner Racing QX-4 1:18 Rock Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xtreme Racing Rock Reeper Pickup Crawler Body gatecreeper Paint and Body 8 02-28-2011 10:51 AM
W.E.ROCK Events looking for R/C partner clubs for 2010 season Big Rich Competitions 23 06-04-2010 11:38 AM
AFA Racing iROCK 4x4 Rock Crawler 1/8 RTR by Integy Xtant3150c Chit Chat 75 05-10-2009 09:13 PM