RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Videos! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/videos/)
-   -   The all-new Boomracing BRX02 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/videos/627553-all-new-boomracing-brx02.html)

JoeConti 12-28-2021 05:32 AM

The all-new Boomracing BRX02
 
Check out the all-new leaf-sprung Boomracing BRX02 performing here

There is also a build vlog plus a video explaining the key features.
Enjoy "thumbs-up"

http://www.joecontirc.com/projects/15.jpg

OnTheTrail 12-28-2021 09:15 AM

Re: The all-new Boomracing BRX02
 
Is this set up (i.e. the amount of flex) going to be the way it will be out of the box? If so, big props to Boomracing for getting that right. Most leaf set ups don't appear to have much flex at all unless you mod the quite a bit.

JoeConti 12-28-2021 09:25 AM

Re: The all-new Boomracing BRX02
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheTrail (Post 6102948)
Is this set up (i.e. the amount of flex) going to be the way it will be out of the box? If so, big props to Boomracing for getting that right. Most leaf set ups don't appear to have much flex at all unless you mod the quite a bit.

Also, did they do anything to prevent axle wrap?

It is a prototype, so I made sure to leave everything in stock format. I even went as far as painting it a kind of dull plane colour. I didn't want anyone to expect more than there really is in the box. The suspension is set up with the number of "leafs" as recommended for this build, so there are a few extra ones in the box. I have built a few leaf-sprung builds in my time and most were stiff or too soft to keep up with performance, and therefore broke. This has the same "leafs" that are in the optional BRX01 rear suspension upgrade kit. As for axle wrap, it comes with anti-wrap bars "thumbsup" If you follow this link, you will see a few images there too: http://www.joecontirc.com/rc-social/...19&p=1&sr=WSPS

OnTheTrail 12-28-2021 09:31 AM

Re: The all-new Boomracing BRX02
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeConti (Post 6102951)
It is a prototype, so I made sure to leave everything in stock format. I even went as far as painting it a kind of dull plane colour. I didn't want anyone to expect more than there really is in the box. The suspension is set up with the number of "leafs" as recommended for this build, so there are a few extra ones in the box. I have built a few leaf-sprung builds in my time and most were stiff or too soft to keep up with performance, and therefore broke. This has the same "leafs" that are in the optional BRX01 rear suspension upgrade kit. As for axle wrap, it comes with anti-wrap bars "thumbsup" If you follow this link, you will see a few images there too: http://www.joecontirc.com/rc-social/...19&p=1&sr=WSPS

Thanks Joe! Good info. I actually watched one of your other video and saw the anti-wrap bars on both the front and rear axles. I'm liking what I see. This may be my first leaf spring rig build. Can't wait to hear more about it and see what the release date is.

JoeConti 12-28-2021 09:52 AM

Re: The all-new Boomracing BRX02
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheTrail (Post 6102952)
Thanks Joe! Good info. I actually watched one of your other video and saw the anti-wrap bars on both the front and rear axles. I'm liking what I see. This may be my first leaf spring rig build. Can't wait to hear more about it and see what the release date is.

Thank you. Glad you like it. I have both the 01 and 02 models and the quality is there in plain sight and knowing Jason is behind the support is peace of mind. I heard early next year, so not too far to go hopefully :)

soze 12-28-2021 10:08 AM

Re: The all-new Boomracing BRX02
 
Awesome. Just picked up a BRX01 and Interested to see what this has to offer.

JoeConti 12-28-2021 11:52 AM

Re: The all-new Boomracing BRX02
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 6102955)
Awesome. Just picked up a BRX01 and Interested to see what this has to offer.

It is a fantastic product, just like the 01 .. just designed for a different body, but with slightly more options :)

OnTheTrail 01-08-2022 01:24 PM

Re: The all-new Boomracing BRX02
 
Joe, Is this defender body available from Boom Racing? From the other thread, it looks like the BRX02 will be released as just a chassis only. No body.

I'm confused as one of the video showed the EZ remove body mounts. Maybe the body is sold separately.???

JoeConti 01-08-2022 01:31 PM

Re: The all-new Boomracing BRX02
 
The BRX02 will be a complete kit, chassis AND body! :)
The body is by Team Raffee, not sure if it is available on the Boomracing site though, however, as I said before, the BRX02 chassis will have the D110 body with it!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com