Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Travelling at the Gspeed of light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2022, 12:42 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Travelling at the Gspeed of light

Out with the Gspeed V3 hardbody today. Who says hardbodies can’t sidehill! Ok granted it takes a fair bit of lcg goodies to make it happen, and the ridge line I followed towards the end of the film had my north end puckered while I was looking south. But, a good performing hardbody that can do some technical lines is a lot of fun. And you can look good doing it too! Bottom line I love this truck and as time goes on I’ll work out ways to get it looking more scale (less wires showing) but it will certainly wear every scratch it gets with pride. No shelf queens.

Ps on the subject of light speed. Why can’t Catholics travel at the speed of light?

It’s because they have mass…

https://youtu.be/106tarEc47o
Hanshotfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2022, 01:56 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Travelling at the Gspeed of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanshotfirst View Post
Out with the Gspeed V3 hardbody today. Who says hardbodies can’t sidehill! Ok granted it takes a fair bit of lcg goodies to make it happen, and the ridge line I followed towards the end of the film had my north end puckered while I was looking south. But, a good performing hardbody that can do some technical lines is a lot of fun. And you can look good doing it too! Bottom line I love this truck and as time goes on I’ll work out ways to get it looking more scale (less wires showing) but it will certainly wear every scratch it gets with pride. No shelf queens.

Ps on the subject of light speed. Why can’t Catholics travel at the speed of light?

It’s because they have mass…

https://youtu.be/106tarEc47o

Nice camera work.

That's an impressive rig. I was surprised that it didn't go over @ 3:02. What most impresses me is that suspension... looks so plush and realistic. Lot of body roll as well that kept things looking real. It appears that the low COG and soft suspension assisted in stability despite the body movement. Not sure how heavy it is, but it looked so well planted. Man, that's a good looking rig ( love the color btw) and a top-shelf performer.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 03:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Travelling at the Gspeed of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Nice camera work.

That's an impressive rig. I was surprised that it didn't go over @ 3:02. What most impresses me is that suspension... looks so plush and realistic. Lot of body roll as well that kept things looking real. It appears that the low COG and soft suspension assisted in stability despite the body movement. Not sure how heavy it is, but it looked so well planted. Man, that's a good looking rig ( love the color btw) and a top-shelf performer.
Thanks man! The suspension isn’t anything too fancy. The shocks are axial 100mm units from an ar45 straight axle kit, I did the pen spring thing to them and lubed the o-rings with green slime and just a few drops of shock oil. I’m not sure what it weighs but the chassis is the the mild steel variety so it does have some good weight to it. I like a heavier crawler I guess, like you said gives it some realistic body roll.
Thanks again for watching and commenting High Plains Drifter.
Hanshotfirst is offline   Reply With Quote

Travelling at the Gspeed of light - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thinking of travelling from far away? DISCOUNT! rbgerrish Past RCCA qualifiers 3 07-11-2011 09:21 PM
How do you pack your trucks for travelling? Sasquatchbagger Chit Chat 18 05-17-2008 10:44 PM