Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: ROXSHOCKS The Next Generation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

OPEN YOUR EYES,look at the other vid my kid made the first one, dude they flex, they climb did you not see it climb some killer lines, most rigs would have rolled of off the side hills we were making.The fact is trying to give you a what's up , but all you say is negative ha ha .you don't say cool no more oil leaks, or no more bent shafts adj. ride hights, and different latex for different draw rates depending on rig weight.YA it's all in the package just sharing it with some great crawlers!!!!!!!!
twisted 420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2007, 07:57 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted 420 View Post
dude they flex,
I am not seeing it. Maybe if you add more weight to your wheels but then you are going to have snap back because you have no dampening.

Great innovation, bad execution.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

How much are they going to run? Are there others out there testing them or is this a home project? I'd like to see a pair ran by Rizzo or Diesel. Get a good driver to review your product. Didn't even give a shout out to Queen for using their song.
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijosh View Post
How much are they going to run? Are there others out there testing them or is this a home project? I'd like to see a pair ran by Rizzo or Diesel. Get a good driver to review your product. Didn't even give a shout out to Queen for using their song.
He has a good driver testin them, Del Monte. He will be runnin them in Moab and he took 1st out of 32 at SoCal's first comp this year. They may not be for eveyone but they work.
raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

another thing about these is they are going to act different with temperature change.....example: it's 100* in the sun, your rig is on the ground waiting in line, the sun is beating the crap out of the whole rig and at the same time softening your ROXSHOCKS thus changing the tension rate...

then for guys that are in colder climates your ROXSHOCKS will basically freeze up and not work at all.

has this been proven/tested?

I love the innovation/design but the point of a shock is to force the tire down not pull it up forcing pressure on the opposite side of the vehicle. Shocks have been used in RC for 20+ years because they work, not due to lack of innovation. Yes crawling gets away with a lot more uncoventional parts/ideas but some things are better left unchanged. Torsion has already faded out and they're back to shocks again...
sicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicj View Post

I love the innovation/design but the point of a shock is to force the tire down not pull it up forcing pressure on the opposite side of the vehicle.
The purpose of a shock is to provide dampening. The springs, whether inside or out, provide the force to push the shock in or out.

As far as not pulling up, droop setups have been used with great success.

I think you need to do a little more research on this page.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
another thing about these is they are going to act different with temperature change.....example: it's 100* in the sun, your rig is on the ground waiting in line, the sun is beating the crap out of the whole rig and at the same time softening your ROXSHOCKS thus changing the tension rate...

then for guys that are in colder climates your ROXSHOCKS will basically freeze up and not work at all.
i haven't seen these shocks in person yet, and the video doesn't clearly show what they are capable of to me. but in all fairness, shock oil is affected by extreme temperatures as well. i believe he mentioned having different hardness/durometer inserts.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo View Post
The purpose of a shock is to provide dampening. The springs, whether inside or out, provide the force to push the shock in or out.

As far as not pulling up, droop setups have been used with great success.

I think you need to do a little more research on this page.
sigh, you know what my point was. No one (almost no one) runs SHOCKS without some sort of spring on or in them. I know all about droop setups. I've run my first tuber for several years with a half droop setup and I think it works very damn well.

yes these "shocks" (actually tension straps, right Rizzo? they don't dampen) will work for rigs that are seup like crap. A lot of rigs that have bad geometry and too much articulation actually run better with less artic. So for a lot of rigs that aren't setup these "tension straps" will make them perform better no doubt.
Not any part due to the design of this shock just due to the fact that the artic has been limited which could have been done with their current shocked setup.

I'm asking questions, giving my opinions, and as always the challenger gets a challenge-e.

gregrocks90046
I'm talking about the "tension straps" actually becoming softer or harder and providing less or more articulation.
sicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

twisted420, do you mind if i make my own roxshocks, I'm not gonna mass produce them, I'm just gonna make them for my own personal use, i just wanted to ask you before i got accused of stealing the idea, so if i could make my own, id appreciate it
scalerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
gregrocks90046
I'm talking about the "tension straps" actually becoming softer or harder and providing less or more articulation.
just like shock oil is affected. that's all i am talking about. i understand your point.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijosh View Post
I'd like to see a pair ran by Rizzo or Diesel. Get a good driver to review your product. Didn't even give a shout out to Queen for using their song.

Yeah, cuz theres no good drivers in So Cal.... dude, shutup...
Oh and btw, Freddy's dead, so a shout out is not needed...
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAWLR4life View Post
Oh and btw, Freddy's dead, so a shout out is not needed...
We will remember that when you pass.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo View Post
We will remember that when you pass.
Why wait until I pass, give a brotha a shout out now, while he's alive!
John
Old 09-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #34
Y-Town Crawlers

here's my build thread with the ROXSHOCKS
Del Monte's '07 Falcon

I actually think the newest version is a little stiff, but they still have plenty of flex for a comp rig. Tom has some softer rubber for me to try, and that should free it up a bit more.
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Wow... This got ugly.

Dont get offended, a lot of us just dont see that theyre accomplishing anything regular shocks wouldnt. Im not knocking you or your product, im not even being negative (take note moderators), im just not seeing it...

Im done with this thread now, as im already on this ice around here. :(
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
Wow... This got ugly.

Dont get offended, a lot of us just dont see that theyre accomplishing anything regular shocks wouldnt. Im not knocking you or your product, im not even being negative (take note moderators), im just not seeing it...

Im done with this thread now, as im already on this ice around here. :(

It is what it is... SOMETHING NEW...