RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Videos! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/videos/)
-   -   Breaking Point crawl video (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/videos/9324-breaking-point-crawl-video.html)

jakhammer 05-08-2005 03:18 AM

Breaking Point crawl video

This is the first time out on the modded TSC-10 TLT chassis. It handled pretty well, but the new WB took some getting used to. The video is called breaking point becuase both trucks broke. Buster took out both front shock ends and I tweaked a chassis plate where I cut it down for the laydown pede trans. I did not use Kid Rock for music this time...
Breaking Point

Chris

sean_lv_crawler 05-08-2005 11:55 AM

ohh many im dizzy. bad cameraman.

sweet place to crawl, kinda weird also. Who leaves steps there.

Nice crawling, sweet trucks. Handles a lot better eh?

rockraper 05-08-2005 01:35 PM

HATEBREED is a lot better than stupid ass red neck kid rock :twisted:

jakhammer 05-08-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_lv_crawler
ohh many im dizzy. bad cameraman.

sweet place to crawl, kinda weird also. Who leaves steps there.

Nice crawling, sweet trucks. Handles a lot better eh?

Thsi area was originally used as an obsticle course of 1:1 trucks and jeeps. Thats why there are steps. kind of an articulation measuring tool. im not sure about the horizontal steps. Buster has hauled in all the rocks you see (by hand) to fill in holes and make obsticles etc. Its a fun place. I have pics if anyone is interested to see what the place looks like.

Truck climbs well, but my battery mounting was less than desirable. Once I get that fixed, it will be much better.

Chris

Trike Kid 05-08-2005 08:10 PM

yes but at least kid rock sings instead of screaming into a microphone.

Texrok 05-08-2005 09:18 PM

That is some really ANGRY music.

jakhammer 05-08-2005 10:32 PM

Im starting to think my videos suck. Nobody really says much about the video itself, just the music used in the video. thats it, next video gets no music what so ever. it will be a silent, black and white and thats it.

Chris

mike 05-08-2005 10:57 PM

its because we want to see a truck go through that tank trap :mrgreen:

jakhammer 05-08-2005 11:31 PM

if you mean the frame twister and an R/C truck, this video is for you:
Rock-Rete Video

Chris

mike 05-09-2005 11:05 AM

no a 1:1 truck.

jakhammer 05-09-2005 12:50 PM

sorry, I dont have any video of that. it has been 2-3 years since a 1:1 has went through it.

Chris

creampuff 05-09-2005 02:57 PM

we should get together and make a tank trap out by frog hill or tarzan hill, and we'll have to be sure and use lots of water. :grin:

creampuff 05-09-2005 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creampuff

we should get together and make a tank trap out by frog hill or tarzan hill, and we'll have to be sure and use lots of water. :grin:

oops, i was directing this toward Mike. :lol:

Mnster 05-09-2005 06:57 PM

Yeah most people don't like your videos. Mostly because they are the same everytime. Same stairs I spent time looking at last time and the time before. And yes then the music.

jakhammer 05-10-2005 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mnster
Yeah most people don't like your videos. Mostly because they are the same everytime. Same stairs I spent time looking at last time and the time before. And yes then the music.

atleast your honest. I can live with that.

Problem being is that MI really sux for crawlers. And Music, well, everyone has different tastes. Maybe I could use some classical music in my next video, and yes, it would be the same stairs, the same logs, the same concrete, the same rocks, the same area. Maybe I will spend more time driving and having fun than taping.

We just need more people posting videos so that I dont have to. that would be nice. I can only watch a comp video so many times before its old.

Chris
ps, everyone get out the video cameras and make some videos for us to enjoy.

Buster 05-10-2005 05:59 AM

if you want to see 1:1 on that course.. click this link

Busters Mudfest

this is all at my place and there IS a tank trap! It stopped the monster truck!

jakhammer 05-10-2005 06:26 AM

yeah, that is where we crawl, only there inst any water in it right now. That might change soon though... muhahahaha

Chris

Trike Kid 05-10-2005 05:02 PM

that orange sami is sweet

Tjbell88 05-14-2005 06:36 PM

i think that its a pretty good video :) do you have any pics of the whole layout?

jakhammer 05-15-2005 05:11 AM

sure do. let me dig around and get them web ready. will post them right here.

Chris

jakhammer 05-15-2005 05:23 AM

here is our little play land we crawl in (remember, this is michigan, not colorado):

http://www.phatrc.com/meets/busters5...usterspark.jpg

http://www.phatrc.com/meets/busters5...sterspark1.jpg

http://www.phatrc.com/meets/busters5...sterspark2.jpg

thats all the pics I have for now.

Chris

Herzog-racing 05-15-2005 05:18 PM

how did all that get there

jakhammer 05-16-2005 05:31 AM

buster had it hauled in. the rocks buster hauled in from other parts of his property. its pretty fun to play on.

Chris

Buster 05-17-2005 02:18 PM

I had it hauled in so I could watch people break their junk on it. :mrgreen:

Plays_with_Toys 05-29-2005 03:23 PM

Chris, if no 1:1's go through there anymore I would start rearranging the place. Keep the stairs, but I say throw some rocks on it. Put rocks leading up to it. Make a killer course, maybe even set up some gates (just get those wire marking flags from home depot).

Also, from a filming standpoint, get closer to the truck, you get a better view of the action. Maybe no stairs in the next one :lol: ;-)

I don't get a whole lot of comments on my videos either, even with the time I put into editing them... who knows? Sorry to hear about the chassis, hopefully its not tweaked too bad? I think if I make anymore, I'll make them thicker, or choose a different metal place, since the 6061 does seem more flexy than other 6061 I've used.

jakhammer 05-29-2005 09:47 PM

1:1 played on it some last weekend. I would have to talk it over with buster on what happenes to the place.

No worries about the chassis. It is still fully functional and I am re learning how to drive it with the new WB (which I dont think I like at all, its a bitch to drive now). I moved my shocks and the articulation went up and I love the new found flex, but it has caused a new problem, massvie chassis lean under forward motion.

Chris

Madkoifish 06-01-2005 04:46 AM

Only complaint is how are you getting that fugly divx logo?? Are you somehow screen capping off the stream of a player?? or is this popping up in the editor?? Either way go in the divx config and turn the stupid logo off. And google a codec called huffy Encode with that while your messing around then do your final conversion to the wmvs Youll loose less details and wond have to deal with a codec that installs mallware on your pc, unless you paied the 40$ whatever they want for divx5. Note huffy makes huge files but at the length of these it shouldnt be a issue unles you have a 10gig hdd.
Either way more viddies more entertainment for us stuck in the summer with it pouring outside.

jakhammer 06-01-2005 01:33 PM

poor image quilty is coming from my camera. The card I had to transfer video camera to pc burnt up so I have been using my digital camera to take the videos. Lets just say videos must have been last on the list for this camera. Also, when doing my final WMV, movie maker wants to make it a 640x480, but the video is all 320x240 so I have to keep scaling back the kbps till it comes back to 320x240 and that kills the quality even more.

the divix logos keep popping up because when I download the video from the camera, its completely screwed if I try to use it in movie maker. it dont read the time right and makes a 4 minute video read 23 seconds, then when i try to edit it, it goes goofy. so my work around it to convert the mpg to super large divx then edit the divx files and final comes out as a wmv. so every clip gets a divx logo. I will turn it off next time

and i have the $40 version, but my cost was not $40.

Chris
ps, I dont have any more videos planned for right now. summer is getting busy and crawling time is getting less and less. Im starting to shift into 1:1 motorsports for the summer.

Herzog-racing 06-01-2005 01:49 PM

should make a video here in mid michigan with us.

jakhammer 06-02-2005 06:04 AM

If I make it down that way I will shoot some videos. It like my side hobby to make r/c videos. i have been doing it since I got my tmaxx. I also do 1:1 videos, but nothing to much since I dont get to take video when Im hauling arse.

Chris

Madkoifish 06-05-2005 02:02 AM

yeah freebe ver of divx will allow no logo encodes too. Movie maker?? is this a pc or mac?
If its pc look for a app called vdub or vdubmod It will allow you to do the other rez. usualy some codecs force certian aspecs. others are buttheads but often its the client app thats causing issues due to profiles or some other fluff. Give huffy a look its free and lossless. Issue and drawback is filesize. Its much smaller than raw avi but prolly better then divx encoder for transfert or transcode.
www.dvdrhelp.com should point you to where you can DL vdub or vdubmod.