Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Show your interest @ indoor comp at Hobbytown VB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
varcor.org

Default Show your interest @ indoor comp at Hobbytown VB

Check out this post on VARCOR about the Hobbytown in VB hosting an indoor competition in the near future -- check here!!!
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2008, 05:20 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I would make the trip for it
Chargerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:37 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

thats sick, my dads got a conda at va beach and i go to that hobby town more than the one in richmond. i only have to ride my bike like 10 miles.
bigblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

little further for me but yep
lukebuffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Looks like a good time. I'd make it if I'm free that weekend...
Cosmo-Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #6

Default definately

definately, im in the shop all the time, so if you put a flyer up ill be there
spiff2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I'm there, hopes it's as much fun as the one in Richmond was.:smile:
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I'm game.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I might be game for that if someone can drop that htu a line saying weekend after next! also, any idea of what time it'll start once we get a date on the calendar set? I'm hoping for a scheduel similar to the HTU comp. looks like I get to put in a rush order for a rear boomerang link mount and a front servo/link mount at TCS. and some axle plates. and a 7 cell axle pack with extra long wire. and some shocks that leak slightly less than the axial units. oh how this segment of the hobby can add up so quickly...
EDIT: if we get a bigger turnout and perhaps a slightly different course (less climbs up wood bridges, mainly) it'll be easily more fun than the richmond comp was. add to that list not limiting round #3 to just the top 5 drivers

Last edited by Slyp Dawg; 02-19-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Slyp Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyp Dawg View Post
EDIT: if we get a bigger turnout and perhaps a slightly different course (less climbs up wood bridges, mainly) it'll be easily more fun than the richmond comp was. add to that list not limiting round #3 to just the top 5 drivers
What's wrong with the bridge climbs, they weren't hard? We wanted to run everyone on the 3rd course, but time would not allow it. We may continue to do this or only run the top half on the final course, depends on turnout and time.

I have no idea how this HobbyTown will be setting up a course. Not sure if similar materials will be used or not. I think swell searcher will have to be the point man for the VB HT, or someone else over that way at least. I'm sure that it will be just as fun as the Richmond comp.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Slyp Dawg wrote.... if we get a bigger turnout and perhaps a slightly different course (less climbs up wood bridges, mainly) it'll be easily more fun than the richmond comp was. add to that list not limiting round #3 to just the top 5 drivers[/quote]

If I remember correct, this was a comp not a joy ride. It's going to be hard and not easy. If the course is hard it will make you work harder on getting your truck to perform. If you want easy then this might not be the sport for you. Sorry to be so harse but I think you are out of line here. If its easy then whats the use. We also ran out of time and the store was closing at 6 that it why we limited the last run. This has already been address for the next time.

Last edited by Scooteracing; 02-19-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

when I said less of the wood bridge climb things, I was more speaking out of what would make it easier for the more stock-ish rigs like mine to negotiate the course. it would make it less of a challenge for the full on comp rigs like scooter's rock bug, tho. if I can make it to the VB comp I'll have a better prepped rig. but I still stand by my point about a larger turnout. as they say, the more the merrier! more people = more enjoyment for all, and more time between rounds to work on the rigs if needbe. like, say, replace a servo that ate the gears (don't ask me how I know lets just say the servo saver decided to play hookie that day)
Slyp Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I run Geo's on 2 rigs and had no problem with the bridges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyp Dawg View Post
when I said less of the wood bridge climb things, I was more speaking out of what would make it easier for the more stock-ish rigs like mine to negotiate the course. it would make it less of a challenge for the full on comp rigs like scooter's rock bug, tho. if I can make it to the VB comp I'll have a better prepped rig. but I still stand by my point about a larger turnout. as they say, the more the merrier! more people = more enjoyment for all, and more time between rounds to work on the rigs if needbe. like, say, replace a servo that ate the gears (don't ask me how I know lets just say the servo saver decided to play hookie that day)
Old 02-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

I thought that course was great! My rig wouldn't hook up going up the first man-made obstacle....so I've had to modify the rig! I hope it does better next time!
Riffister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

i would be there. it would be fun to see how my wk does with lockers and some 2.2 tires that im getting from vb ht this weekend.
bigblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

depending on the date, and if I can finish my build by then, I'll make the trip for my first comp...
smcurry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #17
varcor.org

I was in there talking to one of the guys, they are still working on the details. As soon as I get more details, I will post them.
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #18
I joined the Band!

I am in Newport News and I will be there schedule permiting. I don't have a crawler yet. I plan on starting soon once I finish buying a house and I get my budget back on track. I look forward to meeting all of you.
Power_Wagon08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Im Down! Mine Is Really Not Comp Ready... But I Think It Would Be Fun To Do Anyways! Jus To Get Out And Meet Everyone In Our Area. I Have A Clod Super And So Does My Friend. Im Sure Hed Be Down Too! Only 1 Concern... Is There Any Way To Make A Comp On A Sunday??? Always Seem To Be On Saturdays And Those That Work 6 Days A Week To Be Able To Afford Our Hobbies End Up Getin The Short Stick And Not Really Able To Fully Enjoy The Hobby! Catch 22
4ONDFLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ONDFLR View Post
Im Down! Mine Is Really Not Comp Ready... But I Think It Would Be Fun To Do Anyways! Jus To Get Out And Meet Everyone In Our Area. I Have A Clod Super And So Does My Friend. Im Sure Hed Be Down Too! Only 1 Concern... Is There Any Way To Make A Comp On A Sunday??? Always Seem To Be On Saturdays And Those That Work 6 Days A Week To Be Able To Afford Our Hobbies End Up Getin The Short Stick And Not Really Able To Fully Enjoy The Hobby! Catch 22

Check out our schedule we have some comps on Sunday. Also just last weekend on Sunday there were 5-6 guys that meet for a GTG at Forest hill in Richmond. Look for guys posting GTG on the Virginia thread. They pop up only days before the weekend. If you and some buddies want to come to Richmond on a particular Sunday let us know and we will meet you. Thanks