Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Hobby Town Lakeridge Indoor Crawling Course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

sweet. I'm going to try my hardest to remember next Wednesday.
salteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2009, 04:41 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Man, I do look forward to this upcoming Wednesday night. I mean, Orlando is my home but Floriduh is sooooo flat. So, I have been gathering rocks for the backyard to make my own course. Julie, my wife, thinks it is a great idea, less for her to mowe when I am out of town.

Anyway, will be there Wednesday.

Carl
quickster47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #63

very nice course, i drove down from rockville md, about 50 minutes, to come check it out. one of the inclines was a little steep for my rig but course was still really fun and challenging. Staff really knows what they're talking about when it comes to crawlers which is rare.
MDcrawler710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDcrawler710 View Post
very nice course, i drove down from rockville md, about 50 minutes, to come check it out. one of the inclines was a little steep for my rig but course was still really fun and challenging. Staff really knows what they're talking about when it comes to crawlers which is rare.
MDcrawler -Glad you could swing on by and check out the place. Next time you are in the area be sure to stop on in. Jack and Daniel added a few extras to the course this afternoon. Looks really good. I am going to see what the new challenge brings to the AX10 tomorrow... Bring it!
CrwlrPrtTym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
Man, I do look forward to this upcoming Wednesday night. I mean, Orlando is my home but Floriduh is sooooo flat. So, I have been gathering rocks for the backyard to make my own course. Julie, my wife, thinks it is a great idea, less for her to mowe when I am out of town.

Anyway, will be there Wednesday.

Carl
Carl, I'm sure your wife appreciates your "new" rock collection... I know it is somewhat of a haul from where you are but, I am down there as my wife pointed out this afternoon (everyday) and she's right. I now budget about one hour a day to get the fix. If you know what I mean?? See you on the rocks soon.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:07 PM   #66

Default Sunday crawling

anyone up for some Sunday crawling....a couple people so far are going to show up around noon or so
ON THE ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:19 AM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Everything is unpacked from my flight back and I will not be busy after church so I think I will drop down for a crawl or two.

Carl
Old 02-01-2009, 07:33 AM   #68

Looks like there may be a few folks down there today.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #69

Talking

Hi all - been busy with finals this week and more next week. Just a note. This past Sunday was awesome! We had about 6 people down playing on the rocks. Very impressive Berg I might add. It looks like a little more tweaking and we will soon be getting into the competition factor X10. Staye tuned for more information to follow. I hope to swing by tomorrow after work for a few.
C-Ya
Old 02-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

I might stop by tonight.
onefstsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #71

Hey Saltten - I'm sorry I missed you and your little bro Wednesday. I heard the mini crawler did pretty good. Tell the family we say hey. We will have to meet up at another time. I would like to see the mini in action. Gil did a nice job on his X10. He was at the shop this evening jammin around the rocks and I think he is going to be there tomorrow as well.
C-Ya
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 AM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrwlrPrtTym View Post
Hey Saltten - I'm sorry I missed you and your little bro Wednesday. I heard the mini crawler did pretty good. Tell the family we say hey. We will have to meet up at another time. I would like to see the mini in action. Gil did a nice job on his X10. He was at the shop this evening jammin around the rocks and I think he is going to be there tomorrow as well.
C-Ya
Who's this? [sorry, don't know everyone by their screen names yet]

The mini did do pretty good...it out crawls my scaler but I had to step up my game after seeing some beastly 2.2s in action so I traded the MRC for an upgraded AX-10.

Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to make it out there tomorrow night, I'm supposed to be hitting up a happy hour with some friends from work. If that falls through, Daniel and I will be there for sure.

My new truck:

Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #73

anyone up from wednesday crawling????
Old 02-11-2009, 03:07 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

I'm doing my best to be there Wednesday night but darned work is trying to interfere. Hopefully good will prevail and crawling will be triumphant.

Carl
Old 02-11-2009, 05:42 AM   #75
Pebble Pounder

There's a slim chance that I'll make it tonight but if my current plans fall through, I'll be there to try out my new ax10.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #76
Rock Stacker

I'll be there tonight for sure....I went last night to test out my new setup (flat irons with trimmed memory foams and losi shocks) but the course was closed for maintenance! Talk about a deflation....haha, but I will definetely be out there tonight. I'm gonna have to pick up a new body too, because that B-17 body got shredded while I was trying to learn how to wiggle my way off my side....let's just say it wasnt pretty... I'm with salteen, I don't know anyone by their screen names, aside from salteen of course. We should start like a running list of names associated with screen names or something along those lines.

Last edited by JarheadRCGuy; 02-11-2009 at 09:33 AM. Reason: i'm an idiot....
JarheadRCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarheadRCGuy View Post
I'll be there tonight for sure....I went last night to test out my new setup (flat irons with trimmed memory foams and losi shocks) but the course was closed for maintenance! Talk about a deflation....haha, but I will definetely be out there tonight. I'm gonna have to pick up a new body too, because that B-17 body got shredded while I was trying to learn how to wiggle my way off my side....let's just say it wasnt pretty... I'm with salteen, I don't know anyone by their screen names, aside from salteen of course. We should start like a running list of names associated with screen names or something along those lines.
Hay man, the X10 looked good yesterday. See the difference in the tires, night and day. I will be on site tomorrow at noon. C-ya
Old 02-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #78

Default video

Here is a video of tonight crawling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXUZiL2fAuU
DanielJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #79

video looks awesome....great work Daniel

thanks again Jack and the hobbytown crew for a great Sunday evening of crawling

see you guys on Wednesday night
Old 02-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

vid rocked daniel

had a blast tonight, can't wait to do it again.