Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: new to crawlin in Richmond area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default new to crawlin in Richmond area

hey i just got into rock i live in the richmond va area. ive played on a few rocks around my house but im looking for some were to go and some peopel to go with in the richmond area. so please let me know if ne one can tell me of some places to go or would like to go crawl some time soon
gosox1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Swell Searcher(Randy) and 04'Rubicon (Mark) are from up around that area. Great guys to crawl with. I was up there on the 26th for a GTG and we went to Belle's Island at 22nd street off of Belvidere, awsome crawling there. It was a bit of a drive but it was well worth it. They are actually at the Nats right now, might want to try to get ahold of them after the weekend.
Mudinyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #3

swell search is actually from virginia beach but no biggy . go VARCOR, http://varcoffroaders.com/ there is a thread devoted to places to crawl in virginia. look around on that site
CS_BENOIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

you can also get with dave pack at hobbytown up there. he is a crawlin maniac too.
daddyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

im in richmond and i crawl quite a bit at the richmond hot spots.

pm me sumtime!
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the hobby. The Richmond area keeps growing with crawlers. There are quite a few of us now that go out from time to time to free crawl and the 2009 season will be starting in a couple months.
Like said above, check http://www.varcoffroaders.com/forum for more information. Keep an eye out there to see when and where people are crawling and when the events will be. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, PM me here or on VARCOR.

So tell us a little about your crawler. What are you running?

Looking forward to meeting and crawling with you some time.

Mark
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

yeah, what'cha runnin. we want to know if your capable of taking mark (04 rubicon) down this season. don't beat yourself up if you can't. we've all been gunnin for him. lol, mark. you too randy... anyway i'm dave. on the varcor site i go by davey (thought dave was probably taken already). if you have any questions just pm me too and then i'll pm jason (crawldaddy) and mark and get right back to you with an answer. actually dave pack and i are going somewhere this weekend if anyone is interested. i think i've found another spot, i'm just trying to figure out how to gain access to it as it looks like an island. there are trees and buildings blocking my view and it is 14 stories down and a good distance from where i work, but i'll scope it out before this weekend. if not we have quite a few other very reliable spots to crawl. if you guys want to see something cool then check out the new scale truggy project on vacor.
puryear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

hey sorry i lost my pass word i have a scorpion with futaba electronics and hitec servo im getting ready to do some upgrades on it any suggestions as wat to do first?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

i'm no expert, that's for sure, so anyone who disagrees, don't hesitate to correct me. from what i've learned the two most important things are traction, in which case i would suggest throwing away your rock lizard tires and upgrade to some losi claws or the new losi rock carvers. the second is lowering your center of gravity. some ways to do so would be to mount split battery packs on your axles, weight down your wheels and/or swap your chassis for an after market one that lowers the truck, to name a few. the list goes on, but these mods are the ones that i feel you'll see the best results from. installing a dig unit will improve your performance as well, but i would do the other mods first. i guess simply put, other than the dig, your ultimate goal should be to get your weight as low as possible and towards the front of the rig. there is actually an article in the tech section of this site that shows how to do some of these mods for a little of nothing. hey by the way, i see you live just in goochland. i live in hanover. you should get with us and do some crawling.
puryear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

i got the artr so i have the proline hammers. i Have put some stick on weights in my wheels. and i moves my battery down of the stock plate and taking that plate off alll together. Yeah u dont live to far let me know ill hook up and crawl with you