Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: 2009 VARCOR Point Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #21
varcor.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by '04 Rubicon View Post
I will be asking for your assistance with getting the scale stuff set up, etc. We will be talking.
he has no choice... lol...
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

thanks, just let me know.
puryear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

As for the scale stuff I would like to head this up with a couple other guys. Since you and Randy are so involved with the comp side this would help you out. I feel you two have kinda left other people out of this whole thing (scalers). I know plenty others will be happy to help with the scalers. Let all work together!
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:44 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooteracing View Post
As for the scale stuff I would like to head this up with a couple other guys. Since you and Randy are so involved with the comp side this would help you out. I feel you two have kinda left other people out of this whole thing (scalers). I know plenty others will be happy to help with the scalers. Let all work together!
Ok Joe. We're good friends, so don't get too upset at me. But I take some offense with your statement. I've done my best to try and do everything that this club has wanted to do, for both comps and scalers. I've been to every single event, showing up early might I add, to set up courses and make sure everything is ready for a smooth event. Randy and I have tried to make sure that everyone that wanted run scale, could (when we had enough trucks and time), and for those that wanted to help with anything, did. And those guys that have stepped up to help us, we appreciate it. But to say that we left peope out of anything, including scalers, is crazy. You didn't even participate in the comps last season, so how can you make that comment, you weren't there.

I've been trying to recruit folks to assist with the scale stuff as I am aware that me and Randy are comp heavy guys. Davey has stepped up as well as a couple other guys to help in that area. And if you also want to assist those guys, I appreciate that. If you plan to make it to most of the events this season, then please help. But there are no offiicial head of anything in VARCOR. We already all help each other and will continue to work together.

If I am wrong in any of my comments, and others feel there are things we can address, please post up so that I know what is wrong, and we can correct it.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

You shouldn't take offense to my statement. I was stating that you work hard on the comp side so let others do the scaler side. No, I will not be at all 2.2 comps, its not my thing, but I will make every attempt to be at the 2.2/1.9 scaler comp/events and help run them to take the pressure off of you while the 2.2 comps are going on. I know you get there early and set up. Varcor would not have a comp series without all your efforts. I was not discarding your efforts.

Last edited by Scooteracing; 10-24-2008 at 06:58 AM.
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:12 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Thanks Joe. I hope you are able to make it out to more events this season, and I know that you will help out any way that you can. I think that you, Dave, and the others that have stated they will help will be able to take care of the scale stuff with no problems. Give me a call sometime and we can discuss it all.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #27
varcor.org

In the beginning, it was a time issue. By the time we were done with the comp courses, it was getting late and most people headed home. But now, how Mark and I have been running the comp events (groups on different courses), time shouldn't be a huge factor as long as the others who said that would help out setting up the other courses - we should be able to do both. I know there was talk about running scalers on a different weekends, and that's still a possibility, but don't forget the guys who drive a few hours who would like to compete in both classes. Right now with the amount of drivers VARCOR has, we should be able to easily run two classes before the sun goes down.
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

i don't know.
i agree with you guys on doing everything together, for the reason randy just stated, as well as what we had all discussed a while back about people getting burnt out and also the concern with people losing interest from competing every other weekend. the issue of some people driving longer distances to the comps is also an important factor to consider. i only suggested it, because i thought we were going to try to run a 1.9 comp class this year.
puryear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #29

Can't make the run this weekend but can't wait for the jan 17 fredericksburg run.
Smewhtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #30

Is the 17th run at fredericksburg still on?
Smewhtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smewhtguy View Post
Is the 17th run at fredericksburg still on?
Yes it is

http://www.varcoffroaders.com/forum/...php?f=14&t=435
http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152666
Chargerguy is offline   Reply With Quote