Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Upcoming HobbyTown Richmond Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #1

Default Upcoming HobbyTown Richmond Events

Go to this website to check out upcoming Rock Crawling events. We look forward to seeing You!
http://www.hobbytown.com/varic/
HobbyTownUSARic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Top Truck Challenge
October 25, 2008
10:00am-11:00am Registration
$10 Entry Fee
Show and Shine, Obstacle Course Race, Drag Race, Tug-O-War, and
Rock Crawl
Prizes and Giveaways
Electric Trucks Only
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like fun
Chargerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

looks like I need to get that outrunner motor plate ordered like now, and it would be interesting to try out the slash-spec Switch tires on some PL 2.2 beadlocks as well as the TCS boomerang mounts and combined link/servo mount. that, and I wouldn't mind a set of MIP driveshafts and CVDs. ideas, ideas...
Slyp Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #5

is there rules on truck
banchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by banchee View Post
is there rules on truck
as far as i know, it's only that it has to be battery operated. there are really no rules. i went to the last one, just to watch, and it looked like fun.
puryear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #7

thanks
banchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Interesting. I'm curious how the scoring is done for the Top Truck Challenge. Does a truck have to compete in each thing or are they individual events? Do you have to use the same truck for all of them, are modifications allowed in between? Are there wheelbase, tire size, steering limitations, etc?

I'm curious about the November 22nd event too, is that going to be 1.9 comp only? Was the plan to allow Losi MRC's and Duratrax Cliff Climbers? I ask because it states 'VARCOR Rules' and per the rules we go by (USRCCA), the DTX is not allowed. Also the issue I see there is that the DTX is 2.2 and the Losi is 1.9.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by '04 Rubicon View Post
Interesting. I'm curious how the scoring is done for the Top Truck Challenge. Does a truck have to compete in each thing or are they individual events? Do you have to use the same truck for all of them, are modifications allowed in between? Are there wheelbase, tire size, steering limitations, etc?

I'm curious about the November 22nd event too, is that going to be 1.9 comp only? Was the plan to allow Losi MRC's and Duratrax Cliff Climbers? I ask because it states 'VARCOR Rules' and per the rules we go by (USRCCA), the DTX is not allowed. Also the issue I see there is that the DTX is 2.2 and the Losi is 1.9.
the real ttc scores similar to the way we score comps, but they're going do the scale ttc as time trails, as far as i understand. it's similar to monster truck eliminations, i believe. i was kinda worried that it would be a bunch of e-maxxes and e-revos and such, but dave assures me that the courses will be set up to show strengths of most types of truck. was going to run the truggy, but i'll be robbing a couple of parts for my scaler build. i don't know what i'll do now. as for the nov 22 event, i'm not sure if there's anything set in stone as to what they'll be running. dave pack is probably the one to ask that. i'm not even sure how they plan to score that one either, sinse it isn't part of the point series. i'm supposed to run by his house tomorrow to pick up my scorpion. i could ask him if you want.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

What ever truck you start with you need to use for the whole event.

Why is everything about how its going to be scored! Come out have some fun.

Last edited by Scooteracing; 10-17-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:03 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

any limits to what can be done to the truck over the course of the event? like, could I switch out the rear shocks for turnbuckles and change the gearing for the drag race, then replace the shocks and go back to the 90/18 gearing I'm running currently for the rest of the events?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyp Dawg View Post
any limits to what can be done to the truck over the course of the event? like, could I switch out the rear shocks for turnbuckles and change the gearing for the drag race, then replace the shocks and go back to the 90/18 gearing I'm running currently for the rest of the events?
the object is to test the best all around truck. if you change out parts, it has to be an as close as possible replacement part.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

ah, so regearing or swapping out shocks for turnbuckles during the drags would be a nogo? looks like I get to play with gear ratios and maybe make something like the TCS boomerang mounts for the rear suspension now...
Old 10-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Is This A 2.2 OnlY Comp?
4ONDFLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

I think that as long as your rig doesn't have an internal combustion engine (no nitros, no petrol-powered rigs. this is an indoor thing in a store, remember?) it's OK to run, although I wouldn't recomend running anything bigger than a rig with the footprint of a 1:8 buggy. 1.9s, 2.2s, maybe the odd small super, trail rigs of all shapes, sizes, and colors, should all be cool. just a guess, tho
Old 06-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Is this place still open im going to be in the area lookin to craw
samdog is offline   Reply With Quote