Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Good places to crawl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Good places to crawl

I just wanted to start a thread where everyone could post the place that they go to crawl. The place i like to crawl the best is at Huntington Beach in Newport News. Over by the boat dock is a little beach that has rocks buried in the sand that are good to crawl on. But of course i am always looking for new placed to go that isn't too far out of the way, so if you know of a good place, let me know.
chvy4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

sand and rock mix? sounds different. definitely need to send some pics. could be a potential comp location if it's big enough, or a good gtg location. is it something that could be cleaned up for a gtg. you should post up some pics. as for the ol' reliables that we use in richmond, on a scale of 1-10 nationwide- forest hill park= 8, pony pasture= 6, belle isle= 9, deep run park= 4, three lakes park= for scalers only, but a 5 for that, and there are a few places more that i think will be comp locations (secret) for next year, but i have to check them out a little further and make sure there is clear access to them. anyone else got anything to add? mark, randy? you guys have competed on the left side. do you not think we have some pretty good honey holes hear in richmond?
puryear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Unfortunately its not big enough for comps, its actually a small spot but its the closest place to where i live thats a good spot to crawl. The sand does kinda make things a little slick but i just see it as another element of difficulty. Next time i go out i will have to try to get some pictures.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #4

there isnt anything in the 757 that compares to richmond and the only place i have been is belle . everything around here is riffraff . the best thing we got is htvb indoor stuff which still isnt anything compared to richmond.
CS_BENOIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

when you're ever venturing farther inland, look for old creek beds or hilly areas. when you find a hill, head for the low point. i'll guarantee there are places out you all's way, the same as there are alot out here, there just aren't alot of people, yet, that know about rc rock crawling. of the spots that we've found here in richmond, i'm sure that we've not found all of them (i still have a few more to scope out myself) here in our area. there are spots out your way, you all just haven't found them yet. mt trashmore is not the only place in va beach, it's just the only place that anyone's found.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #6

no there isnt anything near us the closet thing to a hill is mt trashmore we would have to venture awhile before we hit hills .
CS_BENOIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Yeah we dont really have any mountains that close to us but if im in an area like that i will definately have to keeps my eyes open. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

man, that sucks. the city should build a rc park.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

even though i don't have my truck yet lol(should be here monday)there are quite a few creek beds around me just north of charlottsville. i'm going out scouting tomorrow and if i find some good spots i'll get pics and post them.
non ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

WHOOPS!!!! just read where i can't post pics yet. oh'well i learned something right there lol. i will post them when i can sorry to get anyones hopes up lol.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by non ya View Post
WHOOPS!!!! just read where i can't post pics yet. oh'well i learned something right there lol. i will post them when i can sorry to get anyones hopes up lol.
cool
Old 11-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

yeah the spots we have in richmond IMO are some of the best in the state!
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

theres a spot right behind BMW of sterling in sterling VA, rocks are big enough to run supers.
bullet1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet1231 View Post
theres a spot right behind BMW of sterling in sterling VA, rocks are big enough to run supers.
could you spend the day there? can you post pics?
Old 11-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

ill try to get pics tomorrow, i dont think they'll let us, parking is already a problem there as it is,lol
Old 11-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

here is our first crawling spot in c'ville. not much now but when it all gets cleared it will be awesome. it's about 60 foot long.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

Looks like a good spot, just needs some more rocks. This is what my brother-in-law and I built last weekend.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

damn,u got alot of time on your hands, gud job on that! looks gvery good
Old 11-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

chvy4wd that looks pretty cool but it needs to be bigger .

from left to right in my pic the hill is about 200ft long and about 60ft high so once we get it cleared there are tons of rocks there (it's all backfill) we'll just need to move some. we need to let everything die off for winter so we can really get in there and clear it good.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Actually it didnt take very long at all to build. There is a pallet underneath of it all, that is how we got the angle. It would be nice if it was bigger but we have actually set up some coarses on it and it is a little more challenging than we had expected. For a couple of loads of busted concrete, we are pretty happy with it.

That will be cool non ya when it all gets cleared. Maybe a good spot for some comps.