Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Local va beach rock course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #21

That's actually not a bad idea. I'm guessing you got the text message with the info. In case your not sure, i'm the guy that met with you at rudee last year with the XR. Anyway, I'm sure if you got the text then you can understand not wanting to put the info out on location just yet as there are still details to work out with the place and all if they let us do it, which i think will go through as i'm meeting with the owner Tuesday morning to talk about everything, hopefully everything will be a go and we can get this ball rolling, again guys, as soon as i know for sure, i'll post up with location, details that I get when we meet, and hopefully we can start planning to all meet up and get this thing done, i'm ready to crawl already...
eagle1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Yeah... got the text... I think it will be a go... and yeah, I thought I met u before but poorboy made it clear for me
krono7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:10 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

This wouldn't be the debs thingy, would it
Anyone wanting to meet up to haul rocks, gimme a call!
Text/call me @ 252-337-4490
-Adam
Hoyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #24

That would be a good observation... Like i said though, it's not official as of yet, but i should know something by lunch time tues for sure, me and another guy are meeting with the owner then to discuss doing it up there. they have a really small rock pile now, but i've heard mention of wanting to do more for us crawler guys and a buddy of mine saw this gentleman the other day and mentioned it he seemed pretty excited about the interest I've gotten so far on doing up a course there, so we'll see guys.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Good luck, waiting to hear how it goes!
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #26

Just got back from debbies and the course is a go, now we just have to all get a weekend to start on it...lol. There are obviously going to be some restrictions being it's a business but I think we can work around all that. Les, the owner has given us the go ahead to actually move the fence around the dirt track in some to give us more room to work with and some one is dropping off some cobble stone I guess to use as well. Those that are active building this, not just there for an hour or so, will be given at least a years membership which opens up the dirt, road, carpet indoor, and drag strip. From what I understand it also gives a discount on the store as well. After that there will be a fee but it's a business so I guess we can't really complain right, it's a place to crawl and run other rc's as well. Plus there is power and water out near where it'll be so this should work out pretty well I think. I have duty this weekend so I'm out this weekend but after that I shoule be game.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Awesome! I'm out if the country until labor day, but after that I'm available.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyta View Post
I can get lots of rock- just need help loading it up. I live 30 mins from the state line, 15 from Moyock. I have a truck, its just taking the time to load it!
I work in V Beach daily, so it won't be a problem either way
Just how much rock can you get, we have a pretty good size area to work with and we were talking about setting upba section for 1.9 as well. Most of it will hopefully be 2.2 comp and sportsman but I want to get a MRC one day and theres others that run 1.9 so we want to make it usable for all, not just 2.2 comp ya know.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

That's awesome! I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday nexy week, if someone has atruck and wants to help grab pallets for some elevations let me know, I will talk to my boss tmr, other than that I'm available after 4pm to help! Someone w/ a truck could meet me at my work bout 4ish on the weekends also for some pallets. I'm also gonna post up on craigslist looking for rock donations today and see what happens. Good going eagle!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramination View Post
Awesome! I'm out if the country until labor day, but after that I'm available.

That's cool, I'm sure this will not be a 1 day project and the more help with other stuff around there the better off we'll be as far as how freedom we have, although I don't think we'll have any issues doing it, the owner seems pretty cool and is all about is doing this.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Great. I am all for a 2.2 comp course, but I'd also like to see more like you were saying. I'd like to see some TTC terrain. I plan on getting a Wraith pretty soon, and my AX10 isn't as comp worthy as your guys im sure, mine is set up more for a TTC comp than a crawling comp. I'll still play along, but I surely wont keep up on the tough stuff. Depending on how this goes, I may have to get an XR first.

Speaking of which, does this mean Debs is going to start carrying more crawlers and parts? While they have a few Axial parts behind the counter, they don't have a single axial crawler on the shelf! Well they haven't the past 3 times I've been there anyways.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #32

No worries Kronos, I'm just wanting a place to go crawling...lol. As of now during the week I'm not sure about as I dont know what my schedule will be like, night shift now but I think I'll be on days starting next week, I hope anyway. As far as the ax10 goes, it's no where near my xr just by nature alone, that and my chassis is top heavy as well, but I may be changing that soon back to stock for now just because I feel it's more capable that way, but who knows about me, I need to replace most of my rod ends anyway since their stock and just worn slap out...lol.

If you do an xr get the mantis chassis, that thing looks sick, I want one but don't need to drop another $2,000 into another crawler right now...lol
Old 08-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

haha I am not buying a XR anytime soon, just threw a rod in my KTM race bike (read: BIG MONEY) this past weekend, and am in the process of taking my 1:1 from mild to wild. There will be no XR, maybe a Wraith but not an XR. That mantis does look sick though, I might print a picture of it just to hang in the garage. lol

Anyway, back on track. About how much area do we have?
Old 08-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Ok, so I put a want ad on craigslist looking for reasonable priced rocks minimum of 5lbs and donations of rocks... will let u guys know what happens...
Old 08-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #35

If you've been out to the track at debbies, the corner between the 2 tracks and drivers stand and we can move the fence in about 20 ft maybe for more room, we'll have a decent sized area for sure. Yeah building a durable xr is pricy for sure.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Anyone talk to this guy yet?

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/grd/2549765381.html

I emailed him, he says they are still available but two others have recently inquired. Wasn't sure if maybe it was one of you guys. haha.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I saw that post. There is another guy on there that has a lot of rock for $25 a wheelbarrell... I will call him when we can gtg and go so I know how much we could look to get
Old 08-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #38

I have not seen that post yet but may try to call him and see about loading up what I can for now and come back for the rest maybe, can't today but maybe this week, especially if he'll hold it for us ya know. That's a great find though, just not sure how much I can load in the Ned o an f-150 but I guess I'll find out soon enough...lol.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #39

I'll be able to help out on occasion, but I would love to see a crawler course. Where is debbies at? I have a decent ax but nothing crazy a tuber body and some droop shocks.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.799589,-76.121460
tcw0409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

I have the phone number for the one I posted, PM me if you want it. I'd get them myself but like I said im out of the country lol