Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Local va beach rock course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Debbies is on military highway near greenbriar mall... and an ax will do alright to get u started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcw0409 View Post
I'll be able to help out on occasion, but I would love to see a crawler course. Where is debbies at? I have a decent ax but nothing crazy a tuber body and some droop shocks.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.799589,-76.121460
krono7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Well, the rock I can get is from an old 4h camp that never took off. Its lining a bank near the river. Not sure how much is needed, but we can probaly get two truck-beds full!
There is no way we can set up a ttc course there. It takes alot of space!
As for the 1.9 guys- that can come later, as not many people are into it around here.
Here's the problem I forsee- attendence(sp?). Randy (Swell Searcher) is a good friend of mine, and very active in Varcor... We could possibly get some of those guys involved as well...
Call/Text me anytime @ 252-337-4490
-Adam
Hoyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Oh yeah, sold my berg awhile back, and have a bunch of scalers now. Hopefully you guys can crawl, cause it would be painful for me to whoop all of you in a scaler! lol
Now I need to buy another Comp rig...
Old 08-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #44
varcor.org

nice job guys on getting a local course setup. i've taken a hiatus from crawling but i'll be coming back this fall once my job schedules calms. if i have any free time during the weekend when you guys work on it at debs, i'll come out.
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #45
varcor.org

also, since you guys talked about pallets, also look for construct sites or craigslist for scrap concrete of all sorts (broken up concrete driveways, sidewalks, and pipes) for base material. i would also work on drainage, last thing you want a mud pit everywhere.
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #46

Hoyta if we can get 2 truck loads to at least start that'd be great, I've said before I'm not against seeing how my f-150 will toat in the back...lol. I have another guy that's not on here yet that has a Colorado that says he'll help so depending on what you drive that'll make a nice start and we can use scrap stuff like swellsearcher suggests and use broken concrete and such as fill and another surface to change it up a bit. We can always add to the course as we see fit and I think the area we have will be nice, it's a decent sized spot. I have duty this weekend so I can't do anything this weekend but hopefully the next I'll be ready to go, I'm ready to crawl already...lol
eagle1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

I found a guy that can get a1 rip rap for $115 a ton delivered to debbies and $80 an additional ton. A1 rip rap is what most ppl use on their shorelines and such not the busted up concrete
Old 08-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #48
RCC Addict

The bigger the rock the better. I may be able to help out after this weekend.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

I can help this weekend. Pallets are a bad idea, as they can/will eventually rot. I have a pile of rubble near my house as well, so we can get as much of that as needed. Is Les going to pay for the rock? If not, its mildly pointless to pay for it, and have to pay to use our rock;) I understand the aspect of having to drive here and get it, though. Whatever is easiest.
We can work on it in the evening time as well. Would anyone be up to getting together at Deb's and planning it out? Do you guys actually know how to build a course? Just asking, as alot of people don't.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

From my understanding hoyta... we have to do everything... if the owner of debbies is informed that we actually helped out then he will give those that did a year membership... other than that, I dunno
Old 08-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

I'd be down to help if I didn't like so far away, like kbrog said use the bigger rock. Rip rap sucks to crawl on, as far as pallets stay away as stated they will rot what I have done with another member of varcor was used dirt to build up the hill then place broken concrete rocks on top of it.
firekiddc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:47 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

That cool with me-
I'd like to help as much as possible! Selling one of my scalers to get a nice berg or xr-10 because of it!
lol
Old 08-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

This is just a thought but I think we need to meet up at debbies soon so we can see what/ where have to work with, meet eachother that haven't met and start dicussing or plan of action so the owner knows that we are for real... we got the go ahead but we are stuck on here. I'm available after for on most days. So a Saturday evening meet up would work out w/ me. I'm also off one Tuesday and Wednesday next week if anyone is available then. Just let me know.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #54

I have watch sat so a meet and greet sat is a no go for but I can meet Sunday or maybe later on Friday afternoon but Friday will be hit or miss for me. Next weekend I should be good for whenever although like was said it'd be a good idea to show up so he knows we're serious.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Sunday after 4 would work for me. I work at a hotel so weekends espicially am is hard while its nice out
Old 08-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #56

After 4 sounds good to me, so if anyone else would like to come out to talk about it and start the planning come on out, or post up what time will work and we'll try to accommodate as many as we can since it will be a group effort. If need be I'll have to make it out a few times to discuss it with as many as possible. I just want as many involved as possible as I honestly have never done anything like this and I'm open ideas and suggestions for sure.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

i have tinkered w/ setups... this is my test and tune area of my backyard

as for meeting up... after 4pm, just give me a day, i can be there by 5ish unless im off that day
Old 08-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

If you are off Tuesday, lets do it then. We won't be bothering anyone, since its closed. If you'd rather do it on Wed., thats fine as well. Weekends are ok, but I live in Carolina (work in Va Beach).
I'll start doing more research on building courses.
Thanks, again, for getting this going everyone!
-Adam
Old 08-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

So, I was thinking bout what was said bout pallets not being a good idea. I think we should start out w/ using pallets and here's why...
1. We don't have a lot to start w/ anyways
2. If/ when it rots and breaks we have a new layout and didn't have to do anything
3. Gives us an excuse to rebuild the course
4. Its free and can give elevation
These are just a couple thoughts I had and thought I would share
Old 08-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

I completely agree, especially with point #4. Even if you tear the pallets apart and use the wood to build a raised foundatoin or whatever.
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote