Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Local va beach rock course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #61

I'm going to have to get a crawler now!!!
rroadkilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

Private coarse near Lake Anna/ Fredericksburg

There is one that I help build part of it. I consists of dirt and broken up concrete/rocks. I have tried calling him for you all to see if he has any new concrete or rocks he would let go. The last I talked to him he has approx 10 tons but I believe that was all disposed of. I would not hold my breath on a return call.
firekiddc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

I would crawl the poo out of that course, looks awesome. Im really excited to get this built. Even if I have to rely on wheelspeed and stupidity to make lines, I'll be there. I can't wait to get on the rocks with some guys and see a real comp crawler in action
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by firekiddc02 View Post
Private coarse near Lake Anna/ Fredericksburg

There is one that I help build part of it. I consists of dirt and broken up concrete/rocks. I have tried calling him for you all to see if he has any new concrete or rocks he would let go. The last I talked to him he has approx 10 tons but I believe that was all disposed of. I would not hold my breath on a return call.
Course looks nice, hopefully we can the one here up and going soon and it'll as nice looking as that one. I take y'all still crawl there? If so we may have to have a gtg there sometime for a different spot to crawl.
eagle1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1978 View Post
Course looks nice, hopefully we can the one here up and going soon and it'll as nice looking as that one. I take y'all still crawl there? If so we may have to have a gtg there sometime for a different spot to crawl.
No. He got out of the hobby due to personal reasons moved and left the course behind.
firekiddc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:42 AM   #66

it sounds like a scam to me, i am sorry but this 50 yr old man has been scamed enough, yes i am interested i have 14 rc cars and monsters trucks, i used to post on hobbyzip.com till they sold out to you tube and now i can not post my vids.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
it sounds like a scam to me, i am sorry but this 50 yr old man has been scamed enough, yes i am interested i have 14 rc cars and monsters trucks, i used to post on hobbyzip.com till they sold out to you tube and now i can not post my vids.
Not sure what your referring to but if it's the attempt to make a rock course then I assure you it's no scam.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

kronos- The pallets are a bad idea, and all 4 reasons do not justify using them.
I can get all the broken concrete pieces we need to build it with elevation. It is free. It does not rot, and is not taking shortcuts.
Heres the thing- If we are going to build a course, especially at the most populated rc store in the tidewater area(sorry Randy!), we need to do it right!
I'm glad you guys took the time to get this going, and appreciate the effort so far. The course you built in your backyard looks fun, but is nowhere near comp level.
Lets do this right, please.
Hoyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #69
Quarry Creeper

These are kinda cool-

all of them.... lol
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Hoyta- that would be awesome... I was just throwing it out there
krono7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

no probs bud;)
Anytime you guys want to meet up,lmk-
Names Adam, btw!
off to build links for the tater.....
Old 08-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #72

just in case everyone hasn't seen it yet, there was another thread started about meeting at debbies to discuss and plan the track, great idea by the way, so if you want to help build this post up over there. I know we were saying a sunday gtg to discuss this, but looks like so far tues will be the best time, again though if we need to meet up more than one day just let me know, i'm sure something can be arranged. i'm not that far away so i can usually make it out there any day, no promises on time though since traffic and being Navy, we aren't promised an off time for the day...
Old 01-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Local va beach rock course

i just puchased a new house by lynnhaven mall and i am dying to get a scale/rock crawler course going behind my house. i had one back there before deployment( i was renting 2 houses down before) but it growed over. it would be ready for scalers in about 30 minutes. if you live close to lynnhaven mall give me a text. 757-201-1845. we can get something going. i want to try debbies out but i dont get along with them.
daddyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
hobbyzip didnt sell out. the owner could not afford to keep the website going on a independent video player. atleast all my vids didnt get lost. i think it sucks too though. but he didnt sell out. he isnt making anything from youtube. its just hooked up to a cheaper server.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

here is something to get us pumped up. this is my scaler place behind my house.
paul and duck trailin in the bush. Video - HobbyZip Hobby Videos and Pictures
Old 04-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #76

Hi everyone, just thought I'd say hi since I haven't been on in a while, unfortunately I'm no longer in Va beach, got out of the Navy and went back home to mississippi, so I got to start another "rock pile" here so I have somewhere to crawl once I get both my rigs running again. Anyone been out to Debbies lately, just wondering if anyone is using the course there, if it's still there, any more work done to it, you know the usual..lol. Hopefully you guys in the area will continue to work on it and build it up bigger, we were on a good start with it but life has a way of reversing foward motion as it is...lol.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Old 04-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #78

Looks like a nice spot for a scaler spot for sure
Old 04-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Hey guys and girls we have started a section on are VA-SCALER.COM for the Southern VA SCALERS. Come Check it out.
Southern VA-Scaler Events - Va-Scaler Forum
mp3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1978 View Post
Looks like a nice spot for a scaler spot for sure
It gets bigger every weekend. We added new stuff today during the rain. Also scope out a trail behind my house. Its bad ass!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk