Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: G6 style or TTC event?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default G6 style or TTC event?

is there anyone interested in a G6 style event or TTC in Va? I think it would be fun! As far as location I have no idea. would prefer something towards the middle of the state so the drive wouldnt be too bad for everone. just seeing if anyone would be interested. I was gonna put the idea up on VARCOR, but it seems like that is a ghost town these days. If ayone has ideas feel free to contribute
4ONDFLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I guess no one want to do this... I'll will fend for myself I guess. Lol
Old 09-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
RCC Addict

There are a few, myself included. But at the moment its hard enough just to get even 4 people to show up for a sanctioned VARCOR 2.2 comp event so the chances of this happening are slim. Unless you go to each persons back yard because nobody seems to want to leave home to go crawling or comp there rig. I never have understood why someone will spend hundreds of dollars and countless hours in a rig and whine about some gas money and 4 or 5 hours one day a month to comp there rig. Ive been thinking about dropping out of Varcor because of lack of interest and driving up to MD and run there season. They have a larger group of drivers that want to comp and get better at the sport. If you want to try to organize this event with one of the Varcor dates your are more than welcome. We have a event on OCT 8 at Belle Isle. We once ran a King of Belle event similar to what you are talking about.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
There are a few, myself included. But at the moment its hard enough just to get even 4 people to show up for a sanctioned VARCOR 2.2 comp event so the chances of this happening are slim. Unless you go to each persons back yard because nobody seems to want to leave home to go crawling or comp there rig. I never have understood why someone will spend hundreds of dollars and countless hours in a rig and whine about some gas money and 4 or 5 hours one day a month to comp there rig. Ive been thinking about dropping out of Varcor because of lack of interest and driving up to MD and run there season. They have a larger group of drivers that want to comp and get better at the sport. If you want to try to organize this event with one of the Varcor dates your are more than welcome. We have a event on OCT 8 at Belle Isle. We once ran a King of Belle event similar to what you are talking about.
X2, people around here would rather talk about their rigs, and how badass they are, then come out and try and prove it.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

honestly i think the problem with people showing up to comps is the comps themselves. Nothing against VARCOR, Ive been a member for years and have only been to like 2 comps (granted I only had a super at that time) I personally thinks comps can get a little too competative and sometimes it takes the fun out all together.Competition is good and all and makes you push yourself and your rig but there comes a point where you wanna just go out and run your rig without the B.S. and drama. I am just talking bout a very loose trail run with some cool stuff along the way or a TTC event to really test our rigs (plus meet some new people). I have never had a problem traveling to a location, thats part of the expense of partaking in this hobbie, especially for those of us in the south where rocks aparently dont exist. It would just be nice to go out and run it with more than 2 people. It helps you learn tricks and grow with the hobbie, aswell as make new friends. But thats just my .02
Old 09-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ONDFLR View Post
honestly i think the problem with people showing up to comps is the comps themselves. Nothing against VARCOR, Ive been a member for years and have only been to like 2 comps (granted I only had a super at that time) I personally thinks comps can get a little too competative and sometimes it takes the fun out all together.Competition is good and all and makes you push yourself and your rig but there comes a point where you wanna just go out and run your rig without the B.S. and drama. I am just talking bout a very loose trail run with some cool stuff along the way or a TTC event to really test our rigs (plus meet some new people). I have never had a problem traveling to a location, thats part of the expense of partaking in this hobbie, especially for those of us in the south where rocks aparently dont exist. It would just be nice to go out and run it with more than 2 people. It helps you learn tricks and grow with the hobbie, aswell as make new friends. But thats just my .02
I partially agree with you, me and Kbrog go out and practice with our comp rigs all the time in a non competitive way, although we seem to always find a way to make it a competition.
There's a time for fun runs, and gtg's and there is a time for comp, they are all parts of the hobby.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Im not sure what comp event you went to but all the ones Ive been to in the last 2 years have been pretty B.S. and drama free so Im not sure exactly what you mean by that. If you dont want to run comp class we have scale class and you are welcome to run, organize, build any kind of course and keep score or fun run. This is the way it has always been at any Varcor event. We have always stated this and the opportunity has been there at every event for anyone to come out and run any class. And thats no B.S. or drama. And yet the attendee list remains empty. Im not getting on your case or trying to be out of line in any way at all. I would like to have a large event of this sort as much as you. If you have a good idea on how to make it happen Im listening.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

not B.S. or drama between people so to speak just stupid stuff like when people get butt hurt because they got beat by someone that has more money in thier rig, or a super stickler bout rules to where it makes the few who show up not able to compete. Im not saying anything bad about VARCOR at all. everyone I have met have been super cool, Hell one guy even brought me a load of rock for my home course to Belle Island and he didnt know me from a stranger down the street. As for the comps that Ive been to, were talking way far back like when Randy used to have a super. I will be coming to the comp on the 8th to run my Wraith on actual rocks...lol maybe we can all brain storm and bring it back to the bigger crowds like it used to be.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Back to original topic, like we talked about last weekend I am down for some TTC action. It doesn't even have to be an event, I'm game for a trail run or mudding session. Hit me up on here, I get PM notifications sent right to my phone
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Consider me in!
sellenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

The woods right now are a little too dense with vegitation plus the major bug factor but as soon as it gets a little colder it will be alot more fun and easy to move around in. obviously theres not alot of rocks here in chesapeake but plent of mud!! lol
Old 10-02-2011, 06:40 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Gonna be doing some bashing and mud running this afternoon if anyone wants to partake. We will be in Chesapeake. Pm if u want directions.