Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Crawlers around winchester va, capon bridge wv area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #1

Cool Crawlers around winchester va, capon bridge wv area

Hey everyone. Was seeing if there was anyone doing scale crawling in the winchester va capon bridge wv area that would like to get together and run some courses for fun. Might just award you with beer and/or food for for good runs to practice for any other comps. Bringing your own beer and/or food would be cool. I live off the side of a mountain and have some pretty good areas to set up practice courses and/or build courses. No streams or anything nearby but could definitely construct mud pits into courses if anyone is down. Plenty of rock to built custom courses or already naturally placed rock to set gates for courses. I will be cleaning up some brush and leaves in the woody mountains behind my house to make for some cool set ups. If anyone is down let me know and we can plan a day. Would just be for fun, practice, and to learn techniques from one another to crawl better. I'm about a 45 minute drive from winchester va and about a 15 min drive from the town of capon bridge wv or augusta wv about 20 min. Looking to drink beer, eat food, crawl, and have fun. Just a let me know.
hippyman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #2

Default Re: Crawlers around winchester va, capon bridge wv area

Hey man I live in hagerstown not far new to rc new to scaling crawling have only done the solo thing would enjoy meeting others in same hobby
dentguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I like beer, food, and crawling.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #4

Sounds kewl guys. Let's try to think of a good day a couple so weeks from now to do some crawling. Gotta get the new job settled in by then and then we're good. I'm gonna check out some other spots but otherwise if y'all are down to coming to my place it's got some awesome crawling course potential. Just need to have some gate markers (I have no tennis balls to chop lol) and the rest is the natural landscape except for a few water holes I may make in between to make things a little wetter since there's no streams nearby. I will post a date here in a week or so and see if things work out. Which day of the week is good? Sundays or saturdays? And bring beer come the day and I'll supply some also and some food for grilling. Anything you wanna bring would be kewl too. But a sunny day, beer, food, and crawling on the mountain sounds good to me!
Old 08-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I'm near Fredericksburg and am up for a road trip. I can bring the Natty Boh!

I better hurry up and get my trail truck built so that I don't miss any fun.
TIME MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:36 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

hippyman88 go check out eastcoast r/c scalers on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693706187380116/
passinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #7

Right now I'm outta luck on my crawler :-( was having a loss of power issue and found it was the BEC inside the waterproof box that burned a hole in the side of it and it's fried. I had a second BEC put in at the ESC but not sure how to rewire the other one out. Not to mention the battery plug (not on the battery) has came off, again. Gonna have to bring it to ya passinby to the hobby hutt this friday morning to see what I can do. Im tight on cash but was seeing if I can get a fix. Remember that new Castle ESC I let ya have? lol :-) but trying to get it fixed up so I can get a date set for crawling. Was working on a new course when I was trying it out and the BEC fried. But I'll be at the hobby hutt friday morning.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

bring it brotha
passinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #9

Thanks passinby for fixing my rig. Gonna try to plan a day and a place to go crawling. Still I have a bit of an issue with losing power more quickly than usual but could be the humid weather heating the motor up a bit more quickly. Will post a date here soon once I find a good place nearby to get together. Trying to find somewhere that allows beer (or at least those red cups :-)).
Old 08-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #10

Pretty sure my motor is toast.... smells pretty bad and overheats in a matter of like 5 min in an air conditioned house. Got the BEC, now I need a new motor. Damn...... Explains the power loss still occurring....bummer.....

Crawlers around winchester va, capon bridge wv area - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone in the Winchester area? straydawg Kentucky 0 07-24-2014 08:56 PM
Blanchard.. Bridge Creek area!!! N2crawling Newbie General 1 04-18-2013 09:54 AM
winchester, cross junction, area get together JShetler122 Virginia 0 11-25-2012 09:39 PM
Potential crawling area: Dexter Main St. bridge bigwalton Michigan 12 07-30-2011 02:37 PM
Winchester area crawlers...anyone out there? Nubster Virginia 1 12-01-2010 06:19 AM