Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia
Loading

Notices

Thread: Club in Virginia?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2018, 12:19 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: US
Posts: 138
Default Club in Virginia?

Hi I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are crawler clubs in Va or areas near northern VA?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
gen7crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 36
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

I don't know of any clubs in the northern area, but a dozen or so us from tidewater meet up with people in Richmond and run belle island. The hobby town in the area does a loose g6 event a couple times a year that makes it worth the drive. Check the regional forum section you will probably find something close to you. Also FB since most local groups have a page.
jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:51 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: US
Posts: 138
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper View Post
I don't know of any clubs in the northern area, but a dozen or so us from tidewater meet up with people in Richmond and run belle island. The hobby town in the area does a loose g6 event a couple times a year that makes it worth the drive. Check the regional forum section you will probably find something close to you. Also FB since most local groups have a page.
Thanks truly appreciate it. It's fun running your rig but trailing with others is amazing. Do your group have a fb page? If so can you give me the name I'm about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs out from Richmond. Not that bad of a drive.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
gen7crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #4
RCC Addict
 
Inspector86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 1,153
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

I'm in Fredericksburg and there is a local group that gets together from time to time. I second the Richmond Hobby Town crawls at Belle Isle. Were in northern VA are you located?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/607366066074498/

Last edited by Inspector86; 02-19-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Inspector86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:30 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: US
Posts: 138
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I'm in Fredericksburg and there is a local group that gets together from time to time.
Thanks for that info how do I contact the group? Fb or a forum? I used to visit the track at a hobby store in Fredericksburg but last time I went it was closed and I never went back. That was in 2016 or earlier.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
gen7crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #6
RCC Addict
 
Inspector86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 1,153
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen7crawler View Post
Thanks for that info how do I contact the group? Fb or a forum? I used to visit the track at a hobby store in Fredericksburg but last time I went it was closed and I never went back. That was in 2016 or earlier.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
Just contact them via facebook. They don't have any formal meetings that I am aware of.
Inspector86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:47 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: US
Posts: 138
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Just contact them via facebook. They don't have any formal meetings that I am aware of.
Thanks. not trying to sound slow or anything but I really don't be on FB at all so I'm not sure what to search for to find the group. I have a fb page just not familiar with the whole group thing. Could you give me a headstart in the right direction

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
gen7crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 36
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

my group is south eastern Virginia Scalers, on a mobile phone FB app on the top you should have magnifying glass, just type in what your looking for there. Id search your town/city for rc, crawlers, scalers, etc etc etc. Also if you have a axial based truck I would go ahead and add axial rc rock crawlers to your group, some decent deals and knowledge to be found there.
jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:42 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: US
Posts: 138
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper View Post
my group is south eastern Virginia Scalers, on a mobile phone FB app on the top you should have magnifying glass, just type in what your looking for there. Id search your town/city for rc, crawlers, scalers, etc etc etc. Also if you have a axial based truck I would go ahead and add axial rc rock crawlers to your group, some decent deals and knowledge to be found there.
Thanks

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
gen7crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:34 AM   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: NoVA
Posts: 45
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

Check VA Scalers on FB. They run Hemlock in Clifton most Sundays.
Devwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:44 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 119
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen7crawler View Post
Thanks. not trying to sound slow or anything but I really don't be on FB at all so I'm not sure what to search for to find the group. I have a fb page just not familiar with the whole group thing. Could you give me a headstart in the right direction

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

I am an admin on the backwoods page and frequently organize some impromptu trail runs.

Give me a shout via pm if you don't do Facebook and let's get together and do some crawling.
TIME MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:30 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NoVa
Posts: 221
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

Devwon,
Vascalers doesn't run at Hemlock. RCRNV runs at hemlock.

There is a Facebook page & soon to be website for RCRNV.
chipgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:44 AM   #13
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: NoVA
Posts: 45
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

Well I guess the VA Scalers FB group I've run with out there was lying to me. Both groups serve different functions but share members and cross promote. Comp link for anyone interested Va scaler 2018

Last edited by Devwon; 07-27-2018 at 09:59 AM. Reason: added link
Devwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:53 PM   #14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 45
Default Re: Club in Virginia?

Come check us out at VA Scaler!! Comp coming soon!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1685...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARAXcXYYwH5d20wEbITxuDAcgac9E5dmAZ_aUbxs9DWoLj 2HPXSlP9WzsF4ZL5tZZQZB0Xj2cWO7sMe46pC3prHq5Egb01YH 2BjHWfwht4yMe_R7DpjcalS43SaVWbLSF1Uu2LhKc89ryZo0eb 2erZdzMQOUq_6A6ml5JWcI02kA0V6-6asQP0RoF7H2W1wQqyC1DlpQ6RPGZmTAt3ZL&__tn__=C-RH-R
HockmanRCBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Club in Virginia? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rock Hard Scaler Series Event #4 Club VS Club 2013-2014 JRock Competitions 59 03-01-2014 08:57 PM
Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info signups JRock Competitions 108 02-16-2012 01:43 PM
Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info finishline Competitions 94 02-03-2012 11:08 PM
Northern Virginia Radio Control Club Zymo Virginia 0 06-18-2008 03:03 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com