Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Virginia RC Off Roaders - VARCOR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 08:18 PM   #121
varcor.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldchris View Post
Im good for whenever but do you what to wait till 1ish so it warms up a little?
1pm works for... can you post me an address so i can google map it...
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2007, 08:56 PM   #122
Rock Stacker

7200 Riverside Drive
Richmond, VA 23225
should get you close. if you come in on Hathaway it turns into longview. at the stop sign take a right onto Rockfalls dr. at the Y bear left and then the parking lot is on the right and I will be in the back right as you come in.
baldchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #123
RCC Addict

Too many hours in the shop this weekend, and not enough parts, leaves me with this. Hopefully parts shipping won't be held up too much due to T-giving.

I should have it ready by the 2nd though.............with little to no testing.

Oh, and BTA on a TLT is a PITA!
Attached Images

Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

WOW, looking good. I can't believe you are finally building something. Wahoo...
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:22 PM   #125
Rock Crawler

December 2nd checks out for me as of now, nothing planned so I'll be there. Glad that we are getting this going, per the pics, should be lots of fun.

Joe, give me a call and we can plan out what we should try and do; times, courses, classes, food etc.

Really looking forward to this one, hope we get a good turnout.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #126

Found the thread and I'm glad something is happening where I live. It might have happened a little late though, I'll be gone in March. Got to go to Korea next and will take a small vacation before. I'll try to make it on the 2nd, but don't have alot to run. 1 f350 and a 2.2 crawler I've been working on but not happy with the chassis (home made). I might actually buy a prebuilt chassis.
liltexmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #127
varcor.org

got a suggestion, i'm not sure when the website is up and running 100% but it would be nice to have a contact list of everyone's screen name, email and number. that way during GTG/Comp, if someone is running late or someone cancels at the last minute, others can be called.

possible create a forum on the new site that has the list but secured via members only.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #128
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by swell searcher View Post
got a suggestion, i'm not sure when the website is up and running 100% but it would be nice to have a contact list of everyone's screen name, email and number. that way during GTG/Comp, if someone is running late or someone cancels at the last minute, others can be called.

possible create a forum on the new site that has the list but secured via members only.
sounds like a good idea
bigblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #129
Rock Crawler

Default December 2nd GTG in Fredericksburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooteracing View Post
Guys we are kicking around Dec. 2nd (Sunday) to have a GTG in Fredericksburg. How does this sound to everyone. If you can't make it we will have more.
December 2nd it is. This will be our first official GTG, at the Fredericksburg location. We need to know who is planning on attending and what kind of truck(s) you will be bringing; 2.2 comp, 2.2 scale, 1.9, and super. We plan on having some practice courses set up for the different classes but need to know how many of each class there will be. We may try and do an informal comp with or without points, just as a learning process for those who have never been in a comp, but it is going to be very relaxed and all for fun. We will be following USRCCA rules found here for 2.2 comp and supers: http://www.usrcca.com/rules2007.pdf , as for the 1.9 and 2.2 scale classes, we will use the official rules from scale4x4rc, http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9792, so please read and familiarize yourself and let us know if you have any questions.

Also, with respect to food, this time, everyone can just brown bag it. I myself will have a cooler with drinks and stuff to make sandwiches and snacks.

Right now, we are planning to be there at 10:00 AM, I will probably try and get there early to scope out some courses. So, post up if you will be there and what you are bringing. I will have a 2.2 comp, 2.2 scale, and 1.9 scale.

Here is the address that will put you right at the entrance. There are houses on one side and parking along the street on the opposite side. It has been confirmed that you are allowed to park on the street.

Ficklen/Mill Island
344 Riverside Dr.
Fredericksburg, VA 22401

Just use the address to mapquest it.

If anyone needs any further information or questions in general, please PM me either with your contact number or requesting mine and I will PM it back to you.

Attendee list

2.2 comp

'04 Rubicon
baldchris
Scooteracing
Robb
swell searcher
RockMonster

2.2 scale

'04 Rubicon
Scooteracing
Jake
Zach

1.9 Scale

'04 Rubicon
Scooteracing
thorsteenster

Super

Frank3
Robb??
RockMonster

Other
???

Last edited by '04 Rubicon; 11-26-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #130
Rock Stacker

looks like im a 2.2 comp.
baldchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:06 PM   #131
Quarry Creeper

I will have 2.2 comp, 2.2 scale, and 1.9 scale

Both my sons will have 2.2 scalers

Bring anything you have and run it. This is open to all.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #132
RCC Addict

I will probably just show with my weird comp/scale 2.2 (ol' yeller for reasons to become obvious soon). I keep stealing parts off my super, so I don't think it will make it.

If I had my way, I would just run this as a GTG, with a little "comp enlightenment." This will be my first encounter with other crawlers, so a little teaching and lessons on comps would be beneficial to me without the pressure of a comp. It will be "very relaxed" to me no matter what. Let's just get together, shoot the sh1t, and run some little trucks.

I can probably be onsite between 8:30-9:00, so however I can help in the whole thing, just let me know.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #133
Quarry Creeper

Guys, this is totally going to be ran as a GTG, with a little "comp enlightenment." The idea of this GTG is to get everyone familiar with a comp course and the rules of a comp.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, there is no pressure or stressing this as a comp. I've only been to two myself and have never hosted/ran one. I'm guessing we'll have a couple or few GTG's before an official comp.
I'll either have a 1.9 scaler, or a comp'ish 2.2 tuber. Heck, maybe I'll have both.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:50 AM   #135

could anyone close to my location in Petersburg might be able to help me with a scale chassis? And what type of bodies is everyone running. I was looking to run somthing odd but no ideas.
liltexmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:08 AM   #136
varcor.org

i'm in. i may or may not have my 2.2 TLT comp tuber back (sending to wrecker to upgrade the shock mounts) but i'll run my TXT as a 2.2.

i can help out too. i've competed in a few 1:1 comps but not a rc comp yet. also, we can run this first comp a pre-season/informal comp. that way, we can use points but won't count towards any formal comp series.

Last edited by swell searcher; 11-20-2007 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:20 AM   #137
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooteracing View Post
Guys, this is totally going to be ran as a GTG, with a little "comp enlightenment." The idea of this GTG is to get everyone familiar with a comp course and the rules of a comp.
x2

I was thinking last night though, about frequencies, will this be an issue? How to ensure that we are all on different frequencies (if we are all driving around at the same time). Normally in a comp, there are only a couple trucks going. I've never been to a GTG with anymore than 5 or 6 trucks. We could try and bring different crystals, although some may not have a problem running Spectrum or something, maybe just see who has what? Ideas?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #138
varcor.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by '04 Rubicon View Post
I was thinking last night though, about frequencies, will this be an issue? How to ensure that we are all on different frequencies (if we are all driving around at the same time).
Good point. I've been lucky the pass few times that me and my buddies were on different frequencies.

Ideas:
1) Everyone post the frequencies that you have available.
2) At any GTG, we can assign frequencies to drivers based on who shows up.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #139
I wanna be Dave

If you plan on attending regularly, I'd say its a good idea to go ahead and pick up an extra crystal set or two of different frequencies.

Nomadio here.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #140
Pebble Pounder

Still planing on showing up on the 2nd, with super . I'll try to prep for comp......but rules ........rules ?.......I don't need no stinkn' rules!
Just more batteries,and spare parts , and anything else I can break .

Sorry . Yes I'll be there
Frank3 is offline   Reply With Quote