Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Washington

Notices

Thread: WA. counties that are not rc friendly.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2020, 07:19 PM   #1

Default WA. counties that are not rc friendly.

Hey there.
I live in Snohomish County (Everett) and I have found that R/C models of any kind are illegal to operate in any of the "city" parks.
Apparently King County is the same.
For as long as I've been in this hobby, (35+ years) I have never seen this kind of blatant crap.
So much for going to the nearest open field to run your cars or fly airplanes.
Now unless you own several acres, you have to join a club or buy a "limited use permit". Or you can try your luck.
How many other cities or counties in this state are like this?
Scoutguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2020, 07:21 PM   #2

Default Re: WA. counties that are not rc friendly.

I'm down south. Not much problem here other than skate parks and such.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
ispyder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:27 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutguy View Post
Hey there.
I live in Snohomish County (Everett) and I have found that R/C models of any kind are illegal to operate in any of the "city" parks.
Apparently King County is the same.
For as long as I've been in this hobby, (35+ years) I have never seen this kind of blatant crap.
So much for going to the nearest open field to run your cars or fly airplanes.
Now unless you own several acres, you have to join a club or buy a "limited use permit". Or you can try your luck.
How many other cities or counties in this state are like this?
Who cares... do it anyway BECAUSE THIS ISN’T EAST BERLIN. That’s the liberals being bored & they’re more concerned with nitro. I crawl anywhere & everywhere.

There comes a point when you just don’t comply. BTW, I’m out on the Olympic Peninsula. Great trailing & ‘some’ spots for rock crawling. And no one bugs you; in fact they are fascinated (if they do). It’s the same when I’m taking pictures or capturing video with my levitating R/C camera (drone lol).

Last edited by R/C controls YOU; 04-04-2020 at 08:30 PM.
R/C controls YOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:59 PM   #4

Hello. So, I'm in the area too and am a stickler for interpretations of laws and codes... Everywhere I've looked and found rules, in Snoho Co at least, they have something similar to this:

"It is unlawful to operate any remote control and/or motorized model aircraft, rocket, watercraft or similar device in any park, or to launch or land any hang glider or hot air balloon, except at places set apart by the parks director for such purposes or as authorized by a permit from the parks director."

I don't see RC cars listed, but it does state "similar device". What's "similar" is what's open to interpretation - RC cars aren't similar to any of those listed as they have wheels and are land only (unless you're bashing ), but they are similar in that they're RC. Wouldn't want to argue that with a police officer, but may be a good point if harassed by other park-goers.

Have you been given any grief from local law enforcement, or were you just checking? I've been called out for model rockets before, long ago, but never for cars.

Cheers
TheDirtyDiode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:56 PM   #5
RCC Addict

This doesn't necessarily apply to state parks where y'all are since I'm in Texas. And I have no idea what the "laws" are here BUT I will say that just like with a lot of what's enforced or not... it's sometimes more about how you conduct yourself. I'd expect some scrutiny if I were running a nitro car... loud and fast... maybe tearing up grass, doing donuts, endangering people/ pets, causing a scene. But when I run my crawlers/ trailers at my local state parks, I'm very respectful of what's around me and do my best not to damage anything... including no rock placement. If they ever make a fuss about it then I guess I'll leave and they get to keep my entrance fee but yeah... I always try to blend in and not give police, rangers, etc a reason to hassle me. Anyway... good luck out there. We certainly all need places to play.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:29 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Over in Kitsap everyone just says "how cool". Never had any issues so far.

However I did drive the whole "new Dungeness Lighthouse" trail with my SCX10 II, when I was back at the parking lot a ranger asked if I was driving it, then he said it wasn't allowed. I told him the sign didn't say anything about it, just drones weren't allowed. That's when he said, not even joking, "just cause its not on there, doesn't mean its allowed". wtf? I just said okay and walked away. I drove my 10 beach miles and wasn't planning on going back anyway.
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:31 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Hi, I’m in everett too. Getting back into RC after a few years out. Have 2.2 scale, 2.2 MOA comp, micro scale and 1/8 truggy and buggy if you wanted to maybe meet
wojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:59 PM   #8

I’m in the south sound area, and I know that in the city of auburn it is park rules at the least that Rc cars are not to be operated in city parks.
Rb240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:05 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb240 View Post
I’m in the south sound area, and I know that in the city of auburn it is park rules at the least that Rc cars are not to be operated in city parks.
R/C cars aren't okay in Auburn parks but heroin needles are just fine... what a world we live in.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:35 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Have you guys tried diehard RC?
Diehard RC.com
ICHItheKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:10 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICHItheKILLER View Post
Have you guys tried diehard RC?
Diehard RC.com
Brett and Brenda have quite the set up and adding stuff all the time.
SPLATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid View Post
R/C cars aren't okay in Auburn parks but heroin needles are just fine... what a world we live in.

Isn’t that the truth…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rb240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:59 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb240 View Post
Isn’t that the truth…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its the same around here. Saw a needle at Point no point the other day, although RC cars are allowed there.

When I drove new Dungeness Lighthouse there was a needle about 2.5 miles in. The one ranger didn't like me driving my RC, the rest all seemed to like it.

I've seen more needles than other RC drivers at these parks
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:56 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Speaking as a cop, most of us would much rather be stopping gangbangers and dope dealers than bothering people who contribute to society.

And a funny thing seems to happen when we get radio calls about stuff like "someone driving an RC car where they shouldn't."

We seem to have a VERY hard time finding someone who matches the description on calls like that. I guess we're just not very good at our job.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote

WA. counties that are not rc friendly. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone crawling/bashing in Pasco or Hernando counties? yetinoob Florida 1 03-25-2016 07:33 PM
The Horde RC Monroe County and surrounding counties. The Horde RC Tennessee 2 08-08-2013 07:07 PM
Just a friendly reminder 97gmctruck Chit Chat 82 05-04-2013 07:17 PM
Happy New Year to Wraith and Scaler owners in Monroe and Lenawee counties! ld markey Michigan 5 01-02-2012 06:43 PM