Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > West Virginia

Notices

Thread: New Club Starting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #1

Exclamation New Club Starting

There's an awful lot of crawlers in the Charleston/Nitro etc area, so I'm trying to get something organized :-P so we don't have to drive so far for comps and gtgs. If you like crawling and are interested promoting the sport, and friendly competition, sharing ideas etc. please send an email to:

jcburn2@gmail.com

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON !

jim
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2008, 06:24 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
There's an awful lot of crawlers in the Charleston/Nitro etc area, so I'm trying to get something organized :-P so we don't have to drive so far for comps and gtgs. If you like crawling and are interested promoting the sport, and friendly competition, sharing ideas etc. please send an email to:

jcburn2@gmail.com

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON !

jim

Im down for joining a club. Id like to have more get togethers on a regular basis.

Jimmy
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

haha no bonus lines jimmy !!!!!!!!!!
backfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:38 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

come on jim post up
backfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Anyone!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #6

email sent
WVMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:23 AM   #7

i am up for it. i live in huntington.
Jeep1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #8

Default wanna crawl

i was out to sissonville for the crawl for kids event. first time i crawled and im hooked. im working on a leaf rig and a couple of linked rides and would like to get together and put them to use. if anyone knows of an event or club please let me know.thanks
dirtmonkey912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtmonkey912 View Post
i was out to sissonville for the crawl for kids event. first time i crawled and im hooked. im working on a leaf rig and a couple of linked rides and would like to get together and put them to use. if anyone knows of an event or club please let me know.thanks
Where you at? I'm in Parkersburg.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #10

I live 30 min from charelston off i-79 about an hour and 30 min from p-burg but im flexible on travel i have to drive an hour just to get to a hobby shop so it doesnt bother me to drive for a meet.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #11
RCC Addict

I live in boone co. and I'm starting to build a permanent course on my property.check it out in my "anyone from boone co. thread" Anyone who wants to help send me a message.
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #12
RCC Addict

I am an hour north of Charleston, but I would be interested. (even though my scaler is still a ways from completion, my tuber is now back in one piece)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Im down for joining a club. Id like to have more get togethers on a regular basis.

Jimmy
This wouldn't happen to be the Jimmy that used to work at hobby town would it? If so, it is your fault I got hooked on crawlers. I don't know if you remember me since it has been awhile, but this is Manny from up in Flatwoods.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I am an hour north of Charleston, but I would be interested. (even though my scaler is still a ways from completion, my tuber is now back in one piece)

This wouldn't happen to be the Jimmy that used to work at hobby town would it? If so, it is your fault I got hooked on crawlers. I don't know if you remember me since it has been awhile, but this is Manny from up in Flatwoods.
Yep...its him. He was a pusher for yrs. Fed my addiction quite a bit.

I am in Parkersburg. We need to get some of these WV boys together at a location for a big meet and greet and a GTG.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #14
Been there, done that

I would be down for a GTG, if I'm in home. I'm in Parkersburg by the way, I don't mind driving a couple hours away.
t_kirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post

Racer4life is right... Its me. I remember you manny. Hows its been? Now... in my defense, I never forced you guys into the shop. I cant help it that I stocked what you guys needed... Its not my fault I had crawlers on the counter all the time... OK im guilty.

Now about this club... I dont care if we form a legit club or not, we just need to do regular gtgs. I will travel to crawl as long as I have a heads up at least 2 weeks in advance (the wifes rule... not mine) Saturdays just got freed up since she moved to a diffferent dept at work and I dont have kid duty every saturday. I scoped out some scaler style trails at kanawha state forest that looked very nice (waterproofing a must). Neither of my scalers are finished, but the CC01 should be done in the next week or so. My 2.2 scaler is a ways off from being finished. My comp truck will be running again in the next few hours once I replace a broken axle.

Tiny, can you give us some more info on your crawl spot? Is there room for a small gtg?
Old 09-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Yeah killswitch theres room..Theres a church next door so I got the parking covered. And I'd say "after it's done" (the course that is) I'd have room for 20 or so guys.And like 10 running at once.I did some more looking at the spot and I have a lot more room then I thought.I have like 70-80 foot one way and 80-100 foot the other I can use.Plus that dry creak bed runs up the whole side all the way to the river.the river is where the spot ends.I just need some help clearing it, and more ideas of what and where to put stuff is all.Hell me and one other guy could clear it all in less then a day easy I'd say.And You say you work at a hobby store??? If it's the hobby town in cross lanes or where ever you probably know me.I bought a white summit, the used artr ax10 that came with a bag of tires. a scx10 and a kit ax10 in like 2 weeks . 2 months ago.plus like 3 bodys 6 servos 4 motors and 2 sets of tires and wheels.2 hitec radio and receiver setups the 2 and 3 channels you had.this will be easier. I'm the 6 foot 5 tattooed guy with glasses and a long beard that always wheres a Yankee's hat...lol
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:50 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
Yeah killswitch theres room..Theres a church next door so I got the parking covered. And I'd say "after it's done" (the course that is) I'd have room for 20 or so guys.And like 10 running at once.I did some more looking at the spot and I have a lot more room then I thought.I have like 70-80 foot one way and 80-100 foot the other I can use.Plus that dry creak bed runs up the whole side all the way to the river.the river is where the spot ends.I just need some help clearing it, and more ideas of what and where to put stuff is all.Hell me and one other guy could clear it all in less then a day easy I'd say.And You say you work at a hobby store??? If it's the hobby town in cross lanes or where ever you probably know me.I bought a white summit, the used artr ax10 that came with a bag of tires. a scx10 and a kit ax10 in like 2 weeks . 2 months ago.plus like 3 bodys 6 servos 4 motors and 2 sets of tires and wheels.2 hitec radio and receiver setups the 2 and 3 channels you had.this will be easier. I'm the 6 foot 5 tattooed guy with glasses and a long beard that always wheres a Yankee's hat...lol
I havent worked there in about 3 years, but im pretty sure ive seen you in there. Eric (the guy that works at hobbytown now) just got the ok from the reality company to put a rock pile behind the store for some crawling.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:13 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Racer4life is right... Its me. I remember you manny. Hows its been? Now... in my defense, I never forced you guys into the shop. I cant help it that I stocked what you guys needed... Its not my fault I had crawlers on the counter all the time... OK im guilty.

Now about this club... I dont care if we form a legit club or not, we just need to do regular gtgs. I will travel to crawl as long as I have a heads up at least 2 weeks in advance (the wifes rule... not mine) Saturdays just got freed up since she moved to a diffferent dept at work and I dont have kid duty every saturday. I scoped out some scaler style trails at kanawha state forest that looked very nice (waterproofing a must). Neither of my scalers are finished, but the CC01 should be done in the next week or so. My 2.2 scaler is a ways off from being finished. My comp truck will be running again in the next few hours once I replace a broken axle.

Tiny, can you give us some more info on your crawl spot? Is there room for a small gtg?
It's been going good. I have a little girl now and she has kept me quite busy, but now I am finding time to get back into rc, scalers especially.

No you never forced us to buy anything, but you sure made it easy. lol

I have never been to Kanawha state forest but I love running scalers (maybe someday I will have mine finished) and it will be water proof, but I have to be careful not to go in too deep. It would make me sad if my driver or his copilot drowned. Of course I also have the 3racing winch, which is by no means water proof.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #19

count me in. i would love to see an event similar to the crawl for kids even if it was just an informal gtg. it would be cool to get some crawling in with some guys who know what there doing so i wont be a permanent newb lol.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #20

Are you guys still doing this?
only_in_a_yj is offline   Reply With Quote