Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > West Virginia

Notices

Thread: Once a month at Coopers Rocks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Once a month at Coopers Rocks?

Hey guys,
I know there are more of us out there from the Morgantown area so start posting up if you're on here. We have a lot of places around the area that would be great for crawling and the more people the better.

As of now, we have 5 to 8 people that want to start meeting at Coopers Rocks once a month once they open. The plan is to have 3 courses with 10 gates and a few bonus gates for shits and giggles. Where going to use the official RC crawler rules for a guideline but be lenient with it and have fun. We have enough rigs now to run a micro, 2.2, sportsman and super class. I want to run 1.9 also but a few of us need to get one first. I think it would be good times to have some comps for fun and see where it goes from there. If we get something going we can start changing spots if need be. Who know maybe we can get a Northern West Virginia club out of it. The main thing is to have a good time with it.

Like I said, I know there is more of us around the area. Hell, Outlaw is always selling a crawler to someone. Where are all you guys at? Maybe most are like my buddies and are not Internet savvy. I know ones on here, Scott post up.

Any suggestions welcome!
Mikeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
Been there, done that

Sounds like a good idea. I have a 2.2, a few scale rigs, and a super(I better get to fixing it up). I'm in Parkersburg, as is Racer4Life, I would be up for going to Motown for a comp or a g2g, just let me know when you have some more concrete plans.
t_kirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_kirl View Post
Sounds like a good idea. I have a 2.2, a few scale rigs, and a super(I better get to fixing it up). I'm in Parkersburg, as is Racer4Life, I would be up for going to Motown for a comp or a g2g, just let me know when you have some more concrete plans.
Nice! I hope you guys can make it up. How could I forget the scalers, we will do something for them also. I'm going to get started on some dates and times so we can see if it works for everyone.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #4

I'll be there mike
dlamb11877sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamb11877sf View Post
I'll be there mike
You the man.
I'm thinking about starting a Facebook group for Northern WV RC Crawlers. It may be kind of gay but I'm trying to get the word out on this. Any ideas for the Facebook group name?
Old 02-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Im willing to drive to comp/gtg on a regular basis. It will make it easier to get clearance from the ball and chain if it becomes a regular thing once a month. I know I can get others that would be willing to make the trip occassionally as well from down here.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Im willing to drive to comp/gtg on a regular basis. It will make it easier to get clearance from the ball and chain if it becomes a regular thing once a month. I know I can get others that would be willing to make the trip occassionally as well from down here.

That's good to hear, I hope you guys can make it up. That's the main reason we are trying to get this organized so we have something to tell the wives and we are not just play with our "toys" (Like they like to call them). I thought you guys had some comp/gtg going on down south?
Old 02-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeney View Post
That's good to hear, I hope you guys can make it up. That's the main reason we are trying to get this organized so we have something to tell the wives and we are not just play with our "toys" (Like they like to call them). I thought you guys had some comp/gtg going on down south?
I crawl on a fairly regular basis with crawler23 in dunbar, but its on privately owned land and the owners arent big on having anymore than 2 or 3 people there at a time. There are a few "things in the works" for this spring and summer, but nothing definite yet. Im really wanting to comp/gtg enough to prepare for the southeast crawler cup or one of the other larger events this summer.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

It would be cool if you guys can get something worked out but you're more then welcome to come up. I'm pretty sure we are a go with Coopers, even if it's just the 6 we have now. We are also welcome to do our thing at one of our buddies farm, we just need to set a course up. He has a pavilion with power set up in it, I think we're going to do a course near it so we have a place to plug in if need be.
Dlamb is one of guys that's helping with this. We have a course set up at work, that's how most of us got sucked in to crawlers.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #10

i'm in my son and I have 2.2 rigs and live in morgaintown. We are new to it but it sounds like fun.
westvirginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by westvirginia View Post
i'm in my son and I have 2.2 rigs and live in morgaintown. We are new to it but it sounds like fun.
Hope you guys make it up.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I'm in Preston Co, not home a lot as I travel for work but would be interested in meeting up if I can.
I have an AX-10, my son has a Nylint until he builds a Creeper.
What class is a Nylint? Super heavy POS class
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #13

I live in Fairmont and would love to get involved.
_TRX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

It's starting to look like we'll have a go turn out.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #15

I am about 50 miles south of motown. I wouldnt mind coming up one in a while.
jcbll95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

im in morgantown myself. are you guys still doing this sort of thing now? looking to get back into the crawling scene.
BEAST02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #17

i am in petersburg and would be willing to make the trip am orginally from morgantown and also i have some great areas up here there is seneca rocks which is awesome and dolly sods and spruce knobs and all are great spots and many terrains i ve been look for some comps got a few crawlers and i the progress of more

rs10xt with gmade r1 chassis
rs10 with tuber chassis
venom creeper in the works
berg artr
irishfabricator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeney View Post
I thought you guys had some comp/gtg going on down south?

we have a scale gtg about every week end though out the spring and summer, here in st. albans. i also have a small course in my back yard, that i'll be adding sevral ton more rock this spring, we have cook outs and crawls there a couple times a month.

last week also started the building of hurricane hills crawler park.

all the wv people should check out wvmotorsports.com we have a rc section, as well as everything else in the state.

and the hurricanehillsrc.com theres quite a few of us that would love to come up and crawl with you guys, wvms has a lot of motown members, so im sure it can be a a good gtg
jbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I live in Hurricane and I wouldn't mind to come up and run every chance I can. Maybe some of us down this way can ride together and share the cost of fuel.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #20
RCC Addict

I was all for Coopers Rock last year and never heard anything else about it...