RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   West Virginia (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/west-virginia/)
-   -   Hurricane Hills Crawler Park (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/west-virginia/292655-hurricane-hills-crawler-park.html)

CaptainSafety 01-14-2011 12:13 PM

Hurricane Hills Crawler Park

Some of you may have seen me talking about building an indoor crawling park here at my house in Hurricane. That will hopefully start this summer but in the mean time i am looking for some help to build a few trails around my property. I have 6 acres, 2 creeks, and lots of woods nearby. I figure the best way to get something going is to have an open day of crawling and get people over to forge some trails. I know of a great spot or five for trail courses. I have a bunch of busted concrete in the creek we can move around for a rock garden. A bridge abutment is nearby for hill climbs also. The good thing about this is i own the land so we can do whatever we want (within reason)

As for the indoor park, If there in interest and i can get help building it (manpower and supplies) I'll dedicate one bay of my garage to creating an indoor rock garden / trials course.

The ultimate goal is to create a local place where we can get together and crawl, have competitions, etc. If you help build or provide supplies you crawl free (other than registering for competitions), other wise it's gonna be donation that will go to improving the courses.

Plenty of parking here and it will be BYOB and i'll have some tools ready.

So once the weather breaks check here for some tentative dates on when we can get together to do this.

CaptainSafety 01-14-2011 01:42 PM

An"thumbsup"d we need a TTC course.

Moparguy 01-14-2011 04:38 PM

I will help as much as I can. It may help that I live so close.

jbeane 01-14-2011 06:55 PM

you know im in man. i forgot about the creeks out there. the sa city park creek is a bad ass place to crawl as well.

but either way, man im in. im sure joey, aaron, and sevral others are in.

jbeane 01-14-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainSafety (Post 2860747)
An"thumbsup"d we need a TTC course.

me and joey are building a pulling sled. and were gona build some ttc spots here at my house also. so we can deff have some good comps this spring/summer/fall

Onebdgti 01-14-2011 08:49 PM

I will help and like Beane said theres a few more that will help out. It would be nice to have a place to have a friendly comp at.

CaptainSafety 01-14-2011 09:51 PM

Cool. Let's plan on getting together once the weather breaks to get going on the outdoor parts

jbeane 01-14-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainSafety (Post 2861849)
Cool. Let's plan on getting together once the weather breaks to get going on the outdoor parts

you need to knock off the 3rd axle and make you a 4x4 and come to cbus with us.

were going this sunday to boulder house to watch the 2.2 points series comp, and play on the rocks some with our scales.

then going back in a few weeks for a scale comp.

PhantomRS10 01-14-2011 10:55 PM

sweet

CaptainSafety 01-15-2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbeane (Post 2861952)
you need to knock off the 3rd axle and make you a 4x4 and come to cbus with us.

were going this sunday to boulder house to watch the 2.2 points series comp, and play on the rocks some with our scales.

then going back in a few weeks for a scale comp.

I have a 2.2 4x4 tlt based rig right now. all it needs is a steering servo and a smaller pack (i just use stick packs to bash) to be competitive. However, Once i get the 6x6 done i am going to get a xr10 with the UGC fastback bodyless chassis i think and use it as a comp rig. I really want something with dig and as much as i like shafty's they just aren't as capable. I'll probably put scx10 axles on my current chassis and let my stepson play with it

jbeane 01-15-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainSafety (Post 2862225)
I have a 2.2 4x4 tlt based rig right now. all it needs is a steering servo and a smaller pack (i just use stick packs to bash) to be competitive. However, Once i get the 6x6 done i am going to get a xr10 with the UGC fastback bodyless chassis i think and use it as a comp rig. I really want something with dig and as much as i like shafty's they just aren't as capable. I'll probably put scx10 axles on my current chassis and let my stepson play with it

i hear ya. holycaveman is the one that runs boulder house, changed his ''open'' days to sat, so we could come up more. hes willing to set up some scale comps on sat's so were deff going back after this sunday.

JeepNJason 01-15-2011 06:56 PM

hey there

Just found this site and I would be interested in helping out and or just meeting up somewhere for some crawling/trail running. I live in cross lanes and work in winfield so anywhere in Kan or Putnam counties would be great. You can send me a message on here if you need anymore info

jbeane 01-15-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepNJason (Post 2863308)
Just found this site and I would be interested in helping out and or just meeting up somewhere for some crawling/trail running. I live in cross lanes and work in winfield so anywhere in Kan or Putnam counties would be great. You can send me a message on here if you need anymore info

good to know theres more crawlers comming out of the closet. we have meets about every week end in the spring/summer/fall. we normally post the meets on wvmotorsports.com but will start posting them here as well.

CaptainSafety 01-15-2011 09:30 PM

Well i just traded my TXT for a hardbody hilux scx10, the rally for a set of TLT axles to finish the 6x6, and a possible sale of my homemade courier scaler. Needless to say i'm happy right now :)

I go the TLT going today again and started trying to resurrect my batteries. I REALLY need some lipos. This 5 cell pack i made and stuck on the front axle is killing me. Also in my neat future, once the 6x6 s done, i see a XR10 with UGC viper chassis and Novak M2 dig. "thumbsup"

Onebdgti 01-15-2011 09:37 PM

Well guys I got me a hell of a deal on a SCX10 roller. So I'm gonna be building me one heck of TTC truck so watch out here I come. :lmao:

CaptainSafety 01-15-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebdgti (Post 2863632)
Well guys I got me a hell of a deal on a SCX10 roller. So I'm gonna be building me one heck of TTC truck so watch out here I come. :lmao:

Cool. We are definitely going to have to have a TTC series this summer.

killswitch 01-15-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainSafety (Post 2863619)
Well i just traded my TXT for a hardbody hilux scx10

You suck. That's my next build... Itchin to do a Hilux.

CaptainSafety 01-15-2011 10:02 PM

"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by killswitch (Post 2863656)
You suck. That's my next build... Itchin to do a Hilux.

This one is a little rough so it will probably get a fresh coat of paint

mar618 01-16-2011 06:15 PM

im in milton ,let me know when you need help

CaptainSafety 01-16-2011 07:55 PM

Will do. I have several project rc's right now to get ready while the weather is bad.