Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Bender Park

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Bender Park

Going this weekend to check out this cliff side park. If there isn't alot of rock it should still provide some steep hillside climbs. I'll give an update on Sunday. If it pans out, the great thing is it's in Milwaukee.
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2008, 06:56 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

When you gonna be there? Wherabout in Milwaukee it is? I may have a couple of hours today to head off somewhere for some R/C action.
MrNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Sorry we couldn't hook up Nate. But I got down there today. Here are some pic's. It looks very promising.

I don't know what do you guys think.
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Looks like it could be nice. A lot less dirt / gravel between these than on the lakefront in Racine, so that's good. I'll probably go check it out next weekend.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Guys,

I stopped by the rocks north of the boat launch at Bender Park today. I had my Scorpion RTR with me and found several sections where I could get several rocks in a row to work well. I am new to this and I am sure someone with more experience could pick some great courses through the rocks. It would be cool to get a few established courses that would offer a challenge but still be doable.

My Scorpion is straight out of the box so tomorrow I am going to install the front locker, move the suspension around, trim the body and maybe get to a shock mod to lower the truck some. Also have to get to the tires and weight the front plus cut the foam and add air holes to the wheels.

I may make it down there Sunday again.

BTW, if the wind is out of the east you may see me flying RC planes from the bluff at the top!

Greg
schmenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I got over to the Bender Rocks again today. Still trying to find some nice long runs. I found a section near where you walk onto the beach that worked pretty well.

Now that I have the front locker in, the 14-tooth pinion and the body cut and lowered the Scorpion RTR worked better. I still have several easy mods to go just not much tome to spend. Oh, and I got a Tamiya CR-01 today too!

Greg
schmenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:43 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I was out there this afternoon and it really is promising. That stretch that you photographed there has some good routes that a 2.2 can crawl. I would take some time to pick them out and plan your course, but I spent at least 30 minutes on the rocks and it was great. Got myself stuck a few times because of poor planning, but I think that it's not unreasonable for a 2.2.