Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Milwaukee RC Rock Crawling Spot - Bradford Beach

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Milwaukee RC Rock Crawling Spot - Bradford Beach

I don't live too far from Milwaukee's Bradford Beach which is on the shore of Lake Michigan on Milwaukee's Eastside.

I figured that the parking lot just south of the beach would have some potential and I was not disappointed. At least 3 distinct types of fill have been added at different times and present very different terrain.

South of the lot is newer rock, from the deep tunnel project I believe. These are large pieces and while I noticed some routes in the mix it seemed that they were short and then became impassible. Perhaps when I get better! Also, some of the holes end up in water!

Directly out front of the lot is much more hospitable and consists of construction debris and rocks mixed in. There are a bunch of courses through here. Some interesting terrain like an old set of concrete stairs too. In addition there is a small beach out front.

On the north end of the lot are a bunch of square rocks. Big ones too. There are little canyons in amongst these.

This lot can be very crowded especially on hot summer days and on weekends. I like this area in the early morning or off season. That said, if you don't mind questions form folks passing by this is a great place to be seen and to promote our sport.

Greg
Mini Speedway
Attached Images

schmenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

i just might have to go and check these places out they look awesome!
newbie8324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Guys,

I finally had a rig and a camera at Bradford Beach on the same day. I spent about an hour and 45 minutes and I don't think I ever worked the same line twice!
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Default Other side of the pond

Hey schmenzer,

I am envious of that patch to crawl in.
I'm almost directly across the pond in Holland Mich. We have way more sand then rocks. What rocks they put down in channel/harbor areas look like the really big (5+ft) square cut ones you had in one pic.

Really nice area!!

sweli
sweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweli View Post
Hey schmenzer,

I am envious of that patch to crawl in.
I'm almost directly across the pond in Holland Mich. We have way more sand then rocks. What rocks they put down in channel/harbor areas look like the really big (5+ft) square cut ones you had in one pic.

Really nice area!!

sweli
Yeah, the big, square rocks are either too flat on top or too far apart but they laid down in two parallel rows and the canyon in between is really cool for scale rigs. I'll get some pix some day.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
MWRCA'er

My brother and I plan to make crawler stops along the milwaukee coastline next saturday night on our way north. What do you feel is the best of the several areas you have posted? I need to test a comp crawler and a few scalers.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

The spot at Bradford Beach is probably the most varied terrain and the North Point spot is only 1/2 to 3/4 miles north. I'd love to meet up as I am the only person I've ever crawled with. What time are you coming through?

Greg
Old 07-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #8
MWRCA'er

We will probably stop for a few hours around 4:00. But, it really all depends on long it will take for my brother to get out of work.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote