Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Port Washington, WI Rock Crawling Site

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Port Washington, WI Rock Crawling Site

About 25 miles north of Milwaukee is Port Washington, Wisconsin. Right on the lake, just north of the Harbor, is a cool spot for Rock Crawling. Like many spots along the lake, the rc crawling area is fill to stop shore erosion. The rocks stretch 1/4 mile or more between the harbor breakwater and the water filtration plant just before you go up the bluff into North Lake Park. I had my Scorpion with me and I found several good courses through the the rocks and I am sure there are many more for the exploring.

One thing I really like about the crawling spots along the lake is the fact that on a hot day it is usually the coolest spot to be. After seeing 90 degrees plus just 10 miles inland it was only in the upper 70's right where I was crawling. Sweet!

This is a pretty easy spot to find. Just head into downtown Port Washington, find Jackson St. and head a couple of blocks east and you are there.
Attached Images

schmenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2008, 01:02 AM   #2
MWRCA'er

Thats not a bad spot...

Reminds me of when I went to florida looks exacly like the rock they crawl out there.

The only thing that is sort of inforcunate about erosion control rock is that it is often on a heavy slope to water.

Looks like a killer spot though, definitly without a doubt the best I've seen posted in this section.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Looks like a really nice spot.
eddy4753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
Thats not a bad spot...

Reminds me of when I went to florida looks exacly like the rock they crawl out there.

The only thing that is sort of inforcunate about erosion control rock is that it is often on a heavy slope to water.

Looks like a killer spot though, definitly without a doubt the best I've seen posted in this section.

This spot has a beach at the bottom that means you won't roll into the water. Some of the route I found start on the beach and climb to the top of the pile. There are more along the top too. Normally, if my Scorpion tips over on this type of rock it gets caught right at the gap that caused the roll.

Did I post Big Bay yet? It is better. If not, I'll do it now.
schmenzer is offline   Reply With Quote