LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Round 2 - Jefferson Comp

Sunday... Sunday... Sunday!!!

Round 2 - 2.2 Class Comp
Jefferson, WI

Date: Sunday, August 17th
Start Time: 12:00 PM - Registration up to the start of the event.
Details: 3 courses, 6-8 gates each. 8 minute time limit and NO MAX POINT LIMIT! 1st run in registration order, then switch to lowest points first for the next 2 courses. We will run each course together. We are going to stick to the time limit this to complete 3 courses on time.
Cost: $5

We will be using the USRCCA 08' Rules found here:Official RC Crawler Rules 2005-2010

See pictures and results from the last event here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129150

Water, soda and snacks available on site.
No public bathrooms available, outdoor rules apply!
No power available at this time.

If you need more information email me at slick_23_00@yahoo.com, or just send a pm.

We are starting to pool a few people from Wisconsin, this is a great chance to get together to talk about setting up an event around the Milwaukee area, or else where.

Thank you, and hope for good weather. We'll see you there. FYI - The tent is still up. Should make for another good event.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #2

Default Heated competition?

Slick went medeivel on his ride! Completely unrecognizabe from 2 weeks ago! One of the items he got was a set of .800 wide delrin wheels.In a fit of jealousy i made a set out of nylon.I figured if .800 was better than stock,.690 was better yet! Now im thinking this will not be a good set up after building them,but gotta try em anywho! Was wondering if Great Stuff foam will hold up to crawler traffic? If so,it would allow some temporary,easily reversibe changes to the course.If its strong enough,it could hold rocks in place. Ive got some more free laptop batteries (lithium ion about 2000 mah left from original 4000)from recycling at work if anyone would like a pair(free!),let me know,and ill bring em with!
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...7/100_0713.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...7/100_0714.jpg
oicu812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I am 90% sure that I will make it. The wife variable is the other 10%.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

just bring the wife along
newbie8324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Today was freakin awesome. It was my first comp I didn't do so well ( ran a CR-01). I can't wait for my parts to come in for my axial tuber. I have pic's and video's of todays action. I'm in for the next GTG or comp.

Thanks Goz.
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #6
tjb
Rock Crawler

It's good to see some more cheezheads getting into holding comps.. The WI thread has been pretty weak over the last year'ish

Keep it up
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Default Results

That’s how a comp should be. Drive! Drive! Drive!

Thanks to all that came out and help make a successful event. The weather was hot, but the tent gave great shade. We dropped some bombs on the course moving rock last week to mix it up and create new lines. I was a little leery early in the week, and thought getting 3 courses was going to be hard without running the same lines but it worked out great. Once again some slight tweaks to the rules allowed all participants to be competitive and opportunity to drive the course! It was great to see some new faces, and even a 1st time driver! Dave was branded the “Throttle Master” (see eye candy, truck on the roof). With very little wheel time, and jumping into his first comp he learned that going slow is better. I was surprised to see how well the CR-01 did. A little tweaking on the steering and Gozers never die attitude made for a great 1st run but breaking in the second was a bummer. Props to Ed for the driver in his rig, made for some great pics!

A BIG thanks to Gozer and the guys at RCSLOT.COM for stepping up and donating 2 pairs of Losi claws and memory foam for a raffle! Total unexpected!!!

Oh, and we did in fact verify that a ARTR will not climb a power pole, 89 degrees is too steep.

The results were:
RCCrawler user ID or Name - Course 1 / Course 2 / Course 3 / Total

OICU812____6 / 46 / 38 / 90
Slick________2 / 77 / 13 / 92
Schmenzer__1 / 73 / 48/122
Guardrail____0 / 63 / 62 / 125
Eddy4753___19 / 66 / 83 / 168
Dave_______91 / 105 / 138 / 334
Gozer______98 / 57 / DNS / 155

EYE CANDY!
Attached Images

Last edited by slick; 08-17-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I had a super time once again. Good to meet a couple of new guys. Thanks for another excellent comp and a double thanks for keeping the tent up! A bit warmer this time! Also, thanks to RCSLOT for donating prizes. I won a pair of Losi Rock Claws and will put them to good use!
schmenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:10 PM   #9
tjb
Rock Crawler

How late in the year do you guys plan to run? It's a solid 3+hr drive for me, but might be able to swing coming down late Oct'ish....
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Being my first Comp I really didn't know what to expect, but as it turned out, it was great. I learned a lot and all of you guys were very helpfully and a lot of fun to be with. I want to thank all of you and I am looking forward to our next outing.

ED
eddy4753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

We really don't have firm plans for events. Since we started late in the year the goal was to schedule around other events and what the consensus is on who can make it on any given date. We will have events as late in the year as reasonably possible.

Were looking at after labor day for the next event, possibly the 6th or 7th of September, and possible in the Milwaukee area.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #12

Are there any plans to compete again this year or is the season over. I'm only a few minutes from Jefferson and looking for some good competition.
bimmerben is offline   Reply With Quote