Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Indoor Losi Mini Crawler Legue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Indoor Losi Mini Crawler Legue

Guys,

We are going to be running a Losi Spec Class/League on the indoor course at Mini Speedway. I think we will run two league comps a month. At this point I plan to start Comps the first week of October with a GTG or two beforehand to test out the course.

I'd like to nail down the class rules so we can get a start on the rigs.

Obviously, for the Spec class, we will be using the Losi Mini Crawler. If you haven't run one of these yet they are a blast! Our goal is not to get out of hand with custom rigs but to allow easy and inexpensive changes to improve performance while still keeping a consistent and competitive class.

Please add to or discuss this list:

Shocks - Open
Batteries - Losi Stock only or Allow LiPos??
Wheel Weights -Allowed
Tires - Stock only
Wheels - ???
Body - Open

Allowable Mods - Suggestions

Thanks in advance for your input!
schmenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

OK I got my mini and I'm ready to rock. I say keep the cars as stock as possible to keep it relatively inexpensive. Wheel weights and shock oil and springs are all that can be changed.
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

lets do this, and keep the rigs as stock as possible. maybe different bodies, but same body mounting locations. be able to move the electronics, and maybe lipos?
newbie8324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

After having some time to look at mine and drive some more.

My 2 cents:
Shocks - don't care, I will run stock.
Batteries - Losi Stock, decent run time, and a lipo might help, but I was considering cutting the front battery stop, and moving the stock battery forward by 2 inches and zip tie in place.
Wheel Weights - Allowed
Tires / Wheels - Stock only - No moding what so ever!
Body - What ever is designated for the losi

I think we could also allow relocating the electronics.

I think if we do a GTG it would be a great opportunity to vote on rules. Out of the box the truck actually worked really well. The closer to stock we stay, the more attractive it will be to peopel new to the hobby.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the input so far. I'm leaning toward stock components only with the only addition being wheel weights. Relocating of the electronics is also a possibility. The truck is pretty darn good out of the box!

I am up for a GTG and discussion. Wed and Thur nights plus Weekends are OK with me. I am normally at the shop anyway!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Where is the shop located so we can have a gander at the establishment?
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

hey greg when r u going to have your indoor course ready to go?
Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I'm not sure I'd go for a mini crawler, but if I do, I'd be begging to allow 2s lipo. Mostly that's just personal preference, but I've got almost everything I own on lipo now and have been weeding out the nimh packs for the past year or so.

Any chance you'll do any 2.2 comps there, too?
MrNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:48 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Guys,

The shop is at 3720 N. Fratney Unit 2B. That is just outside Shorewood and a couple of blocks south of Capitol.

My space is 1200 sq/ft and I use it for the Mini-Z track, Rock Course and some model airplane manufacturing. The space is in a loft style building with artists, musicians and the like and usually has locked doors after 6PM. PM me for my phone and I will know you are coming!

I am still working out what days I can be there consistently. It looks like Wed 5-9, Thur 5-9, Saturday 11-4 and Sunday 11-4. Something like that. I'll know more by October 1.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Guys,

Has anyone been following this thread?

Losi MRC Indoor Spec Class

I asked the general board about their ideas for a MRC class and there is quite a discussion going on.

Remember, the goal here is not to have another rig to spend tons of $$$ on but to have a rig that can be a blast and run throughout the winter indoors.

For my part, at least for the first set of league comps, I like this idea:

So:
1, it has to be affordable
2, there needs to be room for growth.

How about a class that states "if it was in the box it's legal." The exception here being shock oil and springs, and motor gearing. If you want to bend it, take a dremel to it, remove it, or relocate it have fun and share your modifications with anyone that asks.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

yeah, i like those rules you have set up.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #12

I like the no-touchy idea! If you can hide it from tech then you can get away with it (obviously). Batteries: allowing lipo's means you will have to have a lipo to be competitive. It comes with a very adequate battery that will not need a recharge throughout the night. Gearing? Why? it will already tear itself apart (not easily teched and not important, so let it go). Shocks? Oil and limiters are hard to tech, so dont. External appearance wise- stock. Springs- only if they are silver and look exactly stock! Motor and speed control- very adequate out of the box-leave em be! Servo-will easily tear the steering apart. Wheels n tires-no cutting, stock. Someone will find out what makes them sticky, so dust them all with baby powder before we get them back from tech! (and please DO tech them!) I want to be able to bring my friends and have them competitive if they think about their line selection. Mods- we all have 2.2's that are already cut up! Lets keep rolling with those! I think we could get a lot of new interest if we leave it stock. I personally would like to get a bunch of hot nympho's interested in this. We could waive entry fees for lapdances! I wouldnt mind bringing the girlfriend along too (when shes done with all the housework)! What better way than a true box stock class!
oicu812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

i like it oicu812, sounds good. what looks stock gos. i would like to change the bodies, but if not lets keep rolling with what body came with the kit. i really like the posts in the losi mrc section. people r really getting worked up on this.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I also have to agree that out of the box is the way to go. I can also go along with rearranging the stock batt & electronics, shock oil and minor tweaks. When we have enough people and interest a second class can always be generated. Hot nympho's..........I think I am going to buy myself a Losi.
eddy4753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Guys,

We can hash out our local rules on the 28th. The thing is really capable out of the box! I'll have mine at the shop after the comp to run if you don't have one yet.

Oh, BTW, I fully intend to have 2.2 comps as well but more likely not on the same day as the league.

I'm thinking Wed evenings for the Losi MRC class and Sundays for 2.2 rigs.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

i also think that it should stay w/ everything that is included in the box, although you should be able to move things around and add weight to the stock wheels and tires. the stock battery is more than adequate for long run times and its affordable fo people to keep it, so i say keep it. i'm in!

Last edited by jedsled; 09-25-2008 at 08:40 PM.
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote