Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: GTG at kaspers 11/29

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

hey guys, looks like i'm going on saturday now... i found a baby sitter. i look forward to running my comp rig for the first time, it'll be "testing" and i'm sure it'll need some tweaking. cant wait to see you all there!
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Just out of curiosity, what are all you guys running for equipment? Tires, motors, chassis, ect. What seems to work best for the indoor course? Someday I might actually get there!

Thanks in advance.

Troy.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:54 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I am using 65 turn with mamba max and losi claws in one car have badland on another same stuff that works outdoors works fine for my indoor track i will be having some comps or gtg all winter long depending when everyone can make it over so dates are wide open for me
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I'm running a custom tuber with Axial axle's and trans. Novak Rooster Crawler and 55T motot. Proline 8 hole beadlocks. Losi Rock Claws. Next up for my rig is a DIG and an Bender SWX chassis.
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

My rig can be seen here Just another ARTR - Slight Mods....

Not really much has changed since this post on the 2.2.

I will also be bringing my MRC up and will be interested to see how it does compaired with the 2.2's on this course. It looks like the rocks are larger but not too large. So far I have been very impressed with this littel truck and feel that the only limiting factor is wheel base. At the last comp in Milwaukee I ran the same courses after the comp was over and the only sections that it truly fell flat on it face (or lid) were areas that required wheel base. Spanning gaps that are a cake walk for a 2.2 and cresting rock that are difficult on 2.2 are impossible for the MRC. For the investment it is by far best bang for the buck!

See ya'll this weekend!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Hey guys, I just won this chassis (minus trans) off of RCMT. Think it has any potential?
Old 11-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I figure we will start at noon i work till noon on saturday i know the boss so i can leave early oh thats right im the boss if you want to google my address its 1818 Bouten St Appleton 54915 or you can meet me at the shop which is 2 blocks away 1114 Valley Rd Menasha 54952 from milwaukee take 41 north you will pass Oshkosh then 12 miles or so is Neenah you will be travling north on 41 on the right hand side you will see Bergstrom Ford next exit is Bergtrom Chevy next exit is Bergstrom used car lot which is Winchestor Rd the very next exit is exit 134 hwy 10 441 take that exit it will take you over a bridge after the bridge go to the third exit hwy 47 Appleton Rd at the bottom of the ramp take a left 2nd light is KFC Mcdonalds turn left shop is on right hand side one block down Valley Rd if you are traveling to my house go straight threw that intersection keep going you will pass an express gas station and a bank on the corner go throug that next light and there will be a soldier and a flag pole in the middle of the road that is memorial drive the very first right is Verbrick turn right next intersection is Bouten turn left i am the third house on the right brown house new siding have no address on house yet ta da you are there if you get lost give me a call 920-313-0027 you apparently did not follow my top notch directions............chris
Old 11-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Yeah that will work. What are you going to build a AX10? If so get the STRC delrin skid. Add a Axial color pack, Axle's, and trans. I just qouted out the axles, trans, slipper, and HD lockers for around $120 or look around here for some used parts. What brand chassis is that an NN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
Hey guys, I just won this chassis (minus trans) off of RCMT. Think it has any potential?
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:01 AM   #29
RCC Addict

That is the Diablo crawler chassis by RC4WD, cost me $20 worth of raffle tickets. It lists for $100. Except for a transmission and decent tires, I should have evrything to put some kind of machine together. Can't wait till it gets here!

Troy.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

troy, just bring ur scaler for sat., u dont need a comp rig to run and have fun, doit doit.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #31
RCC Addict

I wish I could make it Saturday, but thats the one out of every tenth weekend I have to work . I'm sure my scaler would do ok on the course, and be lots of fun. I'm still trying to find a set of shocks and a setup for the Riinox tuber that will perform the way I want it to (the Team Zero's are too long for it). The Diablo chassis will prolly get whatever I have on hand, or can fab for it. Should be pretty capable if I do it right. Anyway, have fun guys, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Troy.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:31 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

will be cooking up some pizza on saturday if anyone is interested i figure we can start at noon
Old 11-29-2008, 12:29 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what are all you guys running for equipment? Tires, motors, chassis, ect. What seems to work best for the indoor course? Someday I might actually get there!

Thanks in advance.

Troy.
heres a link to my new comp rig build... if you got any questions, just ask!
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...75#post1449075
Old 11-29-2008, 01:02 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

theres a chance i might not make it guys, the babysitter fell thru... if ya dont see me there, have fun! i will catch ya at the next kasper saturday gtg!
Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #35
Rock Stacker

Default hey you guys

Just remember to clue me in on any true comps. this winter. Me and kasper just talked about setting something up from now on to do actual course with gates and all. ttyl guys Jason
IbeenHalved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

Talking my set up

I am running now axial axles and tranny. mip driveshafts. axial front cvds and strc rear lockout.Hand made sideplates by my guy dan from the track . delrin skid compliments of kasper himself, thanks bud, fiego 1050 outrunner with a sidewinder castle esc. 1500miah 8 cell nickles and panther cougars. all spektrumized as well. if you want to drive it just say so lol come over to kaspers anyone, its there for fun. i am now building a trail truck with WK axles and stuff pede trans and brushless. hope to get some more pics up here camera stinks but talk to you all later guys Jason
IbeenHalved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeenHalved View Post
Just remember to clue me in on any true comps. this winter. Me and kasper just talked about setting something up from now on to do actual course with gates and all. ttyl guys Jason
did you go yesterday? how was it? wish i coulda been there...
Old 11-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

I will post some pics tommorow we had seven of us and ran 2 courses i will be making a few posts most likely a poll on which day everybody wants to or can make the trip the comps were cool as hell or at least till my last gate where i made several rollovers and could not flip the car unless i touched it ordered a baja body today from ckrc after watching the video and your welcome Jason you help me out all the time with the crawlers some times my eye sight sucks and your help is greatly appreciated glad to have you as a friend thanks bro.

We also do gtg every wednesday but there will be several weekend comps hoping to have one every third weekend or more if people are interrested.................kasper