kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

should work out for me. who else???
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:04 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I should be in depending on how much Snow we get. How long do you guys normaly run? So I can tell the babysitter when I'll be home

Mitch
MrLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Hey Chris and the crawler crew, I'd like to stop by and check out the action. I'll be racing the Jump Truck class on Saturdays at HT, but it's usually over around 5. Been meaning to get there for awhile now. One of these times I'll actually make it. The Diablo build is halfway done, it's going slow but getting there . Maybe I'll get lucky and win some of the parts I need/want. Looks like we're all entered in the same giveaways.

Troy.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

thats cool swing by when your done racing in oshkosh my daughter is moving back in so hwe bwdroom is starting to get cleaned out kinda have all kinds of racing stuff packed in there now but dads got to do what he has to for the kid
Old 12-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

what time is everyone getting there?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

We start at noon normally i think jason and traldawg wont be showing up rill later in the afternoon after the race there having in oshkosh at hobbytown
Old 12-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I will be there. I will need directions thou.

Mitch
Old 12-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Default meet me

heyt mitch just meet me at the store about 5pm i will be haeading there right after work. I am definitely coming. maybe my tranny will be here by then so i can get it put in right away. cant wait.
IbeenHalved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

hey mitch, jason, what time you guys gonna be there at? i dont want to go early and hafta leave before everyone gets there.... i'm guessin you guys are goin after 5pm then?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

I got to check with my babysitters and see if that is cool. I was planning on going up at noon but if Jason and Troy are going up at 5 I would like to wait for them to.

I will let everyone know my plans first thing in the morning.

Jedsled if I go at noon are you going to go up then... I dont want to be the only one.

Mitch
Old 12-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLucky13 View Post
I got to check with my babysitters and see if that is cool. I was planning on going up at noon but if Jason and Troy are going up at 5 I would like to wait for them to.

I will let everyone know my plans first thing in the morning.

Jedsled if I go at noon are you going to go up then... I dont want to be the only one.

Mitch
mitch, i also want to go up when everyone else is there, and it looks like that will be after 5pm, unless someone says something else otherwise. if you're coming from plymouth, i live in fondy, right off johnson st., so you could ride with me from there. i'll pm you my number so you have it.

kasper, do you know when jason and troy plan on being there?
Old 12-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Jason was over wednesday night he said he works till 5 he said he would leave aftr work so i am guessing 6 pm or so thats all i know
Old 12-21-2008, 12:14 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

just got home from the gtg at kasper's, as always, kasper was a great host, and boy, did he dominate that second course! i still think he cheated... +50 points kasper!

dave pretty much cleaned house on the first course, all while making fun of kasper's "femmy" green paint! it obviously doesnt matter that kasper is dave's boss. thanks for giving me some much needed perspective on the course.

jason is the only one i know of who can crawl his rig while giving everyone advice and putting one of kasper's many crawlers togather- all at the same time. jason, btw, i know i stopped you in oshkosh a couple of years back, stop fibbing!

mitch got the long-distance award, coming all the way from plymouth in horrible driving conditions. they call him mr. lucky, and he didnt disappoint on the course! i, of course, was razzing him a little bit.

jason's woman jen... she's a cool chick, isnt any girl who likes to rockcrawl, cool? we talked about our knee injuries, she served in the army, and can probably beat up jason, and she totally destroyed every tennisball she could find on the second course... on purpose.

and then there's the last guy, i'm blanking on his name right now, but i was waiting to hear him rip on the oshkosh coppers. i think hes probably an anarchist, but he was still cool, and he can crawl his stocker ax10 pretty great! i bet the next time i see him, he'll be talking about how he got into some high-speed pursuit with the police and rammed his way thru a roadblock while throwing molatove cocktails out the car window.... just kidding bud.

and me, well, it was my first time crawling my slingshot comp rig, and i didnt do very well... my panther tires would "suck into" any small pocket made between boulders, and i tried to rely way too much on my dig, which cost me alot of points and put me into some not-needed situations... obviously it was my first time using the dig. since i hadnt really crawled w/ my comp rig before, i wasnt familiar w/ its characteristics, and it showed. i still have some sorting out to do w/ set-up on it. i had just painted my "rock cop" rockstar body before going to the gtg, and it took a beating! i switched from panthers to rock claws on the second course and the rig crawled much better. after our comp, i ran my edge on the second course and did ten times better with it. although the rear steer helped, i did better, just because i was familiar with its handling. i did take some pics of everyones' rigs (except mine), and will be posting them up in the next couple of days. those who missed it, be sure to come next time, it was a blast!
Old 12-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like fun guys. I should be able the make the GTG on the first if it happens. Thats if I can get up after the New Years partying.
THAT1GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I think a good time was had by all, I made a couple of changes to my AX10 today (added Sidewinder, MIP front axels, JR radio) hopefully the ESC will help on the cables. After watching the dig in use I may look into adding one. I am also thinking about running a brushless motor to see if the speed and torque help in trying to rock back onto the rubber side after my many trips to roof town. Maybe santa will bring some crawler parts, but I doubt it....
Stinkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:05 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyy View Post
I think a good time was had by all, I made a couple of changes to my AX10 today (added Sidewinder, MIP front axels, JR radio) hopefully the ESC will help on the cables. After watching the dig in use I may look into adding one. I am also thinking about running a brushless motor to see if the speed and torque help in trying to rock back onto the rubber side after my many trips to roof town. Maybe santa will bring some crawler parts, but I doubt it....
I wouldn't get a brushless for a AX10, Get a good 35t motor and run a 3 cell lipo. You will the wheel speed, torque, and still have good throttle control.
THAT1GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

I had a great time guys. It was harder than I though running a course. Seems a lot easier when your just messing around. But thanks again to Kasper . And nice to meet you Jed... Where's the pics you took.

See everyone on the 1st.

Mitch
Old 12-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

heres the pics, enjoy!

... and because noone took pics of mine, heres some from home w/ my new body.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Comp results rd1 rd2 total

Stinkyy {Dave} 5 16 21
kasper 33 9 42
Pitbitch {Zac} 29 51 80
Jason 43 37 82
Jedsled {Jed} 66 32 98
Jennifer 82 72 154
Mrlucky13 {Mitch}82 dns

Jennifer never drove a rock crawler till she showed up not to bad for her first outting........................kasper