Go anyways 3 75.00%
go on sunday 1 25.00%
next week 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Devils Lake in WI Nov. 12th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2005, 06:39 AM   #41
Rock Stacker

I'll meet you all at the park. I'll be there sometime before noon. Still thinking about moving the battery and electronics around. The weight is still 50/50 and I want to move some foward. Other than that, I'll I have to do is charge some batteries.

Picked up an Escalade EXT shell and right away screwed the paint up. Was supposed to be bright yellow with a bit of pearl. The test piece looked sweet, but the body came out looking like ghetto gold pearl. I guess if it had spinners it would be "bangin' "
Halfj-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2005, 11:03 AM   #42
MWRCA'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole82
What's with your feed back mnster?
Sounds like there is a lot more people this time.
10 days away it's getting close
<<<<<< your talking about this right?
Ah some newbie thought he was smarter then me in the reversed tires thread. I spook the truth, he spoke lies whoever he was left me a negitive feed back.

Yeah there is a few more guys coming along this time, Soya, Lofty, Thumbman, a guy from chitown, plus all the guys that came last time and possibly a few others that have posted in this thread. Should be fun I can't wait to go back.

Some time before 12:00 sounds like a good time to arrive it gets dark at 5:00.

Last edited by Mnster; 11-02-2005 at 11:18 AM.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:28 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Owndizzled.
Soya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #44
MWRCA'er

Yeah it's my only feedback so eventually it will wipe clean. Hopefully

I'll be driving the the black newer Honda CRV again if anybody spots me.

I fixed my radio and the rear steering, now I'm just waiting on the alum knuckles.

I still am debating to pickup a few more axle spare parts axle tubes, gearcases, that kinda thing.

For traxxas radio frequencys Soya is red, I'm yellow, my brothers is green. I'll try to bring along a extra set of blue.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #45

I still might be there. It all depends how my cousin is doing in the WI state football play-offs. Plus my wife wants to go out that night also. I will let you all know.
Toolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:27 PM   #46

I'm going to go out to the lake tomorrow(sat) and check out the leaves. Just to see how bad it is. A little track report for you guys I guess. I'll look at the first parking lot at the north entrance, is there any other spots you would like me to check? Maybe I will take my camera and get some pics so you can see for yourselves. of course I still cant post attatchments so I will have to find a site for pics.

A little update on my truck........ Got the tires on ant yokes attatched. works pretty good but my axles arent wide enough yet. the tires rub on my links if I turn too far. It's kinda small, only a 12" wb. Well like I said before it's only a prototype, I will play with it like it is and fix it during the winter.

I'm also working on my dads txt that I might be able to bring out. It's stock except for the emaxx tranny I'm installing.

A couple of my friends may be comming with. they dont have trucks but I'm hoping that seeing ours in action will talk them into it. Anyway thats this weeks story, so untill next time.....................
lofty975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:12 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

I'm set to go for next weekend, I might have to make some minor adj. I'll find out this weekend. Can't wait to go.
thumbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #48
MWRCA'er

We mostly hang around area near the parking area but we also explored a few hiking trails. Last time we took the trail nearest the parking area I think its the west bluff trail. We went up to the top there is some good crawling up there, that is where we took all of the pics last time. Then at the end of the trip we explored the east bluff trail lots of good areas. If your looking for a good spot to crawl that will give you some challenge the start of CCC trail is very good but short, it looks like it's made for crawlers.

My Super Sexy Alum Knuckles came today I'm set to go.

Last edited by Mnster; 11-04-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:32 PM   #49
MWRCA'er

Looks like the feedback thing is gone.

Me, Soya, My brother and Thumbman when to a local crawling place today. Had alot of fun.

Just a few more days left.

So who is going to the hobby shop? just me, my bro, soya and thumbman?

When do you guys want to meet at the park?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:04 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

I can be at the park 11:00 or 12:00.
At The first spot we were at last time?
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:41 AM   #51
Rock Stacker

11:00 or 12:00. Either way for me. I'm gonna be in my car, silver mazda 6. If I get there early enough, I'm gonna check out parfry's glen on the other side of the park. No way I'm gonna get my truck out there, its a eco-zone, but I want to hike it anyway.

Took my truck below the dam yesterday, not to happy with the spring rate on the integy msr4 shocks. I think I'm putting the stock coils back on, at least the rear. Still getting used to the high clearance lnks, the drive shaft hits now.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:15 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Had a great time on Sunday. I'm planning to meeting at the LHS. What Time?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:40 PM   #53
MWRCA'er

Ok meet at 11, at the first place we where before.

I'll pass out my cell again in case you guys need directions around the park or something.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:42 PM   #54
MWRCA'er

Probably hit the area where we drove the first time for the first hour.

Take a break for lunch and/or charge batterys. I have to drive to the freeway off ramp at 12:30 to drop off a 1:1 wheel and tire to one of my fourwheeling buddys.

Get back from lunch climb the trail with the stone stairs maybe if we don't break again we can go a little farther see whats up there.

Explore the rest of the park...

Sound ok?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Sounds good last time we skipped lunch and I thought that sucked.
Boy's gota eat.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:26 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Sounds good, Are We meeting at the LHS or just going to the park?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:00 PM   #57
MWRCA'er

LOL, I thought you guys ate last time. Me and my bro didn't eat last time. I didn't hear anyone complain so we figured everyone but us was full and just kept crawlin.

Thumbman, I plan to stop in it's directly off the freeway so it should not bog our time to much. It's fun to browse different shops. This shop always has awesome clearance items. I pm'ed you about this yesterday but I guess the board went down before I could sent it out.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:05 PM   #58
MWRCA'er

Maybe we can find a good spot somewhere to take a group shot.

I need a new backround for my website I'm sick of the old out dated one from last year.

Plus I need a good picture to give to the guys at the LHS to post up by the cash register.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:17 AM   #59

I went to the lake yesterday and took a couple pics. I got some of the first place we plan on going. I was going to take more but my cam died. there are alot of leaves. That should make things interesting. I checked a couple other places I thought would be good but the rocks are too big. better for hiking. I was also going to stop and ask the dnr if there was any problem with us being out there but there was no one there. I dont think there would be a problem but I thought I'd ask. I also thought of another place in town here. The city has their spot for concrete and salt and dirt and stuff. I've been out there a few times and always thought it would be fun. I'm not quite sure if they would like that. I will find out if anyone is interested.

mnster, that is a great pic. They would probably like that at the hobby store. actually I was thinking and maybe, with your permission, I can put one up at the hobby store in reedsburg. maybe we can get more people next year, or get them to make a course at their outdoor track. that would be sweet!
lofty975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #60
Rock Stacker

Whoaaaa had a close call. Almost had to work Saturday. I agreed to do a fat money side job (for R/C money, and X-mas) and then the boss (Dad) tells me he wants to start Friday night and go till it's done.... Then I had to point out he won't be ready and I'll start on Sunday...maybe. Little does he know, I slowed up the plumbers underground work on purpose to slow the schedule down so he won't be ready.... (evil laugh here).
Anyway, I'd think some of the high bluff/cliff face trails would be wind blown enough to sweep the leaves away. Maybe not everywhere, but there's hope. And I'd bet the trees are bare by now. We are just starting to loose leaves down here.
Till then, don't break nothin'