Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: South East Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

I also will show up between 9:30 & 10:00.
How far in is it from the p-lot to the area we will be using ?
I'll bring my 2.2 & Scale rig.
eddy4753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

My first post. Hope I have this figured out.
I wouldn't mind meeting some people into this side of the addiction. I'm from west of madison and crawl alone. Everyone I know is into go fast stuff only. I have a lcc and would like to run with other people for a change.not positive I could make it sunday,my birthday is sat as well, but would like to try if no one would mind.
460bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:16 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy4753 View Post
...How far in is it from the p-lot to the area we will be using?...
The first area we will be meeting at ( Parking Area #2 ) is about a one minute walk to the driving trail...five minute walk to the rocky spots.

The second area we would like to show off is on the North side of the park...and if enough people are interested in going...that is about the same...five minutes walk from the parking lot. Although that is a different parking lot and we would have to hop in the vehicles and drive a minute down the park road to a different area.

Regardless...the initial 9:30am/10:00am meeting will be done per my earlier post at Parking Area #2.
fanke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:20 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460bronco View Post
...Everyone I know is into go fast stuff only...
The more the merrier...come on out. Even if you can't make it at 10:00...email me for my cell number and we might be out for quite a while.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:41 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460bronco View Post
My first post. Hope I have this figured out.
I wouldn't mind meeting some people into this side of the addiction. I'm from west of madison and crawl alone. Everyone I know is into go fast stuff only. I have a lcc and would like to run with other people for a change.not positive I could make it sunday,my birthday is sat as well, but would like to try if no one would mind.
First off, WELCOME.
I'm sure all would like to meet you as well & if you can, try to make it Sunday. It is just a GTG for fun and to discuss ideas on forming some future dates for crawling and or a club, your participation would be welcome. I moved from Mad Town about 10yrs. ago to Milwaukee. From the early 80's I was in R/C clubs in Madison and yes they like to go fast.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

I'll check the maps and gps in a bit and see if I can figure out how to get there and how far it is. Long way to drive to play. But I guess you gotta pay to play.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:52 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Keep us posted.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:35 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

I will try and make it out, the new house is kicking my ass right now, and I am still waiting on a servo for my dig unit. Sorry I havnt been on here that much in the last week, I dont have the internet hooked up right now at the house, so I am stealling some guys wifi that is unsecured but I can only on every once and awhile.
j182j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Well, I think I'm going to try to make it tomorrow, from 2 hours away. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone and try to find a lowes over there in milwaukee to spend a 3 year old gift card, there isn't one around here.
Matt, I sent you an email for your # so I can find people when I get there. If I do it'll be after 10.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Bill, I got your email, and replied with my cell number.

Not sure if you're going to Milwaukee anyway...but there is a Lowes in Kenosha less than 15 minutes from Pets. I could tell you how to get there once you get to the park. I don't know of a Lowes in Racine.

Also guys...please please PLEASE...don't forget BUG SPRAY. I don't want to be held responsible for anybodys death.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #71
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Matt, pretty sure I'll be there after 10 tomorrow.
I'm curious what other people will be running with tomorrow. I'll be bringing my losi comp crawler. First real rock crawler I've had.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Let me know when you guys are having your next gtg me and dave josh and jesse from FVRCC will head down we are going to apply to be a usrcca sanctioned group we have a fall winter series being planned out when the snow flys and the weather gets crappy we will be holding comps in the lower level rock lounge we are adding another 2 ton to the 8 we have just finishing up the work area which will have tables and enough room for 10 or 12 work stations and if more is needeed we will use my kitchen and living room flyer will be posted in the next couple weeks just rounding up some nice giveaways for the comps will be a year ending banquet and and you can be the wisconsin state champion of rc crawling hope we can make your next gtg we are even looking into having a comp some where near the milwaukee area if any one is interested please let me know we are 1 hour and 45 minutes from milwaukee and only a couple blocks off the highway.....Chris
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Good group of guys today for the GTG at Pets. My dad and myself ( Al and Matt ), Pete, Bill(460 Bronco), Ed(Eddy4753), and Tom(T-Buck). I will post pics and movies over the course of the next few days.

We all agreed, it would be great to try and plan something for another GTG close to the end of August or beginning of September. I will check with the other area events and make sure we don't conflict with anything else.

Here is a link to another spot we talked about visiting soon...Seven Bridges Trail in Milwaukee...

http://www.county.milwaukee.gov/Seve...kingTr8221.htm

As it turns out, I was mistaken as to the actual name of the park. The park is actually called "Grant Park" which is probably more familiar to more Milwaukee folk...and Seven Bridges Trail is just one set of trails inside the park.

Last edited by fanke19; 08-02-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

I will keep my eye on this thread we are hoping to make it for a gtg we came across a place here near Appleton on the fox river that is incredable for crawling and trail trucks we found today another 10 spots on the island not to mention the 30 spots that follow the river so if you ever want to head towards my place yu will not be dis appointed we had 11 show up today check out the FVRCC gtg 8/2/2009 tommorow will have some pics of different areas thanks for your time .
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Well guys, I had a great time yesterday on my first outing with a group of crawlers. It was very cool seeing what others run. I'm glad I got my losi, even with all the headaches, and now I want at least 2 more crawlers! I love the scale thing. That is one of the reasons I bought my slash, but the crawling bug took a big chunk out of my leg, it bit so hard! So I think the slash is going away. Then time to build a scaler and I think I still like the idea of a rock racer, cause I still like to go fast, just not too fast.

I don't have a problem with drugs, or smoking, or drinking for that matter, though I do enjoy a beer once in awhile. But I do have a SERIOUS problem with this rc thing. This is going to be expensive....
Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Welcome to the addiction!
Old 08-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

I also had a great time yesterday.

I went and took some pictures of Seven Bridges park today, Looks like a great place to crawl.

I will get some pics up later when I get a chance.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Here's some pic's of Grant park (7 bridges)
This type of terrian go's on & on. There are huge hills for straight-up hill climbing. The last picture shows the elevation.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

Awwww, don't tell me I have to drive all the way out there again! Is that right on the lake? I love that idea. So where exactly is it? I need a town and or an intersection to easily find it on my gps
Old 08-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

207 Lake Dr South
Milwaukee, Wi 53172