Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: SouthEast Crawlers GTG Aug 30th, Grant Park

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default SouthEast Crawlers GTG Aug 30th, Grant Park

We are planning a GTG at Grant Park in South Milwaukee on aug 30th. The trail we will start on will be "7 bridges" it is a creek bed that runs into lake Michigan. There are huge hills on both sides of the creek bed, rocks are all along the creek. Also note that there is water in the area... Most of the area is pretty shallow, but you never know. Scalers will love this location!

We would like as many people to join us that could. We are at entry level on getting a "club" together, the more input and ideas are all appreciated.
Again... we are inviting any and all intrested to attend.

We will meet at the first parking lot on the left... As soon as you enter the park... you will see the lot on the left. Bring bug-spray!! you will not want to be in there w/o any!!

Grant Park (7 bridges Trail)
207 Lake Dr South
Milwaukee, Wi 53172
10:00 A.M.

Anyone coming down/up I-94. College & Rawson are both closed. You can take the Airport exit... Airport Spur Rd. Take a right onto S. Howell Ave, follow that to(& take a left) W. College Ave all the way to Lake Dr. Right down to Park Ave. Grant park entrance.

Any ?? or need info you can p.m. me and I will get back to you.

T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I'm about 95% sure I'll be there. Should have 4 battery packs and 2 new servos, ready for all day crawlin!
460bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Hope you can make it Bill, It will be a good time.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Hey Tom, I will not be able to make it. Remember the walking boot I was wearing last time? Yeah, well I went to the foot doc for the checkup and it turned out the bone in my foot was indeed cracked...not just sprained.

So doctors orders are to stay off of it...or run the risk of having it crack all the way through and requiring surgery. I'm really bummed because I want to get together again with the group...but I'm sure most of you would agree it's not worth the risk.

My dad ( Al ) and Pete still sound interested though, so I'll forward all this information for the meeting place to them.
fanke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'm interested but unfortunately will not be able to make it. I have a prior engagement to go to. A Brewers game.......
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanke19 View Post
Hey Tom, I will not be able to make it. Remember the walking boot I was wearing last time? Yeah, well I went to the foot doc for the checkup and it turned out the bone in my foot was indeed cracked...not just sprained.
That sucks... You were the one that mentioned this spot, just sucks you can't see it & drive it.

Quote:
My dad ( Al ) and Pete still sound interested though, so I'll forward all this information for the meeting place to them.
Please do... It would be great for them to show up as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozer View Post
I'm interested but unfortunately will not be able to make it. I have a prior engagement to go to. A Brewers game....
You have to come out & play one of these times??
May-bee next gtg?
Stay tuned... Go Brew Crew!!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:28 AM   #7

Where in the park is the trail? If I am able to show up I would love to check it out.
LEWETHETIGER73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-buck View Post
...That sucks... You were the one that mentioned this spot, just sucks you can't see it & drive it...
Tell me about it :( I'm going this morning to the foot doctor for another 2 week checkup. If my foot was feeling way better I would say Hell Yes, count me in. Unfortunately it's not feeling any better, and I'm kind of scared to hear what the doc has to say. I don't know if he's going to want to x-ray the foot again or not...but if it is broken through...I really don't want surgery. As it is, this has really put a kink in my exercise and weight loss this summer.

Hope the weather holds for you guys! Have fun and take pics!

Oh yeah, I'm going to send reminders ( again ) to my dad and Pete about the GTG.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEWETHETIGER73 View Post
Where in the park is the trail? If I am able to show up I would love to check it out.
As soon as you enter the park there is a parking lot on the left and the trail go's into the area from there.

Quote:
Hope the weather holds for you guys! Have fun and take pics!
Oh yeah, I'm going to send reminders (again) to my dad and Pete about the GTG.
I've been stressing the rain lately... Sat. I am gonna take a ride there & check it out to see if the rain has flodded the area or not??

I hope Al & Pete can make it.

Also hope your foot get's better.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Well, I wanted to come out today, but I still have to get a few more things for the kid for school and I'm broke. Just can't justify the gas for my truck. Have fun today guys, looks cool but very nice out.
460bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Oh my god, weather is perfect, I'm so bummed to be missing out on this GTG.

Tom I really hope you get the email I sent...as my dad and Pete are looking for you guys...hope you have mobile email.

This sucks :-(
Old 08-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460bronco View Post
Well, I wanted to come out today, but I still have to get a few more things for the kid for school and I'm broke.
You were missed... There is always next time.

Quote:
Oh my god, weather is perfect, I'm so bummed to be missing out on this GTG.
Tom I really hope you get the email I sent...as my dad and Pete are looking for you guys...hope you have mobile email.
I recieved your e-mail. They found me.

Weather was great today, Things were pretty slick due to the rain we recieved lately. All agreed it is a awesome location. I can see having another GTG at this spot in the future.