Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Hobby Town Oshkosh build days

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

He is in the phillippines bringing his wife home he should be back on the 1st.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Mortar mix and portland are different. Sand should have been right next to the portland.

When it comes to mixers, get one with a plastic drum if you can and check rental places, they sell their rental units fairly cheap and they are normally heavier duty models. If you go with the hf model, get a 20% off coupon out of a magazine and use it on top of the sale.

Also, don't waste money on putting color in the first coat, save it for the final skim coat.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:41 AM   #83
RCC Addict

Any updates on the 'crete day? There's been alot of buzz around HT about when we're gonna be done with the course. Many people have been asking questions and showing interest in our project, which is encouraging. I know we'll gain a few new crawler people when it's all said and done. I also know a few racers who already have a crawler or are planning to get one, so we need to keep rolling . The FVRCC builders are probably the most anxious to see this baby come to life, and I for one can't wait to take a crack at it.

Troy.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

Home Depot has 94 lb bags of portland cement for $9.27 a bag, and 50 lb bags of sand for $2.68 each. Jetboat said the mix they found to work good was 4 parts sand to 1 part portland. I will assume that was 4 to 1 by weight, but we will need to see what works for us. At a 4 to 1 with say 16 sections we will need 4 bags of sand per section 4X16 64 bags of sand and lets say 1 bag of portland for every 2 sections 8 bags of cement rounded up to 12 to cover are ass. 12 x $9.27 = $111.24 and 64 sand x $2.68 = 171.52 for a total of 282.76 plus tax. This total does not have any cement colorant, plastic to cover the floor, mixing tools and buckets or other things we have not even thought of including the mixer. If Bob wants to have Home depot pull the stuff and put it on a pallet then it could be put in his truck or even on my trailer.

That is my input for now, I am off to do my I won the comp dance before I go to bed...
Stinkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

My measurement was by volume so I think it actually works out to closer to 5:1 by weight. Basically I took a scoop of portland for every 4 of sand. With as many piece as you have to do, check into buying your sand in bulk, I think its only about $10 a ton at the place down the road from me... that would save you allot, just need a truck or trailer to get it on.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

I am not very pleased with your pm to dave what did i ever do there jetboat to get ripped on like that what did i ever do to make you say things like that to me i am such a pleasant person kind honest and one of the greatest respectful people to be around.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
I am not very pleased with your pm to dave what did i ever do there jetboat to get ripped on like that what did i ever do to make you say things like that to me i am such a pleasant person kind honest and one of the greatest respectful people to be around.

I just thought you would make a great obsticle!!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #88
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
I just thought you would make a great obsticle!!
Kinda a small obsticle!!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Depends on how excited i get on the size of the obstacle or piece of wood of course for the powder puff class
Old 02-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

Lowes in oshkosh has plenty of portland and sand in stock and slightly less than Hell Depot. Chris and I can check into the availibilty of a car trailer on monday but if we cant get one the pallet of sand could be loaded on my trailer but 2800 pounds will for sure be my limit. I dont know how much supers truck would squat with 1600 lbs of portland in it that decision will need to be made by him. I will try to keep all informed, if we can work out the logistics maybe sunday will work to haul the supplies upstairs at hobby town.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

I really don't wanna try that much. She's gettin' pretty rotten, I'd wanna try and keep 'er under 1000 lbs. I'd rather pull a trailer.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

So do we have a date figured out yet for Hobbytown?
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

I do bielieve we are going to pick up the supplies on sunday morning and haul all the create and sand upstairs at hobbytown if that goes as planned we are hoping to start the following saturday and sunday.Feeling strong we are probably going to have to make 2 trips to blowes because it will be close to 5000 lbs.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

We are picking up the supplies on sunday and hauling them up stairs at hobbytown on the 21st.Who is willing to help

The schedule is starting to get tight so we are looking at Feb 27th and 28th to do the concreate work i will be leaving a pm to all club members or contacting by phone does this date work can you make it.Since i was voted in as president this should be a must attend weekend for all club members and again for all who got us to this point your help building the course was great thanks you all know who you are..

The 27th and 28th who is attending i expect everyone to be there let me know asap.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

I'm in, Thanx for the chance

What time do you want me to be at your place on the 21st?
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
We are picking up the supplies on sunday and hauling them up stairs at hobbytown on the 21st.Who is willing to help .
I can't make it this WK-end... Something about being married I was told.

Quote:
The schedule is starting to get tight so we are looking at Feb 27th and 28th to do the concreate work i will be leaving a pm to all club members or contacting by phone does this date work can you make it.
The 27th and 28th who is attending i expect everyone to be there let me know asap.
I will be able to be there for the concrete work.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #97
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
I'm in, Thanx for the chance

What time do you want me to be at your place on the 21st?
Chris' at 9 am should work, we can go to the shop and pick up the trailer (2" ball). I will bring my trailer too so we can get it hauled in one trip. We need to remember to get a couple of buckets for hauling the mix and some heavy mil plastic to protect floors and walls. Burlap, disposable rags, garbage bags, probally forgetting many things.

Many hands make light work, who else is on board?????
Old 02-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #98
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=T-buck;2310253]I can't make it this WK-end... Something about being married I was told.

AAAAHHHHH Wedded Bliss, we didn't expect you to come up for a couple hours of hauling supplies, besides you should still be resting from the valentines day festivities.........

We will post times for the sloppy days early next week.....
Old 02-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

just to chime in with my 2 cents... I know you have 16 sections but you guys are talking about allllllot of materials. We did 8 sections and I know we didn't use 1/4 of that material (by weight). If it were me I would get half of what your planning and go from there. My estimate would be about 100-125# of material per section Maybe 25# portland 75# sand (3:1) stretch it with sand if needed. Total finished weight comes in between 150 and 200# once you add pallet/wood/wire and water.

Last edited by jetboat; 02-19-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #100
Rock Stacker

I can make it for concrete work, got to work this weekend , so sorry about the no go with the hauling of materials.
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote