Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Coulee Country Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #1

Default Coulee Country Crawlers

After a long search for some organization in my area, I found I needed to just start something myself. I created a website with mapped locations, videos, twitter (couleecrawlers), facebook and an email. I have everything in my phone so, don't be suprised by a quick reply. Hope all this helps someone else in the area. Crawlin' is fun...
CouleeCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

http://www.platial.com/map/Crawl-spots/777297

This is a map of some of our favorite crawl spots. Feel free to add any of yours.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

About time that something happening around the coluee area. I used to live in La Crosse for years. I now reside in Viroqua. Just FYI, tons of rocks at Bigely Park and a nice big boulder right behind Viroqua High school. I use the boulder for many tests on my crawler builds.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #4

Hey there, I live in Ontario, near Wildcat Mtn state park. Should be plenty of crawlin places there. I'll let you guys know when spring comes what I find. Should be lots on the Reserve land twards LaFarge as well. Also plan on buildin sumthin just outta town at my folks place if I get time. Nice to know I'm not the only one in this area. Like I said, let ya know when this snow be gone!!!
turkinworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Welcome to rccrawler. You not that far from me. Lafarge is the midpoint between Viroqua and Ontario. Heard about the Wildcat Mtn Park, but haven't visit there yet. Should be the pimp when snow is gone.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #6

Went out lookin saturday, found three awesome winter spots. Two of them are on highway 131 between Rockton and Ontario. Under the south side of bridges #5 and #7. North end of bridges may be just as good. I got my AX10 out and did some wheelin under the west bridge of county road F between 131 and 33. All three have rock patches that are at least 10 X 25 ft, all angled up and covered by the bridge--NO SNOW. I'll try to get some pics and post later. If it's warmer than saturday, 20's should do, giver a try, you won't be disappointed!!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Sounds cool, i'tll give me something to think about, rather not drive it in the snow, but if there clear spots, i'll check it out. I only got one rig ready to go, the others are torn down for winter rebuildings.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #8

Though you will have to walk through a some snow to get under the bridge, there is no snow on the rocks. If the weather is warm enough you will NOT be disappointed!!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Looks like it'll will not be happening. Just too frickin' cold.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #10

I was just doing some editing on the website and decided to see if Mudsy had any map locations and/or pics for the map. I was surprised to see the thread still active...coool. If you guys have anything you want mapped or youtubed, I would be glad to put them up, just email or twitter or whatever them to me.

couleecountrycrawlers@gmail.com

Twitter:
@couleecrawlers

I started the paintjob on my losi this morning, it is still being assembled. The CrawlerKing is in fine working condition though. It sounds like we will get a good melt this week, may let some rock show. 'til then, I am grabbing the snowshoes and going rock hunting.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #11

Did some updating on the website. If you guys want to add some locatios to the map, email or twitter them. I can tie pics and vids to them if you have them.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #12

Gonna finally try to post some pics. These are from under a bridge about 4 miles south of Ontario, WI. The bridge is on county rd F between state highways 131 and 33. I will try to get these sent to couleecrawlers to post on map. THANKS by the way for starting the website, sometimes we feel as though we are in no mans land. This helps!!!
These pics were taken this week, we had a spell of warm weather, thank god.

Name:  phpbPOpwBPM17.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  71.8 KB

Name:  phpcn6QUbPM2.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  86.6 KB

Name:  phpkPtN0VPM8.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  77.8 KB

Name:  phpm24OaPPM26.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  phpPlvpnTPM15.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  77.1 KB

Name:  phpUQNc1DPM25.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  75.4 KB

Name:  phpWDqmvvPM5.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  69.1 KB

Last edited by turkinworm; 01-20-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: adding details
Old 01-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

I am fairly new to WI, and have a noob question. How close are you all to Milwaukee?
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

I found where you all are, and wow are you far from me. The pics from the bridge look like you had a good time.
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:06 AM   #15

Default Updated the map

I got the pics and the spot mapped on the website. Took a bit to find out how to transfer from one map to another. Google could make that easier. Sent a tweet out and will update the facebook next. Thanks turkinworm!
Planning to get some 'art' supplies so I can chop the top off the Jeep. Decided I like the look of it in pics and videos, so I am going to turn it in to a scaler. Rollbar, interior, GI Joe and Barbie. Should keep me busy today. Off to breakfast.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #16

Default Got the Buzz

Set up Google Buzz (Rock Crawler). Works like Twitter with a map. Should be handy for rock crawling.