Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin
Loading

Notices

Thread: Official WiRCRC Chit Chat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #1001
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brillion
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
I hear you, Mr. Nate. It's almost like they secretly plot to keep us spending all our allowance on rc stuff .

So I went to the Oshkosh Truck job fair on Monday, after working a 13 hour 3rd shift starting at 5 the day before. Got there around 9:30AM and stood in line with about a thousand other people.....I'm not lying, there was a crapload of people . SIX hours later I made it to the front of the line! I made the first cut, and waited for phase two. Made it through that, filled out more paperwork, stood in line for the next batch of papers, stood in line again to pee in a cup....fawk, what a day! I finally got home around 5 that night. Background check, drug test and a physical coming, then maybe a new job .
Nice man, I just found out this morning I am getting hired on ti the place I am working and will be making $13-$15 an hour, $15 an hour for the first few weeks while I am training for my backup position then $13 an hour for General Labor, I will have to convince Connie and Dave to take some days off so I can make $15 an hour.
Satan6907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #1002
Rock Slayer
 
TrailDawg362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fox Valley WI
Posts: 1,684
Default

Congrats .
TrailDawg362 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:47 AM   #1003
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brillion
Posts: 95
Default

Thanks
Good Luck to you on getting the new job.

Aint the grave yard shift so much fun.
Satan6907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #1004
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Appletown
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post

So I went to the Oshkosh Truck job fair on Monday, after working a 13 hour 3rd shift starting at 5 the day before. Got there around 9:30AM and stood in line with about a thousand other people.....I'm not lying, there was a crapload of people . SIX hours later I made it to the front of the line! I made the first cut, and waited for phase two. Made it through that, filled out more paperwork, stood in line for the next batch of papers, stood in line again to pee in a cup....fawk, what a day! I finally got home around 5 that night. Background check, drug test and a physical coming, then maybe a new job .
Irene was there on Sunday from 7:15 am to 3:00 pm, she has resperator and lifting tests scheduled for a week from now. Maybe there is hope for you old folks in the work force...
Stinkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #1005
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Racine
Posts: 476
Default

Good Luck T-dawg!
MrNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:45 AM   #1006
Rock Slayer
 
TrailDawg362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fox Valley WI
Posts: 1,684
Default

HA! You shoulda seen some of the human train wrecks that dragged themselves in there .

Thanks Nate. The upside is that I already have a decent job, it's just that the hours I work now suck.

Last edited by TrailDawg362; 03-01-2011 at 07:47 AM.
TrailDawg362 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #1007
Rock Crawler
 
Super's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wrightstown
Posts: 960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
I hear you, Mr. Nate. It's almost like they secretly plot to keep us spending all our allowance on rc stuff .

So I went to the Oshkosh Truck job fair on Monday, after working a 13 hour 3rd shift starting at 5 the day before. Got there around 9:30AM and stood in line with about a thousand other people.....I'm not lying, there was a crapload of people . SIX hours later I made it to the front of the line! I made the first cut, and waited for phase two. Made it through that, filled out more paperwork, stood in line for the next batch of papers, stood in line again to pee in a cup....fawk, what a day! I finally got home around 5 that night. Background check, drug test and a physical coming, then maybe a new job .
Glad to hear that! I hope it works out for you. Maybe you can get on 4 tens again.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #1008
Rock Slayer
 
TrailDawg362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fox Valley WI
Posts: 1,684
Default

I'd happily stay where I'm at if I could get back to that, I miss my 4 off/2 off/4 off schedule.
TrailDawg362 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #1009
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sheboygan
Posts: 326
Default

God, talking about all this job sh"%. I am glad I donīt have to think of that here on vacation. Did I mention I made it ok and it is a pleasant 80 degrees. Anyhow, wish the best for all you all. And that could be the Coronas talking.
stolps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #1010
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: appleton
Posts: 2,067
Default

It is almost 56 degrees today oh wait give or take 40 degrees.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #1011
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Racine
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolps View Post
God, talking about all this job sh"%. I am glad I donīt have to think of that here on vacation. Did I mention I made it ok and it is a pleasant 80 degrees. Anyhow, wish the best for all you all. And that could be the Coronas talking.

What's the matter, they don't have any real beer there?
MrNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #1012
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 920 Valley of the Fox
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNate View Post
What's the matter, they don't have any real beer there?
x2! Corona=eeewwww
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #1013
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sheboygan
Posts: 326
Default

I'm not normally a Corona fan either. But when it is free, cold and the sun it out, boy it is damn good. There is always the occasional frozen and/or mixed drink, oh yeah and some shots (tequllia poppers) to keep me really fu@#ed up.
stolps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #1014
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Appletown
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolps View Post
I'm not normally a Corona fan either. But when it is free, cold and the sun it out, boy it is damn good. There is always the occasional frozen and/or mixed drink, oh yeah and some shots (tequllia poppers) to keep me really fu@#ed up.

Mexican P!$$ BEER, even free and cold I wont drink it.
Stinkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #1015
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sheboygan
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyy View Post
Mexican P!$$ BEER, even free and cold I wont drink it.


I'll agree to that. A bartender I know messed up and gave me a free one once. I took a small sip and tossed it.
Wicked Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #1016
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brillion
Posts: 95
Default

Satan6907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #1017
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Appletown
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan6907 View Post

bigger pictures please!!!
Stinkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #1018
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brillion
Posts: 95
Default

well if you would have been there last night you could have seen it in person
Satan6907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #1019
Rock Slayer
 
TrailDawg362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fox Valley WI
Posts: 1,684
Default

That truck is freakin' huge! Damned if I can figure out how he rides it though .
TrailDawg362 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #1020
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sheboygan
Posts: 278
Default

Uses it as a skateboard.
Wicked Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com