Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Crawling in Milwaukee????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Default Crawling in Milwaukee????

Work might send me to Milwaukee for a couple of months and I was wondering if there was any crawling spots or comps in the Milwaukee area?
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

When would you be coming?? Right now spots are more limited but as the snow melts things really get good.

Comp's have been going on North of Milwaukee in Appleton area. FVRCC is the club running the Comps. We've been building an indoor course in Oshkosh, which is coming along nicely.

As far as me. I am right here in Milwaukee and can always find time to do some crawling.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

When are you arriving in town.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Right now it looks like it will be sometime around the first of March through the end of April.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

well thats cool you should hook up with t buck and head down to our indoor tracks north of milwaukee my indoor course is by far the best in wisconsin the idoor course at hobbytown will be pretty cool when finished here hopefully in the next week or three.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #6

S&N Trackside is in Brookfield, which is basically Milwaukee. They have a new indoor setup. Have not been there myself yet but looks sweet. Hope this helps.

http://www.trackside.com/
S&N's Trackside Hobbies - Crawling Room
Creeper @ S&N Trackside
turkinworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I have been to the trackside room a couple of times. It is not bad, but I do not have much to compare it too. The people there are friendly and I have recieved some good advice from some guys there. I have not made it up to Kaspers yet, scheduling conflicts have kept me away, but I do hope to get up there some time. For you FVRCC guys, keep a thread active for summer crawling fun, I will definately be there with my fail Crawler King.
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

THE NEW LAYOUT
Old 01-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modean74 View Post
I have not made it up to Kaspers yet, scheduling conflicts have kept me away, but I do hope to get up there some time.
I go up there every comp & more. If you need a ride you can always ride w/me.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

The course at Trackside RC is nice. I've crawled there several times. The owners are great people. If they end up sending you, let me know. We can meet up and crawl.
ihcj9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

comp on the 31st at kaspers in Appleton if anyone is interested well worth the 100 mile drive from milwaukee contact t-buck he is coming down to comp
Old 02-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #12

Default HELLO Wisconsin!

New to RC crawling (pretty much new to RC'ing) But have bought 3 trucks in 4 weeks
Anyone in Milwaukee that knows there way around these things good?
I've recently purchased a "well used" Axial AX10, and am having some issues with it. Is anyone around here electrically savvy enough to figure out why it "jerks" with small throttle inputs, and doesn't allow you to turn full right and move at the same time? Starting to think this might not be my thing....
My E-maxx has waaay better throttle response than a rock crawler? Doesn't seem right.
Anyone local that might be able to help out? Greenfield News and Hobby has offered to help, but every time I'm in there they are so busy I'm waiting for an hour just to talk to someone. I'm on the North side of Milwaukee (near Men. Falls) if anyone is near here, and might be able to help a guy out?
Thanks and this forum is awesome!
Steve
gsxrbots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

I live near you, but not savvy enough to offer much advise due to being fairly new to this hobby. I would recommend looking the ESC up on the internet and visit the Axial part of this forum, the people there might be able to help.
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrbots View Post
New to RC crawling (pretty much new to RC'ing) But have bought 3 trucks in 4 weeks
Anyone in Milwaukee that knows there way around these things good?
I've recently purchased a "well used" Axial AX10, and am having some issues with it. Is anyone around here electrically savvy enough to figure out why it "jerks" with small throttle inputs, and doesn't allow you to turn full right and move at the same time? Starting to think this might not be my thing....
My E-maxx has waaay better throttle response than a rock crawler? Doesn't seem right.
Anyone local that might be able to help out? Greenfield News and Hobby has offered to help, but every time I'm in there they are so busy I'm waiting for an hour just to talk to someone. I'm on the North side of Milwaukee (near Men. Falls) if anyone is near here, and might be able to help a guy out?
Thanks and this forum is awesome!
Steve
First off, welcome to RCC

If I were to take a stab in the dark I'd say you may need a bec?
that is just a guess, It obviously would be better to see in person.

I had a similar problem with my stampede...

What ESC, Servo, Radio/rx, and what type of batteries are you running?
Lipo or Nimh.

There is a plethora of info here You'll get it fixed no problem!!
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrbots View Post
Greenfield News and Hobby has offered to help, but every time I'm in there they are so busy I'm waiting for an hour just to talk to someone. Steve
I am about a mile from there, It all depends on when you go there (wk-ends to busy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/CMaxximus5.0 View Post
If I were to take a stab in the dark I'd say you may need a bec?
What ESC, Servo, Radio/rx, and what type of batteries are you running?
Lipo or Nimh.
There is a plethora of info here You'll get it fixed no problem!!

If you continue to have problems get a hold of me and we can figure it out.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #16
RCC Addict

You might also want to check the condition of your motor's brushes and commutator. If it's "well used" like you said, a good cleaning and possibly new brushes might be in order. If it's too far gone, you might want to consider getting a new one. Just my 2 cents...
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #17

I have a stock Axial steering servo, a 55t motor (I believe that is an axial motor too?) Axial esc, and an Axial RX however I'm using a Traxxas TQ2 radio. I know it isn't the radio causing the problem since it did it before I switched radios. I just like the tq better that the stock Axial one (comfort-wise) I don't have a clue how to look at the brushes in the motor and all that, so I'd probably have to learn how to do that. I am also running NIMH batteries (I think that question was asked)
Thanks so much for responding to this guys, and hopefully I can get her running right.
Steve

Also, I'm sorry for Hi-jacking this thread, if the OP wants me to start a new one, I will....
Sorry..
Old 02-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Hope you get er taken care of if not theres a hobbytown in oshkosh we are building and finishing the course this weekend if you dont mind driving an hour all us crawler guys will be there and the guys behind the counter will get you set up properly.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
Hope you get er taken care of if not theres a hobbytown in oshkosh we are building and finishing the course this weekend if you dont mind driving an hour all us crawler guys will be there and the guys behind the counter will get you set up properly.
My sister and nephew live in Oshkosh, and I'm hoping to get my other project (an old Stampede) running so I can go up there and let him drive it. Maybe I'll have to check out your work up there someday soon. Unfortunately for him, I'd like to get my crawler running first....

Where is it going to be in Hobbytown? Upstairs somewhere? Will the ceiling in that place hold? :-D
Old 02-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Our setup is located on the 2nd floor of Hobbytown. It's an old furniture store buidling with concrete flooring so weight shouldn't be an issue. Right now we're sharing the space with 2 slot car layouts, hopefully one will be gone soon so we can expand even further. As far as I know this will be a "one of a kind" setup in the state .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote