Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: XR10...discuss.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

For the record the breakage was due to incompetence on my part.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
Yes done and broke took the same gear everyone else is oh well thats how the mop flops .

Ahuge thanks to super,theslowguy,stinkyy for coming by and building this rig the 3 minutes that it ran was pretty nice verey impressed hoping i can get the replacement parts needed to get er back rolling.
Chris prolly should have mentioned that the gear issue was due to an alignment problem during assembly not a weak link...
Stinkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyy View Post

Chris prolly should have mentioned that the gear issue was due to an alignment problem during assembly not a weak link...
We are all human and life is funny that way.Again thanks Super for hanging out all day and theslowguy for coming buy and lending a hand and stinkyy its because of everyone in the club that makes it possable for me to crawl and get around i know i say thanks alot but you really dont understand what it means to me .
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

I had a good time, would do it again in a heart beat. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be crawling.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Suck's to hear that gear broke... I am almost expecting the same to happen to me. I ordered some extra gear's but still??

Chances are good I will be driving my Bully this wk-end.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #66
RCC Addict

I think they have some serious gear issues, seems like everyone is blowing out the same ones. Axial will have to make this right if they want to keep their customers happy. I bet vendors are already trying to figure out a price for upgraded drive gears .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
I think they have some serious gear issues, seems like everyone is blowing out the same ones. Axial will have to make this right if they want to keep their customers happy. I bet vendors are already trying to figure out a price for upgraded drive gears .
The problem wasn't a problem with the gear it was with the installer. When I put the shaft with that gear in I did not have the bearing in the pocket. The gear was held away from the final gear. The mesh was too loose, add torque, broken tooth. Not Axials problem.

Just wanted to clear that up.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

I disagree that axial hold no blame... the directions for that portion of the install absolutly suck. There is nothing showing the bearing in a pocket and unless you very carefully examine the part, it is not easy to see. I actually miss installed mine but luckily realized before I had gone too far. As a whole its a great truck with poorly drawn instructions.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #69
Rock Crawler

I should have caught it. I noticed that something didn't seem quite right, But it went together and felt super smooth so I thought nothing of it.

I found some other discrepancies in the distructions too.

Last edited by Super; 09-08-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
I disagree that axial hold no blame...
I agree w/you on that one... I haven't even put mine together yet & just can't shake the feeling of defeat.

Axial is quiet as a mouse about the gear's in the rear being crap... Some people are finding the bearings to not fit in gearbox's correctly.

I just don't know if I feel like gambling today to see if I recieved one that will not break.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Well here is my thoughts

First off i have owned over 40 plus crawlers since i stated in 2008 i have no issues personally with the new xr10 in fact if this is the only issue they have Axial did a hell of a job on this rig.

Just for starters everyone was popping drive shafts rod ends just to name a few The creeper i purchased the 367th one built made it less then 10 feet before breaking the driveshaft simple fix 10 feet later took out the cvd snapped it 3weeks later to my surprise fixed 10 feet later same old sonmg and dance snap 3 weeks later fixed again except this time i made it 100 yards snap there goes the locker in the front axle and a 100 yards later the rear locker let me down enough said.

OK so i gets me one of them there team losi comp rigs again had it ordered since well felt like forever because well for those that know me i want everything and i seem to do a good job at getting what i want.The 10 yard rule comes back into play snap cvd toast got me one of them there new ones and guess what happened need i say more.That was the first issue i had the worm gear so hot dam near melted the axle shaft mind you this is three minutes of driving.

Do you really want to hear about the other 40.This is what the sport is about most tinker with there rigs way more then they crawl them this is not just crawlers this is the whole radio controlled world as we know it nothing positive to say then maybe its time for you to find something else to do.

Very happy and love this sport Thanks Axial you did a awesome job.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:
This is what the sport is about most tinker with there rigs way more then they crawl them this is not just crawlers this is the whole radio controlled world as we know it nothing positive to say then maybe its time for you to find something else to do.

Very happy and love this sport Thanks Axial you did a awesome job.
I can't help but take this directed towards me...

Do you really think anyone want's to "tinker" more than drive? They are called Crawlers for a reason.

If your expecting positive shit out of me all the time I am sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-buck View Post
I agree w/you on that one... I haven't even put mine together yet & just can't shake the feeling of defeat.

Axial is quiet as a mouse about the gear's in the rear being crap... Some people are finding the bearings to not fit in gearbox's correctly.

I just don't know if I feel like gambling today to see if I recieved one that will not break.
OK, OK, I will take it off your hands and just so you don't go away empty handed I will give you my EdgE AX-10. I do get it for nothing due to the possibilty of it being defective right???
Stinkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #74
Web Wheeling

The directions with this kit are lacking, I need more then just pictures alone. Add some word bubbles to each step, make the assembly a little more clean. Thankfully Bender has a good writeup on each section of the build posted up on Axials site now. I was refering back to that a few times during my build.

But I do not think Axial has a flawed gear, I put a couple packs through mine and it held up great. There might be a bad batch of gears, but the deisgn seems fine. The assembly is very critical though, as the final gear mesh is held in place by the axle case, not a gear plate. or a full solid gear box.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyy View Post
I do get it for nothing due to the possibilty of it being defective right???
Sure... Wait...

You mean they were free?? WTF, I paid for mine & still got the same odds.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

I by no means was pointing the last post i made to anyone in perticular i just have read so much and seems like some expect perfection and thats never going to happen. I guess maybe i should deleate my post so no one takes it the wrong way.Sorry if i pissed anyone off my bad.

And as described earlier i said most not all.

Last edited by kasper; 09-08-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Will be crawling with er tonight and get some pics
Old 09-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

T buck your rig together yet creeper has his as a roller
Old 09-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
T buck your rig together yet? creeper has his as a roller
Almost done, Electronic's and then the test drive.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

I ran around in the house for 20 minutes or so & Zero problem's so far, Still have to clean up the wires & Sticker up the body. Will have a drive on the rocks tomorrow.