Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Modean's Creeper Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Modean's Creeper Build

I have started to build my creeper. I got stuck after my Hex Driver broke, waiting for the new tip to arrive. Here is what I have done so far. I ordered the CKRC Stage II suspension kit. I am going to order the battery/servo tray and the electronics next, which will include the dig unit. It is a work in progress. The HB Rovers I bought are in the box I used as a backdrop, I hope to put them to good use with this rig.

Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

If you didn't already, I would get some Traxxas drive shafts and ends. Also put heat shrink on the CVD's to keep the pins from coming out. Just some of the things I did to the kids rig. Looks like you got the hard part done. What are you gonna run for a motor/ESC combo.
Super is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I was going to suggest you talk to Super about your build, since Rock Monster pilots one and Dad is the team's mechanic/sponser/pit crew but he beat me to the punch .

You can't go wrong with a Sidewinder ESC/35-55T brushed motor combo, but there are other options, depending on budget and preference. A BEC is recommended no matter what system you run (more juice for the steering servo).
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #4
RCC Addict

get the motor put in before you go much farther it will be alot easier
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Go with the FLM lockers its the best way to goi have them in mine i also installed the xvd's from rc4wd i have a 55t handwound and a momba max speed control i am taking yhat out and putting a sidewinder in and using the momba in a different build i went with the 4 inch 3 racing shocks and removed the stock shock mounts i really dont drive it much its more of a loaner but it does work well i am planning on removing the stock links and putting some 30 degree or even straight links on it due to the fact we are breaking rod ends all the time..
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I was thinking of running a sidewinder with a 45t motor. I did not think of the bec, thank you. I did get some traxxas drivelines and ends, wrong size but they will fit the trail King, when I remod it. I did get the FLM lockers and shock bodies, the shock bodies would not let the spring adjusting nut thread on no matter what I did. I emailed the company and I am playing phone tag with them. I may have to put the build on a slight hold. After the torrential down pour yesterday, my basement got a leak above the ceiling in the partially finished part and water has damaged some stuff, mostly my GF's luggage set and my dremel charger got soaked. When I get more done I will post more pics. Keep the advice coming, I will use all that I can get.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Ordred the electronics the other day, should be delivered in the next couple of days. Getting excited.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Cool .
Old 06-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I still have not recieved the stuff I ordred, should be any day now. I went with the Novack Rooster crawlier ESC with Novac 45t motor, Castle BEC, cannot remember the servo name, but it has metal gears and good torque. I also ordred the 2.4 3 channel radio and reciever. Next will be the dig unit and micro server. I still have not decided on a paint scheme. I do have a question though, does anyone have some extra WiRCRC stickers? I would like to slap one on this thing.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Kasper? KASPER?!?

I need to threaten him with bodily harm so I can get some too!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modean74 View Post
I do have a question though, does anyone have some extra WiRCRC stickers? I would like to slap one on this thing.
I think I have 2 left, You can have them.

If you want them A.S.A.P.
p.m. me your address & I'll just drop in the mail.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Mail???? I live near you. I may need some advice with some soldiering if you are free some time. My order came in today and I dont want to screw up things.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Just wasn't sure of your schedule or if we would cross path's soon??

I'll send you p.m. about getting together, I can solder.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Default trail king

I finished the mod on the Trail King, sort of. Did the WK tummy tuck on it and put some 5 in moabs on it, got rid of the batt box and put stock shocks back on with a short piece of fuel hose in them. I could not believe the diference. I have 3 in of ground clearance even with the smaller tires. I was having fun running it around until I threw the rear drive shaft, I have a spare. I should have my creeper up and running this weekend. Thanks for the stickers T-Buck . I will use them wisely.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Default on hold... for now

Creeper build is on hold. One of the FLM locker I ordered does not work properly. The axle insert on the deeper side is about 1/8th of an inch too deep. Sent them an email. oh well, other things to do.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

I got some parts in today, still waiting for the replacement spool from FLM, they are sending a new one. Unles it gets here soon, I may be bringing the fail king to the comp, I don't think the creeper will do well with three wheel drive.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

The creeper has left the building, and I broke an axle already. It was a fabbed up one, still have the oem ones to use.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I have your pliers
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Please dont lose them!!!!!! I will be at the next comp fer sure oh great HMFIC!!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Default Parts are in

My parts are in and now it is time to put them in. I will get pics done up and put on here. Next step is paint, kind of nervous but I will figure it out.