Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: In or around Sheboygan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default In or around Sheboygan

New to crawling and was wondering if there is any place in Sheboygan or Falls. Did a search here but came up with nothing.
Wicked Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #2

Nope. I am a newbie from michigan. We have a Cheboygan, MI so I though you might have just misspelled your home town. haha. I am guessing by your name you must be an ICP fan. I have not listened to those guys since they put out the third or fourth Joker card. Went to a concert once and was completely soaked in Faygo. I could not have been any stickier if I would have went swimming in a pool of it. they also started throwing money in the crowd. it was pretty crazy. Anyway, welcome to the sport. I have only had a taste of it but I am pretty hooked on it.
rustyrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Nope I'm a country fan. The name comes from my old lowrider, clowning means to hit the hydraulic switches. I went with Klown and well wicked speaks for itself.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
RCC Addict

WiRCRC has a few club members in your area, they might post up when they see your location. Anyways, welcome to the board .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

stolps lives in sheboygen he is a new member of our club leave him a pm otherwise 401jeeper lives in manitowac i am sure he will chime in on this.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Klown View Post
New to crawling and was wondering if there is any place in Sheboygan or Falls. Did a search here but came up with nothing.
Like kasper said I'll chime in. If you go down to the lake in Sheboygan up toward the north side of the beach there is quite abit of rip rap to crawl on. I've been exploring the shoreline for more spots to crawl. There's another good spot in Manitowoc just north of the marina at the north end of the parking lot. Hopefully heading there Thursday night to practice (if my servo arm comes ). Pm me if you want to get together. Chuck
401jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Might have to check out north side. Would be nice to meet some of the local crawlers.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

What time on Thursday were you looking to go practice? I will take all I can get and going to new areas is the best way to get better. Send me a PM if you want.
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Pretty much all along the lake is good. The spot I hit the most is at the end of union ave on lakeshore drive. There's a small walking trail right down the hill to the rocks, you can go from there for a couple miles to the south to the power plant. Must have mosquito spray though!
stolps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Nope I'm a country fan. The name comes from my old lowrider, clowning means to hit the hydraulic switches. I went with Klown and well wicked speaks for itself.

Glad to hear you are a country fan. ICP is crap really. Must have been a faze when I was in college. I never knew hitting the hydraulics was called clowning. We lift our trucks around here

Well I better run. Don't want to spend too much time in a Wisconsin thread.
rustyrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Well went to the beach to down by Union with no luck. The set screw on my creeper rear drive shaft kept coming out. I used tread lock when building it, think I need to redo it. Also have a lot of TT as well, when I punch it on take off the right front wheel comes 2 to 3" off the ground.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:13 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Set your pre-load stiffer on the right rear shock, or try a stiffer spring on that corner. Remove and clean the setscrew(s) with solvent and reapply threadlocker. Go back out and crawl the hell out of it .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modean74 View Post
What time on Thursday were you looking to go practice? I will take all I can get and going to new areas is the best way to get better. Send me a PM if you want.
I was thinking 7ish pm because I have stuff to do earlier. Just to be clear this is up in Manitowoc. Please give me a call to make sure things haven't changed my number is 920-242-4612 see you tomorrow.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Right now running CKRC stage 2 suspension kit with stiff springs in the back. Just set the pre-load on the spring. Set it half way down the shock and still pulls the tire off the ground. If I have to back up and say punch it on take off the front tire comes off bout 4 to 5". From what I read I'm also using 25wt shock oil. Not sure if I'll be able to make it, have to talk the wife in to it. Also Jeeper if thats your cell number I might text instead, not really a phone person. Also if I can talk her in to it, I would need to know how tog et there.

Last edited by Wicked Klown; 08-25-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Wish I could come too... but I have to get stuff ready. Going up north on Friday and staying through Labor Day. The in-laws have a cottage on a lake which has a nice rock filled landscape by the dam.
stolps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Have fun on the rocks, and remember to take pics.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Right now running CKRC stage 2 suspension kit with stiff springs in the back. Just set the pre-load on the spring. Set it half way down the shock and still pulls the tire off the ground. If I have to back up and say punch it on take off the front tire comes off bout 4 to 5". From what I read I'm also using 25wt shock oil. Not sure if I'll be able to make it, have to talk the wife in to it. Also Jeeper if thats your cell number I might text instead, not really a phone person. Also if I can talk her in to it, I would need to know how tog et there.
I'm not much of a phone person either but I don't text. So unfortunely you'll have to call.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Darn alright. Seems I'll be able to make it up there.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Well meet 401Jeeper in Manitowoc and had a blast. Great guy and has a lot of info for newcomers to crawling.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Well meet 401Jeeper in Manitowoc and had a blast. Great guy and has a lot of info for newcomers to crawling.
well I'm still a newbie myself, just passing on what I've read and learned from others in the club. Wicked Klown it was great to meet you also. Hopefully you can make some of the comps to meet the rest of the guys and gal(s).