Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Upgrade or new build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Upgrade or new build

Ok so right now I'm thinking real hard what to do. Is there enough in the WiRCRC who runs sportsmen to upgrade my Venom Creeper. I'm hoping to be able to compete with you guys but hoping to compete against say more then two people. So do I upgrade my VC or build a new Berg.
Wicked Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

First thing you shoud do is come to a event. You can see how the rig's perform to see what your looking to do.

The number of people showing up always changes... Come out & talk to some people & bring what you have & see what it does?
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-buck View Post
First thing you shoud do is come to a event. You can see how the rig's perform to see what your looking to do.

The number of people showing up always changes... Come out & talk to some people & bring what you have & see what it does?
I agree with T-buck about coming to an event to see what it's all about. As far as how many competitors Stinkyy and kasper are supposedly putting together sportsmans rigs.
401jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'd like to stay sportsmans if I can and there are enough that do it. Would hate to say take first place cause I was the only one there, ya know.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I run Sportsman class, but I don't make alot of events (work schedule). If you show up, then there'll be one more which is good for everyone .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

At the last comp in GB there were two running sportsman. If I would not have implanted my CK trans and axles into an SCX chassis, I might have tried it in sportsman class...... then again maybe not.
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I have just put my sportsman axial back together so I can run in the class that has the least amount of entries. Kasper is setting up a rig with creeper axles for sportsman class too, but he will more than likley run both classes.
Stinkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Seems there are a few who run this class. Looks like my upgrade plan will work.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Klown View Post
Seems there are a few who run this class. Looks like my upgrade plan will work.
I will try to make it challanging, but I have not comp'd my Axial in over a year so I will be the back up king... (no dig) Ouch....
Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Ok small question. WHats the diff between sportsmans and 2.2? Is it just the dig or is it dual motors?
Old 11-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Ok small question. WHats the diff between sportsmans and 2.2? Is it just the dig or is it dual motors?
Sportsman is single motor, shaft drive, and no drive disconnect or locking divice.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Yea knew what the sportsmans class was, not sure on the rules for the 2.2 class. I have the 2010 USRCCA Rules, but just alittle confused on the 2.2 class.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The course also, It is set up to be do-able yet a challenge.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

So 2.2 class is with a dig and dual motors then? Also different course then that of sportsmans. Thanks for clearing this up for someone really new to the sport.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
So 2.2 class is with a dig and dual motors then? Also different course then that of sportsmans. Thanks for clearing this up for someone really new to the sport.
Sportsman;

- Vehicles are limited to the use of 2 radio channels (one for steering & one for throttle) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed, but only 2 channels may be used to control the vehicle.
- Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.
- Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles.

There is a bit more freedom in the 2.2 class

Old 11-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

My sportsman class rig is close to done just need to install esc and servo and bind to the radio

You are allowed to drive your creeper in the 2.2 class and also allowed to drive the sportsman class so your shafty is good for both but honestly its hard to beat a moa in the 2.2 class can it be done sure it can super kicked are butts a few times with his shafty no dig.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Right now I can build a Berg for $700 inculding 3s lipo and charger, Novak M2 dig ESC, Hitec 7950 servo, Integy V10 55t as well as rovers and foams. The Berg would be two wheel steering to start out with. To upgrade my creeper would be close to $650, which includes metal c-hubs, knuckles and rear lockouts, Sidewinder ESC, CC Link, shocks, rovers, foams, hitec servo and programmer, lipos and chargers, weights and short shaft. It would also include body and paint. Right now I have a Spektrum DX3E for the remote.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

most berg axles new or used have the plate attached to the axle so you wontneed 4 wheel steer i highly recomend building the berg but 4 wheel steer is not allowed in the 2.2 comp class i am waiting for m2 dig to arrive which hass been ordered for almost 8 months but even so you wont be dis appointed trust me.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Right now I'm leaning towards the Berg. Would a lower oz steering servo work. This way I can try and lower my spending. Would this lipo charger be ok? Reason I ask is I was originally looking at a Hyperion EOS0606i AC/DC, which cost $109.

Last edited by Wicked Klown; 11-03-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Right now I'm leaning towards the Berg. Would a lower oz steering servo work. This way I can try and lower my spending. Would this lipo charger be ok?
I would Not reccommend going w/weak Servo, Suck's spending the $$ but something you will never be mad that you bought.

That charger would work.

If your serious about a Berg See what Kasper has? He might be selling one of his Fleet?