RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Wisconsin (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wisconsin/)
-   -   Devils Lake, WI 9th (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wisconsin/29649-devils-lake-wi-9th.html)

Mnster 04-02-2006 07:58 PM

Devils Lake, WI 9th

Short notice run, my brother wants to test his new Moab tires and TLT truck. It's this coming Sunday. :mrgreen:

Cole82 04-02-2006 08:05 PM

Bring a truck for me to run. :flipoff:
I'll go but I don't have a truck ready yet. :?

lofty975 04-03-2006 09:09 AM

Hopefully its a little warmer this weekend. It's been raining here all weekend. I went out to the lake the other day and all of the snow is gone so we are good to go. Hey, would anybody happen to have an extra stampede metal yoke? I only need one and I spent all of my $ on the wideners.

Mnster 04-03-2006 12:12 PM

Actually, I might have use for just one metal yoke if you want to go halfs. :) I'll have to check to make sure though.

lofty975 04-03-2006 02:01 PM

I know they are only $15 so I guess I could have an extra, but I only need 1 so if you find a use then we can do that. are you going to stop at rc performance on your way? I probably won't make it there before sunday so if you want, pick up a pair and I will bring the cash and lunch or something. If not then I can rig something to work. no big deal. anyway, let me know. I'm looking forward to taking the new chassis out for a spin so see ya sunday.

Jackyl 04-03-2006 03:59 PM

I'll have my txt crawler setup for this sunday and I'll be there as long as nothing else happens between now and then.

my local hobby shop has those metal yokes that you guys need if you still need them I could pick them up for you and you just pay me for them.

I'll try to bribe my other buddy in going also :D I don't know yet though.

But as of right now I'm planning on going. I'll have to plot it out, but I think that it's less than an hour drive for me.

redneckracer1979 04-03-2006 04:48 PM

I would like to make it out there this weekend but I think the g/f wants to go down to chicago to visit a friend. We will see what happens. Dan I will let you know.

Halfj-7 04-05-2006 11:16 AM

Going to Chicago 8th & 9th, but maybe me and the wife might swing up that away for awhile before we go home.

lofty975 04-05-2006 02:04 PM

I will be there and I will bring some cash for the yokes for who ever gets them. The brakes are pretty bad on my car so now I really cant make it to madison.
So, I dont know if any of you have read my other thread but here are some pics of what I'm bringing this time. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lofty9.../ph//my_photos
should be interesting. I haven't really had the chance to take it out and really test it yet. I plan on using a 7ch heli radio. if anyone has any issues with that, let me know. I dont think anyone will be flying there so I'm not worried. I dont have my rear steer switch on my 3ch yet and this one gives me more precise rear steer. and its fun to drive.

Mnster 04-05-2006 09:03 PM

I'll pickup a yoke for you, I need the other one for my 2.2. :) My LHS gives me a 10% discount cause I shop there so frequently. ;-)

Mnster 04-05-2006 09:22 PM

Lets just meet up by the visitors center parking lot in the north end of the park at 11:00. That way we can all get our park stickers and head to the East bluff. :mrgreen:

Here is a map of the park if you need it.
http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/...Devilslake.pdf

thumbman 04-06-2006 08:07 PM

I can't make the GTG on Sunday, have too much going on and no time to do it.

Jackyl 04-06-2006 09:00 PM

I'm still working on combating the torque twist on my txt, If I can get it drivable by then I'll bring it. Otherwise I will just be going to watch everyone else and check out devil's lake since I've never been there.

Mnster 04-06-2006 11:52 PM

Looks like the weather is finally for once on our side. :mrgreen:

I'll be bringing my little propane grill in case anyone wants to grill up some of their food for lunch.

My Clod is nearly ready to go, I have not driven the rig since the last Iowa meet. I have alot of screws to tighten. I still have that set screw floating around in the gear case. :roll:

My brother is having glitching issues with the battery pack I soldered up. So his TLT is maybe a no go. But he still has the Clod with the new tires to test.

Cole82 04-07-2006 05:28 AM

I am bringing red rocks for any to try. I want to see how they do at devil's. I just don't have a truck to put them on.

Jackyl 04-07-2006 02:10 PM

I'm going to bring a camera, incase anyone wants to do something stupid and I can catch it on camera and then post it on here so WE ALL CAN LAUGH AT YOU!! :twisted:

lofty975 04-07-2006 07:40 PM

I'm going to bring the video camera so we can all make a$$es out of our selves and laugh at eachother. :flipoff:

so it looks like it should be a nice day. 60 and sunny. Thanks mnster. I will bring the money. I should be there around 11. see ya then.