Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: New Crawler in Southern Ozaukee Co.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #1

Default New Crawler in Southern Ozaukee Co.

Hi everyone, I have been into RC for many years but just bought my first crawler (Axial SCX10 Honcho). Really enjoy it! I have a large property in Mequon with a SC off road course on it and now I built a really nice scale type rock crawling coarse inside the SC track. If anyone is in my area, and would like to try out my crawling coarse feel free to contact me.
Neal R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #2

Default Re: New Crawler in Southern Ozaukee Co.

BTW I like to post some photo's but I didn't see where to add an attachment to the post. Is that due to my newbie status???
Old 07-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Hello and welcome! If you scroll down from where you type in your post, you'll see "manage attachments". Click on it to browse and find the pic you want.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #4

Pictures by nrusso03 - Photobucket

OK here's a few photos. The crawler course took me about 3 days to get it to this point. Still a bit of work to do but it's good to go as is. Always looking for more rocks! I still have lots of room for future expansion by building a bridge over the off road track. I have to admit that dreaming up ideas for the crawling coarse is fun as well. My wife is even getting involved by adding a few scale toy buildings and accessories to the layout! I will also probably be add some lighting so I can run in the evening when the days get shorter.

Last edited by Neal R; 07-11-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Proverbial threadkiller

Welcome to the forums! Looks like a pretty nice little area you've carved out for yourself. So the SC track is kind of a rounded 'B' shape? With the few jumps, and as small as they are, I bet that's a pretty fast track. Crawler course is pretty neat, too.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #6

Thanks TDAWG & Trubble for your help. The photobucket option seemed to work, but I think there is enough value here for me to go ahead and purchase a star. I'll be doing that shortly. I'm hoping that the WI forum will help me hook up with other crawlers close to me here in Mequon. The RC hobby is always more fun when you can get together with others that have the same interests. The tracks I have built will definitely be more fun with more people running on them. And being new to crawling, it would be nice to see the rigs that others are using and how they are setting them up.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
RCC Addict

There is a wealth of knowledge on this board, actual user info that would be tough to find anywhere else. Well worth the $20 . Plus you get to see photos of rc's and locations from around the world, and more rigs than you ever thought possible.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #8

This looks pretty sweet! Obviously the product of lots of hard work. It'd be fun to take a run at this sometime. Not a bad drive from Wauwatosa.
growlinsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:19 AM   #9

Thanks Growlinsax. Just let me know when you would like to stop by. What type of crawler do you have, and where do you usually run it?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #10

I picked up an AX10 in January and am still looking for good places to run. I found some rocks to play on by the lakefront but most were too big and my rig isn't waterproof, so I wasn't too adventurous. I also met up with the folks on this forum for the WiRCRC Winter Series in Oshkosh. They've setup a really cool indoor course above the Hobbytown out there. Kind of a hike for me, but they were really nice and had a very cool setup. I highly recommend making time to stop by.

Last edited by growlinsax; 07-29-2012 at 09:19 PM.
growlinsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #11

I would also love to stop over and have a go at the track! I've recent acquired a well abused AX-10 with a tube body, droop, and 4-wheel steer. It's a lot of fun!
cgh0187 is offline   Reply With Quote

New Crawler in Southern Ozaukee Co. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a southern crawler ax10tn Axial XR10 23 05-08-2012 10:46 PM
Crawler store in southern calif area? blckgnx California 8 01-22-2011 09:02 PM
Southern Nationals & RC Expo Crawler Course corkysk8 Louisiana 32 09-13-2010 06:58 PM
The Southern Crawl......Crawling Event Southern Style Fishmaxx Competitions 76 07-19-2004 10:15 PM