Notices

Thread: pewitts nest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #161
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: pewitts nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by abowar View Post
Hey my name is Andrew and I heard about your crawling club from Blain at RC performance. I am very interested in meeting up with you guys and going for some crawls. Please keep me posted on your next event so I can tag along. By the pics it looks like you guys are running some pretty scale rigs, and I think my crawlers will fit right in. Thanks
I will get back into looking for more places around here to run pretty soon. There are several areas in my neck of the woods that I've never been to that I want to go check out. Baxters hollow in one I stopped by last weekend. Lots of boulder fields and the stream banks are full of rocks. Haven't seen much for trails though like pewitts. But there are 5000 acres here. I'm going to try checking out 2 more places next weekend

Pine hollow is one. Don't know much about it but its close by me. Parfreys Glenn is another. I don't expect much from there though. Haven't been there yet, but if I'm not mistaken its part of devils lake system, you need a sticker, and the website says you can't go more than 20feet from the stream basically. I also want to go check out Gibraltar rock. Another place I've never been.

I found out when running at pewitts, that I really like the trail aspect of crawling, and the climbs. Not just dragging my rig over rocks. Pewitts was easy to find trails. Everything was all trampled down for us.

So that is kind of the place that I'm looking for again. Fun trails that go through, over, and under, cool and interesting terrain. Wish me luck. I'll keep ya all updated on anything I find out. Hopefully the wife feels better this weekend so I can get away.
460bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #162
Pebble Pounder

In rocks springs their is a very small area of trails that I have explored all of five feet of it because I broke my truck twice nice trails easy to walk with the family but it would be ok for a couple of hours tops than on the other side their is a hill of all loose rock that takes about half hour to climb up it's just very slow going a 1.9 rig won't go very far lol
1santaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #163

movin this thread up

been going to pewits now every sunday for the last 3 weeks, awesome place.

will be going out sat mornin for some truck fishing if anybody wants to meet this weekend, looking to try my new springs out

hey, santa, this is mike. the guy that went swimming, lol
nebie545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:10 PM   #164
Pebble Pounder

Lol hello
1santaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #165
Pebble Pounder

Hey nebie, good to see a new face in here. I live about 15-20 mins away. I'd try to get out this sat if the wife let's me. Pm me your # if you'd like so we can set something up. I've been wondering where all the rest of the people from southern Wisconsin have been.
460bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #166

i"ve been watching for awhile. don't post much. took 3 years off rc do to a job change. finally getting the $ to get back into it.

pretty sure I raced with u @ marrca a few years ago. was with the baraboo clan

sat morning we're looking for a truck, guy rolled his rc off the cliff and into the deepest part of the stream. was thinking sunday hitting the trails for a couple hrs
Old 10-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #167

4 of us got out to pewitts today. trying to plan something for next sunday morning. we started about 9 and had time to play and get home to see the game.

next sunday the 26th. got 3 so far and looking to see if anybody else is interested
Old 11-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #168

would like to try getting together one more time here this year before that white crap starts flying.
Boneshaker is offline   Reply With Quote

pewitts nest - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clay's Rats-Nest Wraith in progress ZippoMan Axial Wraith 65 03-18-2013 10:56 AM
4xford and Nova's Ark Eagle's Nest trail run 4xFord General Scale Talk 0 12-19-2009 05:38 PM
Some Eagle's Nest fun rhett314 Scale Videos! 8 06-30-2009 02:55 PM
nESt mettING Sunday Mar 1st 10am @ Mermaid Nicklepimp Minnesota 44 03-11-2009 05:16 PM
when is the nest metting mummbles Minnesota 15 02-04-2009 10:10 AM