RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Wisconsin (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wisconsin/)
-   -   Where's all the S.E. WI guys running at? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wisconsin/531222-wheres-all-s-e-wi-guys-running.html)

Mopardude 03-28-2015 01:25 PM

Where's all the S.E. WI guys running at?

Hey guys! I am just got back into RC's last year after being out of it for sometime. I used race at Thunder RC here in Elkhorn back in the day. My nephew was starting to get old enough to be interested in RC and that got my brother(his old man), into it again and they sucked me back into the hobby as well. LOL. I was wondering if there was any places around that were setup to run crawlers? I know the guys at Vinnie's in Lake Geneva keep talking about adding one but they been saying that for awhile. Also is there any clubs or groups of guys that get together and do any trail riding?

johnnyh66 03-28-2015 01:27 PM

Re: Where's all the S.E. WI guys running at?

1 Attachment(s)
I went to a gtg at Devil's Lake near Madison (I'm from Chicago), it was a great time.

j182j 03-29-2015 02:27 PM

Im a former Thunder RC racer as well. I live in Walworth now, still looking for a good place to run at. Not to many good spots that I have found, what rig are you running?

Mopardude 03-29-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j182j (Post 5188577)
Im a former Thunder RC racer as well. I live in Walworth now, still looking for a good place to run at. Not to many good spots that I have found, what rig are you running?

I have a Axial Wraith and the Axial SCX10. How about you what are running?

j182j 03-29-2015 04:24 PM

I have an AX10, I am also working on a scale losi mrc.

cms4wd 07-20-2015 08:00 AM

Hi guys I am new here and live in Delavan . I just got back into Rc after a 12 year lay off . I am running an Losi night crawler and a Losi comp crawler as well. looking for a scaler right now. I would like to build a Wraith but not sure . I have started my own rock course in the back yard . Message me and come and check it out it is 8x20 not a really big course yet but I keep adding . Hope to meet up with some other crawlers as it is getting boring buy my self . I also may have a spot in Lake Geneva it go crawling . Let me know . Chris

Patric 07-26-2015 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cms4wd (Post 5264944)
Hi guys I am new here and live in Delavan . I just got back into Rc after a 12 year lay off . I am running an Losi night crawler and a Losi comp crawler as well. looking for a scaler right now. I would like to build a Wraith but not sure . I have started my own rock course in the back yard . Message me and come and check it out it is 8x20 not a really big course yet but I keep adding . Hope to meet up with some other crawlers as it is getting boring buy my self . I also may have a spot in Lake Geneva it go crawling . Let me know . Chris

Any pictures of your setup? Where at in LG? I haven't found too much for good spots.

fuzzy1 09-21-2015 05:50 PM

I'm in Racine, Have a SCX10 and a Wraith. Buddy of mine has an scx as well. We're always looking for new places to go and people to run with.

We also have plenty of go fast bashers and a few boats too.

GTSLOW 10-21-2015 07:03 AM

What about down by the 7 bridges in south Milwaukee? That little crick runs all the way from the parking lot to the beach and usually has little to no water in it.

Mopardude 10-26-2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cms4wd (Post 5264944)

Hey Chris,

For whatever reason I never saw this reply. You still scale model wheeling?

dc6287 11-12-2015 09:13 AM

Little late seeing this but... Have a trail setup at my in laws, three forest lots near Foley's Irish Pub! Also know of 2 good spots in that area, one is mostly for scalers the other has a good mix of stuff"thumbsup" should be up the whole weekend of thanksgiving with the scx, would love to meet some more people to hike around with.

Dan C.

Patric 11-19-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc6287 (Post 5330641)
Little late seeing this but... Have a trail setup at my in laws, three forest lots near Foley's Irish Pub! Also know of 2 good spots in that area, one is mostly for scalers the other has a good mix of stuff"thumbsup" should be up the whole weekend of thanksgiving with the scx, would love to meet some more people to hike around with.

Dan C.

I am near Lake Geneva, where are these spots? I have tried a few nothing great though.

Mopardude 11-20-2015 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc6287 (Post 5330641)

Dan C.

I don't know what I have going on yet. Maybe shoot me a pm and we can exchange numbers.