RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Wisconsin (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wisconsin/)
-   -   1st annual Central Wisconsin R/C Crawlers, "Crawl for a Cause" Toys For Tots (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wisconsin/575484-1st-annual-central-wisconsin-r-c-crawlers-crawl-cause-toys-tots.html)

whitrzac 12-01-2016 06:07 PM

1st annual Central Wisconsin R/C Crawlers, "Crawl for a Cause" Toys For Tots

This didn't have a thread here yet, so...

1st annual Central Wisconsin R/C Crawlers, "Crawl for a Cause" to benefit our local Toys for Tots Charity.

Classes will be 1.9 and 2.2, with prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each class.

50+ gates of pure crawling goodness for everyone to enjoy!

Entry fee will be a new, non wrapped toy of 10$ or greater value.

Bring your spirit of giving to help a less fortunate child this holiday season, and your a-game for challenges that await you on the trails!

Please dress weather appropriate, I expect it will be chilly, with proper footware.

Registration will open at 9:00am sharp.
Drivers meeting at 9:45am sharp.
Course opens at 10:00am on the dot.
At 2pm (depending on turnout) all scorecards will be required to be turned in, awards at 2:30.

Come on out and let's Crawl for a Cause

https://www.facebook.com/events/1041280792636134/

Super 12-02-2016 02:50 PM

Re: 1st annual Central Wisconsin R/C Crawlers, "Crawl for a Cause" Toys For Tots

I was thinking about going to this but now there is snow in the forecast.:evil:
Snow is a Deal breaker for me.

whitrzac 12-02-2016 06:41 PM

Re: 1st annual Central Wisconsin R/C Crawlers, "Crawl for a Cause" Toys For Tots

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super (Post 5598430)
I was thinking about going to this but now there is snow in the forecast.:evil:
Snow is a Deal breaker for me.

Its not supose to stick.

Snow is fun too:flipoff:

wblteen 12-02-2016 08:05 PM

I've got a car full of people coming

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Super 12-03-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitrzac (Post 5598510)
Its not supose to stick.

Snow is fun too:flipoff:

I can not express to you in words how much I hate snow. Then having to drive 1 1/2 hours home in the snow on a Sunday afternoon.

NO THANK YOU!

whitrzac 12-03-2016 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super (Post 5598999)
I can not express to you in words how much I hate snow. Then having to drive 1 1/2 hours home in the snow on a Sunday afternoon.

NO THANK YOU!

You sir, live in the wrong part of the world. :lmao:

Super 12-03-2016 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitrzac (Post 5599046)
You sir, live in the wrong part of the world. :lmao:

I should have left a long time go.:roll:

TrailDawg362 12-04-2016 01:49 PM

https://youtu.be/fymXApwHzuM

whitrzac 12-04-2016 03:17 PM

The snow made everything more interesting.

Gabe and his elcheapo duratrax showdown tires showed everyone up. Even a brand new set of RBxls couldn't find traction where they had no issues:evil:

TrailDawg362 12-04-2016 04:18 PM

I'm surprised that so many people drove that far for a comp, but won't drive half that distance for a day of non-comp fun at some truly awesome places. I guess I just don't get it.

whitrzac 12-04-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 (Post 5599294)
I'm surprised that so many people drove that far for a comp, but won't drive half that distance for a day of non-comp fun at some truly awesome places. I guess I just don't get it.

I haven't seen any postings on get togethers... It's always been a 'next weekend I'm working' deal.

I'm out of the dells and would drive ~1:30 to go crawling. That puts me in redgranite, oshkosh, north of rapids, or janesville area. "thumbsup"

GLwagon 12-04-2016 05:59 PM

Awesome event, great time!

Big shout out to Duratax for making a silly set of tires.
The 1.9 Showdown tires were amazing on the logs, grass, dirt & snow.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...46984480_o.jpg

TrailDawg362 12-04-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitrzac (Post 5599317)
I haven't seen any postings on get togethers... It's always been a 'next weekend I'm working' deal.

I'm out of the dells and would drive ~1:30 to go crawling. That puts me in redgranite, oshkosh, north of rapids, or janesville area. "thumbsup"

This was a great cause and I'm glad it was successful.

As far as GTG's go, I kinda gave up trying to entice people to group up and come crawling. We found some awesome places this past summer. I will continue to post where I'm going and when, even when no-one responds.

1santaever 12-05-2016 07:21 PM

my wife is working every weekend and it makes it kind of tough to get out on the trails but we are moving and i hope i can go crawling more this summer

wblteen 12-05-2016 07:30 PM

I had tons of fun. My 1.9 iroks handled the snow fairly decent. Had one truck drive up to the start gate and die. The receiver died on me randomly. Can't wait to see the place without snow.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk